Ross County

GrantB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw absolutely no contact between Archie and the County player. Erskine was also denied a stonewaller and their number 2 should have walked for an elbow to Erskine's face.

Erskine MOTM and a clever move to create our goal executed very well. Scott made a couple of good saves otherwise a pretty grim match.

We were the better side (marginally) and a point is a reasonable return considering we spent 72 minutes of the game a man down.

My take on the penalty which was in front of me (allbeit far away with my pish eyesight) was that the cross game in, the County player made a balls up of his attempted shot and fell in the process, penalty was given. Archie was in the vacinity but he was just marking/tracking his man, he didn't foul him at all.

Erskine was also denied a stone wall penalty. He was then elbowed in the face, whilst it was on the blindside of the ref it was bloody obvious what had happened, he beat his man, had him for pace, was on his way to the bye line and collapses in a heap holding his face, what the hell did the ref think had happened? It was certinalty a foul and given he had sent off Archie and booked Roswer for nothing more than getting stuck in I can't believe nothing was done about it.

The ref all round was hopeless and I'm not usually one for giving them a tough time. What was going on when the linesman called him over and he went to the bench? Why did he stop play and run all the way to our keeper when from the looks of it nothing had happened only to return and give a drop ball. Why did he have prolonged conversations with 2 County players which resulted in no cards when Rowson was booked for sod all?

We deserved a point, 3 points for us wouldn't have been too much to ask.

Erskine was brilliant, his goal was an absolute screamer. He brings entertainment to a level of football renouned for being baws.

Then again county had 3 really good chances, well 2 really good chances and a cracking shot that was one of those ones you thought was going in the top bin.

After going a man and a goal down so early well done to the Jags for showing a bit of fight and getting back into the game. Erskine took his goal really well after a lovely quickly taken free kick by Sid. For the life of me i couldnt fathom out what their penalty was given for and for the red card also to be shown was nothing short of ridiculous. For the life of me i cant figure why our penalty wasnt given in 2nd half the defender had Erskine in a full nelson ffs. Last 10 mins or so was all County as the extra man began to tell we maybe rode our luck a little but in my eyes it was deserved. Fox had one great save a few comfortable ones. I thought Erskine Paton Kinniburgh and Balatoni were all excellent in fact all the players put the extra effort in that is required when a man down. Given the circumstances its a welcome and deserved point.

In the after match reaction bit of the official site , shame the manager chose to say that the players deserved a bigger crowd instead of thanking the ones who made the effort to turn out

Edited by Jaggyman

You need to ask Ubertoes :thinking:

Obviously it was because he's a witch :thumbsup2:

We had no idea why he was being booed either but we joined in as it was fun and he had a twatty haircut.

Anyway thought it was a point saved rather than two dropped.Can't fault the effort after going to ten men and some good performances from Kinniburgh,Erskine,Rowser and excellent handling from Fox throughout the match.

Some of the usual pish poor football we've seen all season but for some reason I quite enjoyed it today.

My take on the penalty which was in front of me (allbeit far away with my pish eyesight) was that the cross game in, the County player made a balls up of his attempted shot and fell in the process, penalty was given. Archie was in the vacinity but he was just marking/tracking his man, he didn't foul him at all.

Erskine was also denied a stone wall penalty. He was then elbowed in the face, whilst it was on the blindside of the ref it was bloody obvious what had happened, he beat his man, had him for pace, was on his way to the bye line and collapses in a heap holding his face, what the hell did the ref think had happened? It was certinalty a foul and given he had sent off Archie and booked Roswer for nothing more than getting stuck in I can't believe nothing was done about it.

The ref all round was hopeless and I'm not usually one for giving them a tough time. What was going on when the linesman called him over and he went to the bench? Why did he stop play and run all the way to our keeper when from the looks of it nothing had happened only to return and give a drop ball. Why did he have prolonged conversations with 2 County players which resulted in no cards when Rowson was booked for sod all?

We deserved a point, 3 points for us wouldn't have been too much to ask.

Erskine was brilliant, his goal was an absolute screamer. He brings entertainment to a level of football renouned for being baws.

Then again county had 3 really good chances, well 2 really good chances and a cracking shot that was one of those ones you thought was going in the top bin.

Could'nt have put it better myself. That ref though was a peace of scum imo

Good ol' Erskine. Fox was really good. Although the game was a bit ropey, it was arguably spoilt by yet another idiot of a referee. He should be punished severely for today's fiasco, and nothing will be done as usual. The SFA have blanked the referee's professions from their website so I can't check if he's a lawyer or not!

Good ol' Erskine. Fox was really good. Although the game was a bit ropey, it was arguably spoilt by yet another idiot of a referee. He should be punished severely for today's fiasco, and nothing will be done as usual. The SFA have blanked the referee's professions from their website so I can't check if he's a lawyer or not!

Have you been out of the country? :)

• Members

He's a Doctor!

We did quite well with 10 men. At half time I wasn't sure what I'd be happy to take from the game, as Ross County hadn't really offered too much IMO in the first half. Second half in particular the Ref gave us nothing and RC put many men behind the ball. I'm not Chris Erskine's biggest fan, but today he was brilliant. Fox looks like a great keeper, and much of our form that McCall talks about in his comments have coincided with him being between the sticks. Sadly, i doubt we have the cash to keep him.

Steven Pressly was around when I was selling calendars today - I'm pretty sure i know what he'd be thinking about the teams today. Anyway, thanks to those who bought calendars today.

Refs really can't expect no criticism when they give performances like today. He was shocking and his assistants did nothing to help him.

I took my girlfriend to her first jags game today, i am giving her an honorary post to mark the occassion...over to fiona...

I am not the most avid football fan BUT I though Thistle played well given they were a man down for most of the game (honestly I missed why we had a man sent off). However, they did seem to have concrete in their boots when it came to headers , and no support when the ball was passed forward! The goalie (Fox) earned his money today - many a good save made! Honestly seemed like Thistle had several poor ref decisions against them and consequently possibly lucky to have drawn and not lost! Would like to see Thistle start the game with fire in their belly!!

I guess one of the main positives today was we didn't fold when we went down 0-1. Regardless of whether it was a penalty or not we were on the back foot for the first quarter of an hour or so and the team most likely to score was unarguably County.

I thought thereafter the whole team dug in, played both well and sensibly. McCall for once got the substitutions spot on, Donnelly held the ball up well and Doolan was the right guy to bring on when Sid tired.

Today was primarily a team effort, no single player outstanding but all contributing considerably. Just a word tho' about Hodge. That's two games on the trot when he's got stuck in while ditching the wild mistimed tackles. He's still got a good bit of work to do on his decision making but I'm much more confident about him these days.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

We did quite well with 10 men. At half time I wasn't sure what I'd be happy to take from the game, as Ross County hadn't really offered too much IMO in the first half. Second half in particular the Ref gave us nothing and RC put many men behind the ball. I'm not Chris Erskine's biggest fan, but today he was brilliant. Fox looks like a great keeper, and much of our form that McCall talks about in his comments have coincided with him being between the sticks. Sadly, i doubt we have the cash to keep him.

Steven Pressly was around when I was selling calendars today - I'm pretty sure i know what he'd be thinking about the teams today. Anyway, thanks to those who bought calendars today.

Refs really can't expect no criticism when they give performances like today. He was shocking and his assistants did nothing to help him.

Did he buy one for his Christmas? ;)

McCall for once got the substitutions spot on, Donnelly held the ball up well and Doolan was the right guy to bring on when Sid tired.

I can see why Sid was left on, to hold the ball up and help keep possession. But Doolan is hopeless at holding ball up, thought Grehan would have been better at that stage. Yes, Doolan can run in behind etc, but a couple of times he had a chance and made an arse of it. Good honest player is Doolan, but a bit powderpuff at times.

I really thought that we were going to get hammered today; down to ten men and 1 - 0 down to a team that could pass the ball and keep possession better than we could. All credit to the team for their tenacity in coming back with a great, equalising goal and hanging on to the end for a 1 - 1 draw.

So the ref is a doctor, eh?

I certainly don't want him doing my next prostate examination.......

Edited by Milo

I took my girlfriend to her first jags game today, i am giving her an honorary post to mark the occassion...over to fiona...

I am not the most avid football fan BUT I though Thistle played well given they were a man down for most of the game (honestly I missed why we had a man sent off). However, they did seem to have concrete in their boots when it came to headers , and no support when the ball was passed forward! The goalie (Fox) earned his money today - many a good save made! Honestly seemed like Thistle had several poor ref decisions against them and consequently possibly lucky to have drawn and not lost! Would like to see Thistle start the game with fire in their belly!!

This is quite possibly the most curious post I've seen on a football website. :worshippy: