Glasgow Derby

elevenone

Neilsons positional sense kept us from losing 2 goals today thought he was brilliant. 

Weird game in the sense that we never defended terribly and lost 2 goals. Mcinroy actually looked like he had his best spell when he moved to the right. 

Bringing Alston on nearly ruined us, gave away the ball constantly. Graham was poor today also, would love to see Diack get another start or maybe Robinson get a chance up front if he can stay fit.

7 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Graham was poor today also, would love to see Diack get another start or maybe Robinson get a chance up front if he can stay fit.

I think our main problem regardless of who we play upfront is getting a central midfielder into an advanced role often enough. Stems again from the lack of a ball winner in defensive mid. Two (usually Bannigan & Stanway) do the job of one. In turn the supposed advanced midfielder (McInroy/Alston) is drawn back, rarely able to get close to support our striker.

We're fortunate that we're relatively strong in attacking wide positions as we're not too clever thru the middle.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think our main problem regardless of who we play upfront is getting a central midfielder into an advanced role often enough. Stems again from the lack of a ball winner in defensive mid. Two (usually Bannigan & Stanway) do the job of one. In turn the supposed advanced midfielder (McInroy/Alston) is drawn back, rarely able to get close to support our striker.

We're fortunate that we're relatively strong in attacking wide positions as we're not too clever thru the middle.

Would agree with that but to be honest Graham lost all his battles today physically, and i seen a few 1-2s he tried with Fitzy that i felt Graham was the reason the move broke down. 

Diack maybe a bit more mobile to win the battles and would Robinson maybe be a bit more clever with link up play ? Just a thought I had after watching us today.

5 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Sneddon at fault for the first and didn’t look close to their second but I’ll let someone in the JLS chip in with their view. 

I don’t think there’s much between the keepers but agree that Jamie has failed to cement his place at the club, he’s too inconsistent. I’d certainly bring in Mitchell if and when he’s fit but needs addressing again at the end of the season.

Said it before, if we don't sort out our keeper situation theres no way we are going up through the play-offs

36 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

Said it before, if we don't sort out our keeper situation theres no way we are going up through the play-offs

Sneddon is a liability, that today completely summed him up. If he let him go he would never be heard of again.

Started the same way as against Dundee Utd without conceding. We seem to start slowly every game. I thought Fitzpatrick was pretty anonymous in the 1st half but much better 2nd half. Stevie, the reverse. Maybe it’s something about playing on the JH side as it seems to happen each time at Firhill. QP hardly troubled us but still managed to score twice due to Sneddon’s howler and Muirhead’s needless tackle. It was good to get the win.

44 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Started the same way as against Dundee Utd without conceding. We seem to start slowly every game. I thought Fitzpatrick was pretty anonymous in the 1st half but much better 2nd half. Stevie, the reverse. Maybe it’s something about playing on the JH side as it seems to happen each time at Firhill. QP hardly troubled us but still managed to score twice due to Sneddon’s howler and Muirhead’s needless tackle. It was good to get the win.

Didn't we score in the first minute a few weeks ago?

I would say that there are games when we are indeed notably sluggish at the start, and even some in which that doesn't change as the match progresses. There are also games where we start really brightly but either the final ball or the shot/header at goal come to nothing, and then we start to fade, and eventually fizzle out completely. That's the Jags: you basically don't know what you're in for! 

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Didn't we score in the first minute a few weeks ago?

I would say that there are games when we are indeed notably sluggish at the start, and even some in which that doesn't change as the match progresses. There are also games where we start really brightly but either the final ball or the shot/header at goal come to nothing, and then we start to fade, and eventually fizzle out completely. That's the Jags: you basically don't know what you're in for! 

You are more than likely right. However, last 3 games we have been slow out the blocks. Hope it isn’t a trend.