Rave On

three jags

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why Denis McQuade and Alex Rae were inducted individually in addition to being inducted as part of the 1971 squad. It seems unfair to the rest of the squad, especially as most gave several years of loyal service to the club.

I was going to raise exactly the same point, largely because my two boyhood Jags heroes were Denis McQuade, but especially, and for longer, Jackie Campbell. Club captain for ages. He deserves a place in the Hall Of Fame in his own right and not just as a member of the 1971 team. It's almost an insult actually. He played his entire career for Thistle, 579 appearances.

Edited by beep0608

One of my first ever Thistle heroes and a player who epitomises what a Jags player should be all about. Bobby as we all know didn't have the greatest of ability but he gave 110% every time he pulled on that shirt and his commitment could never be faulted. A true Thistle legend who was treated disgracefully by the club but who is finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Not everyone can afford or chooses to attend the HoF events. It would be nice to see Bobby brought along to Firhill one day and be given a reception by what is left of the Firhill faithful.

Fantastic point. I'm confident we have the folk at the club now who take these ideas on board and would push through with it.

A player and a Thistle era (1990s) I wish I was my age now back then. Far too young at the time to acknowledge players and characters like Law and others, a rarity nowadays back then.

Not wanting to dampen the fond memories of the player but on one of my old tapes there's a hilarious Bobby Law moment, for all the wrong reasons. Season 1992/93 at home to Falkirk, prevents a goal bound Falkirk goal by the punching the ball off the line - superman style. Red card as a result. Makes me laugh every time. We lost that day 1v2.

Fantastic point. I'm confident we have the folk at the club now who take these ideas on board and would push through with it.

A player and a Thistle era (1990s) I wish I was my age now back then. Far too young at the time to acknowledge players and characters like Law and others, a rarity nowadays back then.

Not wanting to dampen the fond memories of the player but on one of my old tapes there's a hilarious Bobby Law moment, for all the wrong reasons. Season 1992/93 at home to Falkirk, prevents a goal bound Falkirk goal by the punching the ball off the line - superman style. Red card as a result. Makes me laugh every time. We lost that day 1v2.

I remember that day so well. Met Bobby outside ground and wished him well.....he was well up for the match.....then off (correct me if im wrong it was early in 1st half?). i remember Lambie going nuts !!

I remember that day so well. Met Bobby outside ground and wished him well.....he was well up for the match.....then off (correct me if im wrong it was early in 1st half?). i remember Lambie going nuts !!

Yeah, first half. Gerry scored a peach from outside the box and Jamieson volleyed over in the last few minutes. Everyone simultaneously in the City End throw their hands on their heads at that miss.

I was going to raise exactly the same point, largely because my two boyhood Jags heroes were Denis McQuade, but especially, and for longer, Jackie Campbell. Club captain for ages. He deserves a place in the Hall Of Fame in his own right and not just as a member of the 1971 team. It's almost an insult actually. He played his entire career for Thistle, 579 appearances.

Jackie got a big testimonial with Hercules the Bear ... and I got on the pitch and spoke to Roughie. :thumbsup2:

Nice one! :thumbsup2:

Bobby Law recognised at long last, the Shed, the wee pie stall at the terrace (near the stairs) beside the main stand, tunnel in the middle of a proper stadium ... just shed a fkin tear watching

I also like the old floodlights, charnleys rolled down socks, the way the grass was cut and the old AZAD Video advertising board. Great memories!

Nice one! :thumbsup2:

Bobby Law recognised at long last, the Shed, the wee pie stall at the terrace (near the stairs) beside the main stand, tunnel in the middle of a proper stadium ... just shed a fkin tear watching that.

Shame they didnt show the back wall that we all used to pish against and was green with algae as a result.

I ******* love Bobby Law.

I started going to Firhill around 1988 and him and Chic were the faves. But I always loved Bobby more ( :blush: ).

Does he work as a spark now or something liek that? He was once at my work doing stuff and I nearly creamed myself.

Long time coming. Bobby was a proper hero, total pro on the park and a nice guy off it. Gave his all in red and yellow. Not sure if he's still working the farm at strathaven, but he was puttin a full shift in there and playin for the jags. Did he ever get a testimonial as he was with us for 11 yrs

RAVE ON BOBBY LAW!!!!

Edited by Norgethistle

The Lawman's wonder strike....

Great stuff and well deserved for Bobby. He was also one of my first heroes along with Chico.

A bit off topic, but the challenge by Campbell on Murdoch early on in that clip would have been a straight red nowadays! Hardly any reaction from the players or the commentary :D

Edited by Paris

Like many Bobby was my first real hero (with the exception of Kenny Watson, what a time to be introduced to the jags)

I played right back as a kid and I was Bobby.

Down at kilbowie I got to meet Bobby and get my photo taken with him. Bobby asked me what the score would be and I said 2-1 Jags.

We got hammered 7-1 I think.

Well deserved Bobby

Like many Bobby was my first real hero (with the exception of Kenny Watson, what a time to be introduced to the jags)

I played right back as a kid and I was Bobby.

Down at kilbowie I got to meet Bobby and get my photo taken with him. Bobby asked me what the score would be and I said 2-1 Jags.

We got hammered 7-1 I think.

Well deserved Bobby

Are you Bryan Greig?