Open Meeting

Fawlty Towers

We haven't laid on any refreshments. There may be a vending machine but perhaps one of our supposedly large student following will help me out here...

There's vending machines on the Ground Floor (level 2 of the Boyd Orr) providing such items as chocolate bars, possibly crisp packets and maybe, if it's not out of order AGAIN... soft drinks in 500ml containers.

Worth pointing out that any disabled fans wishing to come along should be able to do so. You'd have to enter the Boyd Orr Building from around the back (the street is accessible by turning off at the M&S near the top of Byres Road and then turning right and going all the way round to the end). Access to Level 4 is by either lift or stairs.

If any disabled fans wish to attend, please let me know in advance (drop me a PM if you know someone who doesn't post here) and I'll do my best to make sure you get in and out with no problems.

When you emerge at Level 4, you can't miss the Lecture Theatre A (it's well signposted). It's got a capacity of well over 100 so let's try and fill it better than we currently fill the Jackie Husband Stand...

Edited by Woodstock Jag

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only ever been in the Boyd Orr building twice for lectures and it was a year ago but I'm fairly sure there are vending machines and there's also a cafe but whether that would be open after normal university hours I'm not sure.

There were definitely a couple of vending machines for snacks, soft drinks and tea/coffee when I studied there going back about 5 years. You're right, the cafe would probably not be open.

The QMU is only across the street from the rear entrance to the building, and IIRC the food factory on the top floor would still be open in the early evening, i.e. before the meeting begins, and there are also vending machines in the entrance to the building. The bar would also be open, but you might require student ID to get served.

Depending on what the WiFi and accoustics are like in the place, a cheapo video camera and a laptop would be enough to do a reasonable quality feed on UStream or something similar, especially if you can get a feed from the PA into the camera. Though if it's off-mic, then yes, audio quality might be horrible (but it would be for a pure audio stream too, then).

Should hopefully be along on Wednesday so if you need a hand let me know.

We're at the stage of it now being like the olden days of recording the radio top ten onto a blank C60 using a hand held mic next to the radio speaker, so your offer of help is most welcome, even if it's just to tell us that we could be doing something smarter and better next time! I'm delighted to say that you are only one of a number of folk who have come forward with offers of help and whilst the business of organising the meeting has got in the way of this plan this time round, we should be willing to give this a more convincing try again soon, even if it's just recording highlights of the St Andrews night and putting them up on YouTube.

Clucking bell! The Trust are trying to get a meeting together and people are nit picking about internet streaming and the venue. You can't please everyone. I've never had any internet streaming for meetings in work so why would they do it here? There is a meeting. If you can attend good. If not then setup a proxy to ask questions and report back or wait for the minutes. Glasgow is not Los Angeles, you can access it easily be it West End, City Centre or Possil.

It's important for folk to come along if they can make it. It's also important that the supporters' association tries to be as inclusive as it can be. I lived in the US for a couple of years many moons ago and I can still recall the feeling of connection (as well as the twinge of home sickness) that Lianne's website gave me.

There are some Jags fans in far flung places who want to do what they can to stay involved and connected to their club. If this works (and I remain to be convinced of the technical viability!), then providing an audio stream will be a small part of assisting in that connection, but it's nothing more than that.

Coming along (if you can), expressing your opinion and getting involved is the only way that the Club can realistically steady the ship and progress from here. The 8 folk currently on the Trust board have a part to play, but so does everyone else.

Hope to see you all there tomorrow.

I have a wee bit of a clash of things on tonight but am going to try and pop up for a bit. But, in case the 3D THX CGI version not working, could someone post some old fashioned written summations of the evening on here later?

I'll be taking notes (probably not the only one) and I'll get something written up to go probably on the trust website and I'll post a summary on here as well.