Banner At Parkhead Today

kennypaton

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this, but not everyone will see it that way. I'm sure many people in that photograph don't accept the poppy as a symbolic gesture towards the dead of two world wars and more as a symbol of centuries of British rule over an island to the west of here.

:unsure::thinking:

27-April 10

Chicago

Team:

Partick Thistle

:thinking: Midway?

Celtic Football Club is a neanderthal institution run by neanderthals for neanderthals. Their neanderthal chairman, Reid, is a disgrace to pre-humanity in both his current role and his deeply shameful previous incarnation as a 'politician'.

Their counterparts from Govan are equally deserving of the neanderthal accreditation and, jointly, would be doing modern humanity a great honour by agreeing to douse themselves in unleaded petrol and put a match to themselves in Indian mystic fashion.

There is no place in a society comprising fully modern humans for either of these sets of genetic throwbacks.

Celtic Football Club is a neanderthal institution run by neanderthals for neanderthals. Their neanderthal chairman, Reid, is a disgrace to pre-humanity in both his current role and his deeply shameful previous incarnation as a 'politician'.

Their counterparts from Govan are equally deserving of the neanderthal accreditation and, jointly, would be doing modern humanity a great honour by agreeing to douse themselves in unleaded petrol and put a match to themselves in Indian mystic fashion.

There is no place in a society comprising fully modern humans for either of these sets of genetic throwbacks.

Hear Hear to all of that.

Brilliantly put as always. :thumbsup2:

That obnoxious banner reflects the policies and activities of Sinn Fein-IRA. The IRA leadership in Ireland supported the Nazis whom they viewed as friends and liberators. The IRA threatened to attack American soldiers training in Northern Ireland.

There is a statue of Sean Russell, IRA Chief of Staff a Nazi collaborator, in Dublin's Fairview Park. The Simon Wiesenthal Organisation, the Nazi hunters, denounced the statue, as a symbol of Ireland's shame and a blot on Ireland's history. The unveiling of the statue was attended by leading IRA units and Sinn Fein officials.

That obnoxious banner reflects the policies and activities of Sinn Fein-IRA. The IRA leadership in Ireland supported the Nazis whom they viewed as friends and liberators. The IRA threatened to attack American soldiers training in Northern Ireland.

There is a statue of Sean Russell, IRA Chief of Staff a Nazi collaborator, in Dublin's Fairview Park. The Simon Wiesenthal Organisation, the Nazi hunters, denounced the statue, as a symbol of Ireland's shame and a blot on Ireland's history. The unveiling of the statue was attended by leading IRA units and Sinn Fein officials.

Aw fur gawd sake, read the first sentence of your signiture then read that post again.

sheesh.

would like to say something about this but am writing an essay just now which is killer. just have to say though that since we sometimes like to characterise ourselves as an intellegent free thinking sorta fan base surely therefore we could do a little better in our critique of our east end brethern than straw men and other rhetorical ploys.

Hear Hear i personally think the poppy has been hijacked by the old firm i think a campaign to reclaim poppy day to the way it was should be started.Was asked by a drunk guy and his wife why iwas wearing a facist label on my jacket last night i e a poppy i basicly told him where to go as every year i take my mother who is 83 to the local rememberance day as her brother my uncles name is on the memorial who incidently played for duntocher hibs and was a big celtic fan.Judging by the photos and the dodgy spelling i think the demo was by younger elements of the celtic support i buy a poppy and put it on my jacket unlike your young rangers fan who plasters them on his scarf just to wind up the tims i agree that everyone has a right to there views and i respect that but i wouldn,t confront someone about it.

It's a rather childish view if they can't separate the rememberance and support of those who have physically fought in wars from those who make the decisions to go to war.

^^^correct^^^

but......

^^^in a nutshell^^^ :happy2:

I like this post from footymad "I think in General, supporters of the Old Firm's judgements on an issue like this are severely clouded & not to be taken very seriously. If you support Rangers you have to wear a Poppy & if you support Celtic you sing about sticking them up someone's *rse. The rest of us wonder what all the fuss is about...."

For what its worth i kinda agree with the piece in the guardian expressing that the poppy has been hijacked from a image of solemn rememberance and reflection on the tragedy of war, into a rallying cry for support for recent conflicts.

Theobald Wolfe Tone and Robert Emmett were of 'reformed' faiths. I once read that although a Roman Catholic, Daniel O'Connell was a Freemason. William of Orange was a mercenary employed by the Pope. Funny old game.

After a war in which thousands of Irish Catholics died, they went back to their 'land fit for heroes' and voted by a large majority for political parties that stood on a separatist/republican ticket. The government ignored the will of the people. Funny old game.

Why is it some people of "Irish" persuasion and I mean Irish in the loosest sense of the word 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation have such a huge chip on their shoulders about the UK and the British Armed forces when I work with loads of Indians, Pakistanis and Nigerians who couldn't give a toss and have a lot of respect for Britain despite all the nastiness that went with the British Empire. They can move on but some Irish just don't.

sheesh.

would like to say something about this but am writing an essay just now which is killer. just have to say though that since we sometimes like to characterise ourselves as an intellegent free thinking sorta fan base surely therefore we could do a little better in our critique of our east end brethern than straw men and other rhetorical ploys.

Correct me if Im wrong, but are you not the same person who wanted to invite these scumbags to firhill, misspelled banners and all?

Correct me if Im wrong, but are you not the same person who wanted to invite these scumbags to firhill, misspelled banners and all?

i made the case for starting ultras group within the thistle fan base. I never once said we should invite celtic supporters to support us. that would be a bizzare thing to ask indeed.

i suspect that because i tend to take a more nuanced look at all things old firm that such distortions of what i have said can arise.

Pure scum thats all those bheasts are.Would love to play them in the Scottish cup n do them at the piggery.Get one over that on lennon who remembers his behaviour at Firhill to a young andy gibson years ago..shocking.It would eclipse even winning the league at the end of the this season with a stunning come back a win at the place since l've only seen us take the lead(grady)n that pen shoot out

To many thistle fans are afraid to rip the tims cause there scared of being called bigots.Everyone kisses there arses even though there scum steal our fanbase and cheat us every time we play still fuming at petrovs dive :angry: .You'd be hard pushed to find a team in the uk who treats it's biggest rivals with such kid gloves as we do with That lot

It's not enough for us to beat them we have to destroy them rip them limb from limb.I want them crushed and then we can all live happily ever after with partick thistle rightfully crowned as the biggest team in glasgow.The world/mankind will manage just fine without the wretched institution that is shellick football club

Pure scum thats all those bheasts are.Would love to play them in the Scottish cup n do them at the piggery.Get one over that on lennon who remembers his behaviour at Firhill to a young andy gibson years ago..shocking.It would eclipse even winning the league at the end of the this season with a stunning come back a win at the place since l've only seen us take the lead(grady)n that pen shoot out

To many thistle fans are afraid to rip the tims cause there scared of being called bigots.Everyone kisses there arses even though there scum steal our fanbase and cheat us every time we play still fuming at petrovs dive :angry: .You'd be hard pushed to find a team in the uk who treats it's biggest rivals with such kid gloves as we do with That lot

It's not enough for us to beat them we have to destroy them rip them limb from limb.I want them crushed and then we can all live happily ever after with partick thistle rightfully crowned as the biggest team in glasgow.The world/mankind will manage just fine without the wretched institution that is shellick football club

Im certainly no afraid to rip into the tims LOL. Their vermin scum. End of.

Word-for-word translation?

(keep yer wig on I'm just kiddin) ;)