Tommy Ewing

lennythistle

what a great career!!! made me think about Neilly Duffy as I think he was capped as well. I spent many a lunchtime in Tommy's pub when I was a student at Bell College in Hamilton :thumbsup2:

another before my time as a jags supporter. My uncle loved Neilly duffy. My sister married a jags fan and they had a thistle themed wedding. All the tables were named after jags legends, we had some line up ourselves:

Top table - firhill

Alan archibald

Alan Rough

Dennis McQuade

Willie Sharp

John Lambie

Davie McParland

Jackie Husband

Chic Charnley

Neilly Duffy

Jimmy Davidson

Tommy Ewing

Jackie Campbell

Bobby Lawrie

Every table menu had the name of the legend on it and a bit about them, as well as the menu itself . As a gift to my sis and bro in law i arranged for Ami at the club to send the relevant menu to each surviving legend and they signed them for me, which i then gave to sis.

The firhill one was signed by all the board and backroom staff at the club. Also got a strip signed by the current squad.

Not sure bout my sis but the bro in law was delighted.

another before my time as a jags supporter. My uncle loved Neilly duffy. My sister married a jags fan and they had a thistle themed wedding. All the tables were named after jags legends, we had some line up ourselves:

Top table - firhill

Alan archibald

Alan Rough

Dennis McQuade

Willie Sharp

John Lambie

Davie McParland

Jackie Husband

Chic Charnley

Neilly Duffy

Jimmy Davidson

Tommy Ewing

Jackie Campbell

Bobby Lawrie

Every table menu had the name of the legend on it and a bit about them, as well as the menu itself . As a gift to my sis and bro in law i arranged for Ami at the club to send the relevant menu to each surviving legend and they signed them for me, which i then gave to sis.

The firhill one was signed by all the board and backroom staff at the club. Also got a strip signed by the current squad.

Not sure bout my sis but the bro in law was delighted.

:cheers:

tommy ewing

2 memories of tommy back in the sixties that always come to mind

first one

cant remember opposition at firhill but tommy took a severe head knock blood pouring down his face

went off, no subs in them days,down the tunnel with the doc

within couple of minutes back on, head covered in bandaging blood still streaming down his face played on till final whistle :thumbsup2:

other incident

playing rangers at firhill at new year time

drawing one each going into the last few minutes

joe hogan who was playing up front that day had scored our goal

we were all making our way to the exit at the bing end near the main stand

jags are awarded a penalty right in front of the jags support

joe hogan has the ball, tommy takes the ball off joe and puts the spot kick a good yard passed the right hand post

the air was blue that night and it wasn't the rangers fans

Still have fond memories of watching Tommy Ewing in my earliest days of following Thistle.

Well done Tommy.

Tommy had recently left for Villa when I first saw the Jags but I can remember the buzz of excitement when he returned. One of these daft if onlys I dream up would have been if Ewing and McBride had played in the 62/63 season together. We'd certainly have won the league but just how far we'd have got in the European Cup is open for debate (surely at least the semis?). :)

A crackin' addition :thumbsup2: .

Oh, and like another poster I remember his pub in Almada St well.