New Signings?

shut up mimsy

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blub, blub, blub. I've forgotten what your point was. Was it he hasn't had a sniff of first-team football for years? :rolleyes:

Yawn.

If you are too thick to see my point, that is your problem and not mine.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not that bothered about missing out on a guy who has had little football in the last 2 seasons and has only scored 14 goals in the last 3 seasons (2 of which were in Div 1)

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not that bothered about missing out on a guy who has had little football in the last 2 seasons and has only scored 14 goals in the last 3 seasons (2 of which were in Div 1)

Come on Grant, get down off that fence. Where do you really sit in the great Peter Macdonald debate?

Blub, blub, blub. I've forgotten what your point was. Was it he hasn't had a sniff of first-team football for years? :rolleyes:

I think point was that 14 goals from 64 games wasn't exactly 'inspiring' - funnily enough I grapsed that the first time he said it.

Injury prone and out of form; obviously we'd prefer it if he was also over the hill too and avaialable to act as a coach, but you can't have everything. We'll probably sign him.

I think point was that 14 goals from 64 games wasn't exactly 'inspiring' - funnily enough I grapsed that the first time he said it.

Bully for you.

It's hardly an in-depth analysis of MacDonald's contribution to the St. Johnstone cause, is it? It doesn't give you an indication of whether he started or played five minutes of those games, etc, etc.

Macdonald's been offered contract extension after contract extension by the Saintees and remains a BIG favourite with their fans. He must be doing something right.

Bully for you.

It's hardly an in-depth analysis of MacDonald's contribution to the St. Johnstone cause, is it? It doesn't give you an indication of whether he started or played five minutes of those games, etc, etc.

Macdonald's been offered contract extension after contract extension by the Saintees and remains a BIG favourite with their fans. He must be doing something right.

To paraphrase Vic Reeves, 'You wouldn't let it lie'

Given he's managed 14 goals in 3 seasons, do we really need another striker who hasn't performed for years? As I pointed out, the last time he got a run of games (3 seasons ago), he only managed 8 all season.

Only seen him play one bounce game for us since his return from injury, but Hards apparanetly joined your club today and will do a job. He is very versatile (anywhere across the middle, in the hole or up top). He'll lead your troops into battle with his big strong heart and if things work out for player and Partick, he might persuade Peaso Macdonald to join you guys. The wee man is on fire with 4 goals in his last four games - albeit bounce games.

Yes they're old and yes they're injury prone, but they are super players and could transform your season.

If he was to sign for a month on loan then this is the ideal time for it. In the next month we play

Falkirk (h)

Stirling (a)

Cowdenbeath (h)

Dundee (a)

Morton (h)

There's a few games there we have to be winning if we're to steer well clear of the playoffs.

Ideally I'd be wanting 11 points from those games, with Falkirk & Dungdee being the hardest. The rest we have to win.

Since this now seems to be a goer, I obviously hope it works out, but I don't think our history is littered with guys who came back for a second spell and were as good as their first time, especially when in their mid 30s.

There's also McCall's disastrous loan signing record to take into account.

Still, if he comes off the bench on Saturday to bullet in a late winner a la 2001 then that'll do me.