Two Years & Two Days

Fawlty Towers

11 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Playing them out of position certainly is. 

What players, played out of position, would have made a significant difference to our points tally at the moment, as opposed to say, players playing in their correct position making mistakes?

8 hours ago, dl1971 said:

No I don't see. Have I woken up in a parallel universe where there was no vote taken to relegate us  ( with a game in hand and 2 points behind QOS ). Are you saying we were relegated fairly? If so you must be the only PTFC fan on planet earth who believes that. For the record a whole season is 36 games so its reasonable to assume those games are played. Keep digging DD as each post just makes you look even more bitter. It simply serves no purpose. Let it go and maybe just maybe the team and mcall will put a smile on your face. 

I have never said it was anything other than unfair (sometimes my language was more colourful). I said it was avoidable that is completely different. The vote would have been unfair no matter who ended up at the wrong end of it. 

Don't put words in my mouth that I have never said. I don't mind debating with you, but you are better than that.

25 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

What players, played out of position, would have made a significant difference to our points tally at the moment, as opposed to say, players playing in their correct position making mistakes?

Seriously ? Do you watch any of our games ? Do you read any of the post match threads ?

32 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Every season  manager after manager, at some point during the season, said it only matters where we are in May. McCall didn’t get to May. 

And he knew it was coming, we all did. The decision to halt the leagues had been on the cards for 2 or 3 weeks. Being bottom when the decision was made put us in a precarious position.

4 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

My own view has not changed. I feel we've done better than expected playing an imbalanced side, but perhaps we've had to depend on grinding out results a bit too much. Whilst McCall can be held responsible for not putting out a balanced team he can take credit for building/maintaining a squad that has the attitude to grind out these results. That's not really answered your question, I'm  just reiterating that I'm happy enough with McCall at this moment in time with a a fair tad of reservation.

eta The state of the Firhill pitch has not made the formation issue redundant but I believe the near necessity to involve a long ball game kinda puts that issue on hold, home games at least.