Scottish cup draw

11 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Probably. But do we really need to have VAR giving dubious penalties for the OF when Scottish refs have been doing it for years.

Good question. The way I see it using VAR is primarily a failsafe operation. A tool for the referee to fall back on when required. If for some inexplicable reason he fails to give Rangers a penalty then the VAR ref can step in. Clearly failing to award a penalty to Rangers will be deemed as a "clear and obvious error". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

So, let's think this through.

11 v 11 - On the park

0 v 4 - h*n ******** that are officials

0 v 3 - VAR who will certainly be called upon when it isn't going to the Sevco script.

Big Injury Time is definitely in vogue as well after the World Cup. Expect 10 mins + at the end if they aren't winning.

Edited by milhouse

10 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Big Injury Time is definitely in vogue as well after the World Cup. Expect 10 mins + at the end if they aren't winning.

Nothing new here either.

Think back to Parkhead in the early 90's, when the ref managed to magic 8 or 9 minutes from nowhere. We still held on for the win though.

My Dad told me he once had to leave on 90 minutes v Rangers, when we were 1 - 0 up. He found out later they'd scored 2 in injury time to win 2 - 1. Not sure of the year but possibly the 70's.

Too many horror stories against this mob. Let this be our time, please. 

1 hour ago, CotterJag said:

Nothing new here either.

Think back to Parkhead in the early 90's, when the ref managed to magic 8 or 9 minutes from nowhere. We still held on for the win though.

My Dad told me he once had to leave on 90 minutes v Rangers, when we were 1 - 0 up. He found out later they'd scored 2 in injury time to win 2 - 1. Not sure of the year but possibly the 70's.

Too many horror stories against this mob. Let this be our time, please. 

Think it was new year 71 or 72. I did the same. Got home still thinking we’d won.

• Like 1