V Ross County

PaleGreySky

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree

No pace, can't score. Why does he still get a game?

He offers nothing as a striker. He can't finish, he can't hold the ball up and he isn't a threat in the air. I'm glad McCall decided to start Grehan and Doolan. Sadly, I have a feeling he will replace Doolan with Buchanan next week.

I feel Doolan is a far superior striker. He can finish, he has a great touch, he works harder than Buchanan and he has fairly decent pace. No doubt the usual suspects will be along to tell me that he is no better than a 'pub player' and he's 'not fit to wear the shirt'. :rolleyes:

This team don't deserve my patronage.

A fukin lifetime (38 years) of disappointment after disappointment takes its toll.

Good bye :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I'm done here. :mad2:

Fuk em

I actually thought they did not bad. They gave it 100% and that's all i ever ask. Aye, there was a few mistakes during the game but i could'nt fault them for effort. Still fecking gutted though.

I have never claimed to be all that knowledgeable about football but I thought the team performed well today and that Liam had a decent game when he came on. His shot at the end was one which lacked confidence but the keeper still had to make a decent save and I thought he was unlucky when he was breaking towards the box and was clearly fouled but the ref (who I thought was very poor and favoured Ross County) did nothing.

A fukin lifetime (38 years) of disappointment after disappointment takes its toll.

Fuk em

The stupidity on here from some people never ceases to amaze me.

We've just beaten Ross County away from home in the League and we were very unlucky not to knock them out of the cup today. In a nutshell, we've played in Dingwall twice in 7 days and came away unbeaten, yet you decide to chuck it now?

You'd be as well going to Parkhead or Ibrox with an attitude like that. Unbelievable.

Edited by Tom Stronach

He offers nothing as a striker. He can't finish, he can't hold the ball up and he isn't a threat in the air. I'm glad McCall decided to start Grehan and Doolan. Sadly, I have a feeling he will replace Doolan with Buchanan next week.

I feel Doolan is a far superior striker. He can finish, he has a great touch, he works harder than Buchanan and he has fairly decent pace. No doubt the usual suspects will be along to tell me that he is no better than a 'pub player' and he's 'not fit to wear the shirt'. :rolleyes:

Got to disagree with you big time here, yes he's had a shockin start to the season and today he should have scored twice, but he's had a good couple of outings against Ross Co now. You are being harsh imo.

As for his misses, well he needs to use the cuteness he did at the penalty in situations like that, a couple of well placed shots were required and he tried to blast them. His desperation for a goal is causing him to lose composure infront of goal.

Gutted about the outcome but more positive about our season ahead, mon the Jags.

Fuk em

I think this is a bit much. Unfortunately disappointment is part of the deal with being a Jags fan and i don't enjoy it any more than the next guy, but you stick with them.

I'm raging that we lost but what's done is done.

Here's to the rest of the season!

Aggreed. I much prefer Doolan these days. Was actually dissapointed to see him get replaced by Liam today.

I actually thought they did not bad. They gave it 100% and that's all i ever ask. Aye, there was a few mistakes during the game but i could'nt fault them for effort. Still fecking gutted though.

Agreed. I feel slightly better than I did before the 2 games v county.

Thought we looked okay today, without being brilliant.

Fuk em

Bye then. Ibrox is just across the water. Or you could choose Parkhead. The two of them win most weeks.

It maybe sounds like we are making Bryn and Liam scapegoats, but at the end of the day if they had both did what were the easiest part of their jobs we would have been through to the final.

In Liam's case I think its time he was given leave of the 1st team for a while. He has did nothing this season. His pace is gone as has is scoring. How many goals has our supposed No1 striker scored this season?

Not saying punt him, but maybe he can take his Aston Martin for a wee drive for a few weeks til he can play without his head dropping.

That was a sickener! Thought we played well and were the better side but the game hinged on three factors. Stupid tackle by McNamara (who I thought was excellent, otherwise) for their 1st goal, a horrendous mistake by Halliwell and Buchanans sitter...why did he not chip the keeper??? This is gonna hurt for a while!!

Edited by Lindau

I was glad when we took the lead the second time. Usually it's Thistle scores the first, recieves the equalizer and then gives up another goal shortly after. So I think it was good when we scored the second goal after the equalizer.

Didn't see Ross Countys second goal (only on text updates), but a goal that late in the game (a few minutes before the final whistle) is always a bummer.

You buy cheap you get cheap and we've got that in that clown alliwell.

Ian McCall the nearly man strikes again. A cup final was all he could have done positive for us, the team ****** that up too. Really had enough of hard luck stories and better luck next time pish.

It maybe sounds like we are making Bryn and Liam scapegoats, but at the end of the day if they had both did what were the easiest part of their jobs we would have been through to the final.

In Liam's case I think its time he was given leave of the 1st team for a while. He has did nothing this season. His pace is gone as has is scoring. How many goals has our supposed No1 striker scored this season?

Not saying punt him, but maybe he can take his Aston Martin for a wee drive for a few weeks til he can play without his head dropping.

They are fair game for being scapegoats. Pair of useless *****, both will probably come out in the papers in the next few days trotting out all the cliches under the sun "Raring to bounce back" "rub of the green" "lads bouncing in training" etc etc. I'd love to see an example made of one of them and they were punted.

Edited by MWM

Bryn wasn't really that much to blame for the 1st goal. He could have maybe got a hand to it, but the players in front of him should have done better to close down the dummy pass and McNamara's lunge was unnecessary as it probably ought to have been covered by Archie behind him.

2nd goal was a howler mind.

Liam missed two absolute sitters (granted the keeper got a touch 2nd time but should have still buried it). It's really sad how he's become a shadow of the whippet he was 2 years ago.

Gutted for us to lose in those circumstances. I hope Boyle's confidence doesn't take a battering after his penalty miss because he had a great game, showed brilliant anticipation for his goal and has been arguably our best man all season.

McNamara had a slightly disappointing game, but Archie and Kinniburgh were generally solid, which was good to see.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

They are fair game for being scapegoats. Pair of useless *****, both will probably come out in the papers in the next few days trotting out all the cliches under the sun "Raring to bounce back" "rub of the green" "lads bouncing in training" etc etc. I'd love to see an example made of one of them and they were punted.

People are entitled to their opinion (no matter how stupid) but I have to say that your post is,in my opinion,total nonsense!

and replaced by who? try to keep some grip on reality :rolleyes: