New Signings?

shut up mimsy

You seem to tho so why not share what's on your mind?

When I first read the OP I thought 'oh shut up mimsy' as I dont believe it for a minute. Who gave the permission to sign them? Who provides the money to pay them? If we can really afford to bring in 2 players would these be the types of player we need? And finally....how do we get round the transfer window thingy?

You can sign players on 'emergency loan', which can last upto 93 days, outside the transfer window.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only logic I can see is if it is a short term loan with a view to signing either (or both) players in January if they impress. I would especially welcome McDonald - he'll get goals at this level if fit and sharp. And ideally this would be funded by a director, who is maybe more willing to invest money now that Cowan, Hughes and Prentice have left the stage?

Yeah Im aware of that but doesn't that mean there needs to be an emergency? We have plenty midfielders and strikers, I dont think them being rank qualifies as an emergency.

I think we need seven or eight players quick smart. I call that an emergency.

However, given McCall's luck with loan signings, they will probably be worse than what we currently have.

But does it count as an emergency in the eyes of those folk who sanction emergency loans?

It's an ambiguous term. I dont think it needs sanctioning by anyone, only that the loan cannot be extended when the 93 days are up (unless of course, the player is out of contract at the end of the loan)

It's an ambiguous term. I dont think it needs sanctioning by anyone, only that the loan cannot be extended when the 93 days are up (unless of course, the player is out of contract at the end of the loan)

"Emergency" in this instance is a misnomer. There is no requirement for an "emergency"; it just refers to the short term nature of the deal.

Thanks guys, why do football governing bodies not just call a spade a spade :angry:

I think this would be a really good move, even if it just was a month. Who the hell do we think we are to stick up our noses at Hardie and MacDonald, have any of you seen who we have out there on the pitch???

Hopefully these deals are done ASAP and we can try and grind out some results, the longer we stay rooted to the bottom the harder its gonna get. C'mon Jags fans, if this is true, it's the best news to come out of the playing front for a bloody long time!

Hardie - sh*tloads of heart

MacDonald - sh*tload of goals

Two attributes that are missing from most, if not all, our current players. The have injury problems. Fair enough. They wouldn't come close to being an option for us if they didn't.

They help dig us out of our current predicament? Fine. They pick up another injury and we have to send them back? Also fine.

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

Utterly desperate antics from a desperately incompetent manager, propped up by a desperately useless board and, by the sounds of things on here, largely supported by a desperately deluded fan base. BMMMH was utter sh1te the last few times he played here, he would have made Brian Backwards look good. McDonald is injury prone just like a few others we could touch with a short stick.

Another of Bunter's diversions from reality. I hear Jimmy Bone and Frankie Coulston are standing by the phone.

I suppose people think guys like Buchanan and Hodge can suddenly turn it round and get us out the grubber? We're already losing games and many of the current group of players have shown they can't cut it, time and again, I don't see what we have to lose from this. Its not exactly offering these guys three year deals, if it is the case we want to bring them in.

If they do sign I reckon it will be tomorrow, so they can play 5 games this month, as we have a game on October 30.

Edited by MWM

I suppose people think guys like Buchanan and Hodge can suddenly turn it round and get us out the grubber? We're already losing games and many of the current group of players have shown they can't cut it, time and again, I don't see what we have to lose from this. Its not exactly offering these guys three year deals, if it is the case we want to bring them in.

If they do sign I reckon it will be tomorrow, so they can play 5 games this month, as we have a game on October 30.

This