Lambie - Why Not?

gavin1

sorry but no, he is too old and has been out of football for to long.

Who says he has what it takes now and it would only be short term so not for me thanks.

Is he any older than Craig Brown or Walter Smith? If he was willing to step in with one of his old side kicks (not GC!) I reckon it would be a good option. Now that him and his wife are no longer together he might fancy having someting to fill up his time.

Is he any older than Craig Brown or Walter Smith? If he was willing to step in with one of his old side kicks (not GC!) I reckon it would be a good option. Now that him and his wife are no longer together he might fancy having someting to fill up his time.

still a no for me, it would be nice if he could turn back time but i just dont think he is the right person :unknw:

I think he's a fair bit younger than Craig Brown, but then his health's probably significantly worse. He's the only successful manager we've had in my lifetime, surely there's someone else who could do the job though.

I don't think at his age and health we should think about bringing him back, ******* ridiculous that we have to continually wheel him out due to inept appointments and continual dross on the park. Well aye just the once, but this isn't the first time since then its been mooted about a return.

On another note I'd love to hear what he thinks of certain members of the squad too. Paton, Hodge, Kinniburgh etc etc.

Edited by MWM

I don't think at his age and health we should think about bringing him back, ******* ridiculous that we have to continually wheel him out due to inept appointments and continual dross on the park. Well aye just the once, but this isn't the first time since then its been mooted about a return.

Agreed, we'd finish The Great One off if he returned!

I would not mind seeing Lambie take over for 2 or 3 games whilst the Board conducted a proper process to appoint the new manager (draw up a profile of the qualities the ideal candidate should have, hold interviews, etc). However, given his age/health isues I don't think that would be the long term solution.

The man is a legend and that is how he should stay.

John Lambie is obviously hurting like the rest of us but he knows his limits and to push him into this is so unfair.

Let the man enjoy his position ( apart from the results ) and retire the legend he is.

The new board's lack of voice is concerning tho.

The man is a legend and that is how he should stay.

John Lambie is obviously hurting like the rest of us but he knows his limits and to push him into this is so unfair.

Let the man enjoy his position ( apart from the results ) and retire the legend he is.

The new board's lack of voice is concerning tho.

If McCall's ego would allow it there would be no harm in allowing the messiah into the dressing room now and again to give the players a gee up. Tales from the past and a bit of his banter would surely raise their spirits in the way it does every time I read something about him or even just see him at Firhill.

A footballing legend and as he says, 'The game's deid' as it's far too serious. Maybe that's the problem with our dressing room now? :unknw:

Argee here the man is a Legend/Messiah/God of mangerment :worshippy: we can not keep asking him to come back when where always in trouble! no need to return what he finished :)

Last I spoke to the great Lambie it was at a hospialty against Dundee last season in March I think it was. He was talking about the quality of the football these days and how good of squad we had but we wouldn't win because we didnt/ still dont have anyone from midfield or up front who will take a bloody shot outside the box instead of walking the ball into the net! and he was right we lost 2-0 :thumbdown:

Oh, I know, I know. I don't think the auld fella's health could take it either.

...But just imagine that you wake up tomorrow and the headlines read:

"IAN McCALL ABDUCTED BY ALIENS; JOHN LAMBIE BACK IN THE HOTSEAT AT FIRHILL".

Who among us would not spill his cornflakes as he jumped up, punched the air, and screamed out loud "oh ya fkn beauty!!!!!"?

No No No

The man is a legend and I fear that this group of players may be a bridge too far. I would hate for him to go out on a low. Let's remember the good times and let his record stand as it is.

Not that I disagree with you, DD, but the last team he put out was not exactly world beaters or indeed full of grit & confidence. For the record.....

Arthur

Anis

Murray

MadAussie

Milne

Mitchell

Gibson

Fleming

Strachan

One

Ramon

A few rather delicate characters in there but still managed a very creditable draw at Love St.

Not that I disagree with you, DD, but the last team he put out was not exactly world beaters or indeed full of grit & confidence. For the record.....

Arthur

Anis

Murray

MadAussie

Milne

Mitchell

Gibson

Fleming

Strachan

One

Ramon

A few rather delicate characters in there but still managed a very creditable draw at Love St.

God ! You have to let the facts get in the way of a good memory. May be I'm getting old, but from what I recall, the great one won every match by 5 goals or more !