Zak Rudden Compensation

Fawlty Towers

From a purely footballing point of view I'm not that miffed that Rudden left us. I couldn't see him as a lone striker. For starters his first touch is pretty poor. And I don't believe we've got the set up to play supporting two strikers. Commercially we may have been at fault but then again I don't really see  that retaining Rudden would've ever resulted in us winning thru the play offs last season.

No doubt the Jakubiak for Rudden thingy didn't exactly work out but that trade most likely made little real difference.

A strange deal all around. I do feel Rudden going dented our goalscoring ability and coupled with the drop off in production from Brian Graham made for an uninspiring last few months of the season.

Are Rangers due a cut of the no doubt paltry fee we received? 

15 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

May well be. I did get the impression tho' that the "interest" they held in Rudden was more to do with a first option in the transfer-market.  

They did have a first buy option. Just not sure if there was a sell-on fee or if that was negated by the loan deal with Dundee?

Anyway, if they did receive a share I hope they enjoy their 2 Freddos and a swig of the can of Tizer we received.

• Haha 2