Explanations.....someone please.

TartanC4

So every advantage was given to Ross County to survive in the playoff and retain there Premiership status.  The VAR decisions, lack of decisions. No explanation has been given why were not allowed to take the penalties in front of our own fans.....no coin flipped, no discussion.....then the camera catches Mcgregor and Doncaster sitting in the stand together.........anything not to lose Ross County, Mcgregors money and influence....let me know if i sound bitter.

We can blame the referees and VAR all we want, the flow of decisions was definitely against us for most of that second leg but VAR also gave us the majority of the home game playing against ten men. We just didn't properly hammer home that advantage.

We lost because we didn't put them away when we had the chance, they had the ascendancy for about 30 mins of the 180 and scored the goals they needed to in that time.

The English FA Cup final had a similarly ludicrous handball decision given by VAR. The rule/interpretation is terrible, but its been like this all season. The one tiny consolation from yesterday is that we won't have VAR spoiling the matchday experience next season (cups/possible playoffs excepted).

Due to glass bottles and flares being thrown by Thistle fans at previous games (Firhill and Somerset Park respectively), as well as the pitch incursions both yesterday and against Ayr at home, a report was sent by the match commander to Police Scotland. Our own fans have absolutely nobody to blame but themselves for the spot kicks being taken at the other end. Don't know if it would have made a difference, but if you behave like a bunch of reprobates, that's what happens. 

In terms of explanations for the result, our boys bottled it. Simple as that. Penalty might have been soft, but rather than settle the game down, we booted the ball straight from the kick off straight to them.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, TartanC4 said:

So every advantage was given to Ross County to survive in the playoff and retain there Premiership status.  The VAR decisions, lack of decisions. No explanation has been given why were not allowed to take the penalties in front of our own fans.....no coin flipped, no discussion.....then the camera catches Mcgregor and Doncaster sitting in the stand together.........anything not to lose Ross County, Mcgregors money and influence....let me know if i sound bitter.

If you want an explanation for the bit in bold go ask the guy that ran onto the pitch at haltime, the guys too drunk to stand up and the idiot who threw the ball away and shouted abuse at the County player. See also the idiots with flares and fans running onto the pitch against Ayr.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

The English FA Cup final had a similarly ludicrous handball decision given by VAR. The rule/interpretation is terrible, but its been like this all season. The one tiny consolation from yesterday is that we won't have VAR spoiling the matchday experience next season (cups/possible playoffs excepted).

I think the Grealush  handball was a penalty . He jumps - both arms go up as is natural when you jump - both arms  then go down - he then raises his left arm and the ball hits his hand . There was no need for him to raise his left arm ,it was in an unnatural position.

13 hours ago, eljaggo said:

The police advised the ref to avoid the Thistle end - presumably on public safety grounds.

If we’re now getting to the stage where our game  is now getting refereed by the Police Force we’re absolutely in a sorry state .

Would it happen in a Old Firm Game ?

It’s always said by players, pundits, media etc, that penalties are a lottery. In many cases shooting towards the opposing fans is a disadvantage. I’ve often wondered why penalties can’t be taken at both ends so that both teams get to shoot at their own fans? There are 4 officials, they only need 2 at each goal. To me that means neither team has an advantage. Too sensible?

11 hours ago, jaggy said:

It’s always said by players, pundits, media etc, that penalties are a lottery. In many cases shooting towards the opposing fans is a disadvantage. I’ve often wondered why penalties can’t be taken at both ends so that both teams get to shoot at their own fans? There are 4 officials, they only need 2 at each goal. To me that means neither team has an advantage. Too sensible?

I guess there could be other factors that could be perceived as giving advantage to one side or the other eg if the sun is in the eyes of one keeper, or maybe one goalmouth is a bit muddier than the other. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

If we’re now getting to the stage where our game  is now getting refereed by the Police Force we’re absolutely in a sorry state .

A point I was trying to make. It is tho' entirely possible the Polis could do a better job running Scottish Football than Doncaster & Maxwell. Then again even Cal Mac would make a better stab at it than those two. 

• Like 1