Its Snowing

KAWB

Anyone know how the M8 is, have friends driving up from Newcastle and I'll need to tell them to turn back if its not worth coming up for the sake of one gig.

its shut..just heard on radio scotland

and I'm Snowed in at work :( ...sleeping in the canteen the night i think :o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/glasgowandwestscotland/

Edited by Chicofan

No need to panic everyone. Scotland has over 240,000 tonnes of salt and grit sitting in depots across the country (quote courtesy of Ms Sturgeon).

Fat load of good it sitting in the depots, we need it on the roads and pavements...etc...etc...grumble...grumble...moan...moan

Feckin councils - hopeless.

took me 3 hrs to get from kelvinbridge to casa luca this afternoon ... roads were like a skating rink ... at least i managed to get home though unlike some others

... minus 8oC tonite and appparently the glesga cooncil want to open all schools tomorrow - absolute plamphs should be calling it off tonite instead of putting 60,000 kids and tens of thousands of cars on the network tomorrow :mad2:

... oh and btw I've got a gritting depot near the hoose and there's no been any sign all night of any gritters getting their salt mountains on the road.

Edited by gianlucatoni

This country is a fckn joke.i heard on the radio this morning the reason there was not more grit put on the roads was due to contract wrangles FFS :mad2:

Took me nearly 5 hours to get home form cumbernauld last night which usually takes 30 mins.and i was lucky the a80 heading northbound had a 10 mile tail back and that was at 9pm!

When i was dropped off last night i had a 2 mile walk home along nitshill road which was deserted due to the ice and snow on the road..cars abandoned everywhere....the funny or not so funny thing about this is that in South Nitshill is one of Glasgow's councils largest Grit storage depots....which you couldnt even drive into!!

Bus Info

Bad WeatherArea: Network-wide

Cause: Poor weather conditions

Responsibility: Weather conditions

Duration: Unknown

At present we are operating a skeleton service in the Glasgow area although additional services are currently being added to this.

The services operating in the Glasgow city area are as follows:

5 Croftfoot - City

9 City - Paisley Cross

9 Drumry - City

18 City - Cathkin

20 Drumry - City (Ingram St)

23 City - Peat Rd Roundabout

38 Riddrie - Argyle Street

38 Cowcaddens - Eastwood Toll

40 Shettleston - Cowcaddens

46 Shettleston - Rutherglen

54 City - Penilee

57 City, Renfrew Street - Spearsbridge

61 City - Acre Road

62 City, Union St - Baillieston

62 Faifley - Argyle Street

66 City, George Square - Clydebank

66 City, Renfrew Street - East Kilbride Bus Station

75 Croftfoot - Cowcaddens

119 Canniesburn - Buchanan Bus Station

We will operate these services as frequently as possible although the frequency will be no more than half hourly on each.

In Lanarkshire we are commencing the following services:

201 Airdrie - East Kilbride

226 Blantyre - Quarter Road end

255 Newarthill - Glasgow

267 Newmains - Glasgow

263 Hamilton - Glasgow

X1 Low Waters Road - Hamilton - Glasgow

X11 Newmains - Glasgow

No services are currently operating in Kirkintilloch.

In Cumbernauld there is a very limited express service (X80) between Cumbernauld High and Glasgow city centre (operating via Central Way, Seafar and North Carbrain Road).

Dumbarton are operating services 204, 206 locals, 215 locals all to an approximate 30 minute frequency.

We are planning to operate more services as we go through the day and the road conditions improve. Information will be posted to the website.

Train Info is unchanged from yesterday

Bus Info

Bad WeatherArea: Network-wide

Cause: Poor weather conditions

Responsibility: Weather conditions

Duration: Unknown

At present we are operating a skeleton service in the Glasgow area although additional services are currently being added to this.

The services operating in the Glasgow city area are as follows:

5 Croftfoot - City

9 City - Paisley Cross

9 Drumry - City

18 City - Cathkin

23 City - Peat Rd Roundabout

38 Cowcaddens - Eastwood Toll

40 Shettleston - Cowcaddens

46 Shettleston - Rutherglen

54 City - Penilee

57 City, Renfrew Street - Spearsbridge

61 City - Acre Road

62 City, Union St - Baillieston

66 City, George Square - Clydebank

66 City, Renfrew Street - East Kilbride Bus Station

75 Croftfoot - Cowcaddens

119 Canniesburn - Buchanan Bus Station

We will operate these services as frequently as possible although the frequency will be no more than half hourly on each.

In Lanarkshire we are commencing the following services:

226 Blantyre - Quarter Road end

255 Newarthill - Glasgow

267 Newmains - Glasgow

263 Hamilton - Glasgow

X1 Low Waters Road - Hamilton - Glasgow

X11 Newmains - Glasgow

No services are currently operating in Kirkintilloch.

In Cumbernauld there is a very limited express service (X80) between Cumbernauld High and Glasgow city centre (operating via Central Way, Seafar and North Carbrain Road).

Dumbarton are operating services 204, 206 locals, 215 locals all to an approximate 30 minute frequency.

We are planning to operate more services as we go through the day and the road conditions improve. Information will be posted to the website.

Train Info is unchanged from yesterday

Thanks for that Thomas, looks like a day in the house for me tomorrow...no chance I'm heading out to cumbernauld again until I am gauranteed getting home!

Was supposed to stay in Dunfermline after last Saturday's match. As it turned out, didn't get back home from dan saff until 9 pm, and game was off. Jaggernautess in her infinite wisdom changes the booking to tomorrow (Wednesday).

WTF??!! :blink: :blink:

I have no valid reason whatsoever to go to Dunfermline tomorrow, even if I could go there. Especially not to freeze my ass off in some poxy Fifeshire hotel.

:lol:

Anybody see Newnicht last night and one of the most stupid performances by an interviewer (Gordon Brewster) that I think I've ever seen? John Swinney apologized for everybody's inconvenience and gave a perfectly lucid and reasoned account of what happened on the M8: two lorries jacknifed and so blocked access, after which much more snow than anybody anticipated fell and froze, and with all the traffic jamming up, it simply got worse and worse. Nobody's fault (except maybe for everybody in a car or van who knew that conditions might be hazardous). A classic "act of God" if ever there was one, yet all the interviewer wanted was somebody to blame, demanding that the Transport Minister had to be sacked etc etc.

Terrible stuff.

Todays Bus diruptions/alterations

Glasgow City Area

5 Croftfoot Roundabout - City

9 City - Paisley Cross

9 Drumry - City

18 City - Greenhills, East Kilbride

23 City - Hillington Road South

38 Cowcaddens - Mearns Cross/Eastwood Toll

40 Shettleston - Clydebank (not serving Kirkoswald Drive or East Thomson Rd)

41 City - Edinburgh Road (at Wellhouse Road traffic lights)

45 City - Auchinairn Road

46 Shettleston - Rutherglen Police Station

54 City - Penilee

57 City, Renfrew Street - Speirsbridge Roundabout

61 Glasgow Zoo - Maryhill, Acre Road

62 City, Union St - Baillieston Main Street

66 City - Dalmuir West

66 City, Renfrew Street - East Kilbride town centre

75 Croftfoot Roundabout - Milton

119 Milngavie, Hunter Road - Buchanan Bus Station

213 City - Langmuir Road, Bargeddie

Lanarkshire

226 Burnbank - Low Waters Road, Hamilton

240 City Centre - Wishaw

241 Coltness - North Motherwell

242 Wishaw (Waterloo) - Larkhall via Law village

255 Newarthill - Glasgow

267 Newmains - Glasgow

263 Hamilton - Glasgow

X1 Low Waters Road, Hamilton - Glasgow

X11 Newmains - Glasgow

Kirkintilloch Area

27/A/B Kilsyth to Buchanan Bus Station operating on Hilton Road and Mavis Valley

88 Glasgow - Kirkintilloch (via Springburn Road and Balgrayhill Road)

X85 Whitefield, Lennoxtown - Glasgow

X87 Kirkintilloch - Glasgow

Cumbernauld Area

X2 Balloch - Glasgow (Operating from Buchanan Bus Station missing out Blackwood, Smithyston, Craigmarloch and Carrickstone.)

X3 Cumbernauld Town Centre - Glasgow

X4 Cumbernauld Town Centre - Glasgow

X5 Cumbernauld Town Centre - Glasgow

X80 Cumbernauld Town Centre - Glasgow

36 Stepps - Glasgow (not operating via Muirhead, Moodiesburn and Devro)

Dumbarton Area

In Dumbarton, services 204, 205, 215, 216, 204A, 215A, 206, 208 and 81 (terminating at Old Street) are all operating as close to their full routes as possible although some smaller roads remain impassable. Customers are advised to make their way to main roads.

Trains are as follows

Poor weather conditions are causing disruption throughout Scotland.

Trains are not running on the following routes, with no replacement buses running because of poor road conditions:

* Motherwell - Cumbernauld (other trains are available between Motherwell and Glasgow Central)

* Glasgow Central - Edinburgh via Shotts (other trains are available between Glasgow Queen Street and Edinburgh via Falkirk).

* Dalmuir - Bellgrove - Springburn (other trains are available between Dalmuir and Bellgrove)

* Milngavie - High Street (other trains are available between Westerton and High Street)

* Dalmuir - Larkhall (other trains are available between Dalmuir and Hamilton Central)

* Glasgow Queen Street - Anniesland via Maryhill (other trains are available between Glasgow and Anniesland via Partick)

* Glasgow Queen Street - Dunblane (other trains are available between Glasgow Queen Street and Perth via Dunblane)

* Glasgow Queen Street - Cumbernauld

* Glasgow Queen Street - Falkirk Grahamston

* Glasgow Central - Whifflet

* Glasgow Central - Cathcart (Cathcart Circle services)

* Edinburgh - Dunbar

* Edinburgh - Perth (the 06:39 Perth-Edinburgh train will run)

* Edinburgh - Dundee

* Edinburgh - Bathgate

* Edinburgh - Newcraighall

* Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh

* Inverness - Wick

An amended train service is running on the following routes:

* Glasgow Queen Street - Edinburgh via Falkirk: A half-hourly train service will run, departing from at 00 and 30 minutes past each hour from both Glasgow and Edinburgh.

* Glasgow Central - Gourock: Trains at 25 minutes past each hour from Glasgow and at 23 minutes past each hour from Gourock will not run. Other train services are running.

* Glasgow Central - Paisley Canal: An hourly train service will run, departing from Glasgow Central at 07 minutes past each hour, and from Paisley Canal at 30 minutes past each hour.

* Glasgow Central - Ardrossan Harbour: Trains will be suspended, except for trains which connect with ferry services (these are the trains from Glasgow Central at 08:34, 11:15, 14:15 and 16:50, and from Ardrossan Harbour at 09:39, 12:28, 15:28 and 18:00).

* Glasgow Queen Street - Aberdeen: A two hourly service will run (trains will call additionally at Dunblane).

* Edinburgh - Aberdeen: A two hourly service will run (trains will call additionally at: Inverkeithing, Kirkcaldy, Markinch, Ladybank, Cupars and Leuchars).