The Huddle..

Vom Itorium

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be saying this alot lately, but is it really that big a deal?

I've been part of a huddle before rugby games when I was in school. I've seen teams from various sports do it. Quite often in the last few seconds before a match the captain might have a few words of advice/motivation to share and this is the best way for everyone to hear it and get fired up.

We've booed other teams who have done it before a game, have we. I'm sure we've booed plenty of teams that haven't, we must be tims.

I wholeheartedly agree with every post that in almost forensic detail describes what a disgraceful afternoon yesterday was - at last people can express their opinions freely and without fear of recrimination. The 'huddle' was a shocker, the game was dreadful, the fans in the stand were reprehensible in their lack of support for the team through the medium of singing, the fans on the terracing were nothing short of barbarians and McCall didn't even have the decency to praise the fans for doing...err..whatever it was they haven't been doing recently.

I hope I haven't left anyone out...

Can we not just get over ourselves for once in a while? It's been a pretty sh*t few months, so it's nice to win a game....

(and just for the record, my 'prawn sandwich' comment was meant to be followed by some kind of ironic smiley thing...)

I wholeheartedly agree with every post that in almost forensic detail describes what a disgraceful afternoon yesterday was - at last people can express their opinions freely and without fear of recrimination. The 'huddle' was a shocker, the game was dreadful, the fans in the stand were reprehensible in their lack of support for the team through the medium of singing, the fans on the terracing were nothing short of barbarians and McCall didn't even have the decency to praise the fans for doing...err..whatever it was they haven't been doing recently.

I hope I haven't left anyone out...

Can we not just get over ourselves for once in a while? It's been a pretty sh*t few months, so it's nice to win a game....

(and just for the record, my 'prawn sandwich' comment was meant to be followed by some kind of ironic smiley thing...)

What, did we win yesterday ? ;)

OK, so The Cuddle's a winner, how about this...

The Club officially announce it as 'The Cuddle' by playing on our much-loathed Cuddly Toy image. They launch it at a home match by allowing the fans to turn up early to Firhill and join in with the players, staff and former legends in an attempt to create a new World Record for the largest group Cuddle. I dunno if such a record exists but the Largest Contra Line looks pretty similar and if there isn't such a Record we register to attempt it and get a Guiness World Record adjudicator along...

The Club could charge a fiver or something to participate and everyone gets a souvenir photograph or summat and they could make a few quid in the process. They could also get some special deals on in the Aitken Suite before hand and try and make a few quid from folk being at Firhill early.

Right, my drugs are now wearing off, I'll leave it with you... The Cuddle is here to stay!

Edited by Vom Itorium

Anything other than a huddle.

Wait till we do a huddle at a games where there is a big opposition support and listen to the ridicule we get. As I said before, I've seen Jags fans booing teams doint a huddle en-masse.

Disagree with you on this Mr Fussy, i do.

Point by point, I say:

For instance? Give some examples or suggestions.

Who cares? Especially if it fired up and united the Jags players even more.

See Twinny's post 6 above.

Jim Delahunt once attempted to cuddle Chunky Ian McCall in a fit of BEVVY induced PASSION but was unable to fit his beautifully toned arms round him. This inspired him to go on a diet as Jobby DEEPLY desires to feel Jim Delahunt's FULL embrace, but he does NOT seem to be making much progress as he is STILL a fat porker! The cuddle the players took part in on Saturday was OBVIOUSLY a PLEA for McCall to lose some bloody weight so Jim Delahunt's cuddle can provide him with some sorely needed TACTICAL knowledge!

Good to see Maxi tackling 'fan unrest' head on. I'm support his stance, wholeheartedly.

Actually now I come to think of it Maxi is spot on. It's not a rip off. There is no similarity in any way. You're right too Adam. I apologise for any insult or offence caused over this issue.

Thistle "cuddle"

Celtic "huddle"

You'd need to be right aff yer nut to see any similarity whatsoever.

Actually now I come to think of it Maxi is spot on. It's not a rip off. There is no similarity in any way. You're right too Adam. I apologise for any insult or offence caused over this issue.

Thistle "cuddle"

Celtic "huddle"

You'd need to be right aff yer nut to see any similarity whatsoever.

And your point is?

Spurs huddle

Liverpool huddle

I'm sure there are plenty of others but can't be bothered looking.

The daftest aspect of the entire debate, in my view, is the notion that "it worked" because we won on Saturday. Thistle have won thousands of matches without any cuddling or fuddling, and of course they will lose a match pretty soon in spite of the xuddle. There is nothing to suggest a cause-effect outcome last week, nor will there be in the future.

If the players like uddling each other before a match, then good luck to them; it's just another fad amongst footballers, like daft goal celebrations and fancy-coloured boots.

Jim Delahunt once attempted to cuddle Chunky Ian McCall in a fit of BEVVY induced PASSION but was unable to fit his beautifully toned arms round him. This inspired him to go on a diet as Jobby DEEPLY desires to feel Jim Delahunt's FULL embrace, but he does NOT seem to be making much progress as he is STILL a fat porker! The cuddle the players took part in on Saturday was OBVIOUSLY a PLEA for McCall to lose some bloody weight so Jim Delahunt's cuddle can provide him with some sorely needed TACTICAL knowledge!

I've missed you Jim. I know you've been busy with your new(ish) job on Clyde 1.