Just In.....

The Cuddly Toi

Falkirk have their players playing a bounce game to try and make a point to the ref that called the game off.

Maybe if they had their undersoil heating working properly, they wouldn't find themselves in this predicament.

I wonder what they would have said if one of their players suffered an injury caused by the pitch?

We were just about approaching the ground when we found out. From the images earlier on Sky TV, it looked like the local referee was being "accompanied" by a load of Falkirk officials, so it's easy to assume that a certain amount of pressure was applied to a referee who wasn't happy to allow the game to go ahead. The match referee was obviously not going to be swayed.

Just my personal opinion of course, but on the radio, the Falkirk GM seemed concerned only about the lost revenue from the hospitality guests, not the "ordinary" fans.

The police seem very fond these days of calling of fixtures due to spectator safety. I dread to think how bad the ice has to be for the police to call a game off as I navigated my way from Falkirk High down to a few hundred yards away from the stadium and pretty much every pavement was covered in thick ice.

Interesting comments from a Falkirk fan on their forum, seems to back up what our manager had to say.

"I got my triple layers on and was heading out the door at 2.15 when i heard the game was off. Headed down anyway to see the bounce game for a bit. Pitch looked ok from the stand but there were players slipping all over the place, especially far side at away end 18 yard box. After 45 mins, Pressley noticed this and went down to tell the ref (Bullen) to stop things early before there was an injury. Think the bounce game was a bit of a PR stunt but to be honest."

The police seem very fond these days of calling of fixtures due to spectator safety. I dread to think how bad the ice has to be for the police to call a game off as I navigated my way from Falkirk High down to a few hundred yards away from the stadium and pretty much every pavement was covered in thick ice.

Conditions round the stadium from the north side were just as bad.

I'm not one for conspiracy stuff but I was at the Parkhead Forge last Saturday around 1pm and the pavements etc were absolutely fine yet Celtic's game was called off days earlier. We since learned that the polis had nothing to do with that postponement. Lots of folk were on the phone ins confirming the near perfect surrounding conditions but nothing more has been said about that. I find that very strange.

Today conditions were ten times worse round whatever Falkirk call their stadium yet any postponement for those reasons was never considered. If that lot wasted money having an ineffective under soil heating system turned on then they're off their heads.

Kinda losing my train of thought (too much alcoholic sustenance no doubt) but I just can't see how if Celtic's game was called off so early that Falkirk could even have considered having their game on. We blame refs for inconsistency (another excellent example today between one decision at 11.45 and another two and a half hours later) but there seems to be no rhyme or reason in just when a game is called off.

Got the train at 2 o clock with the rest of us intending to see a game of football pre-Christmas hopefully with a Thistle win at the end of it. Walking down from Falkirk High some Bairns fans are telling us the game's off, and I'm like 'yeah, maybe' And it turns out they're RIGHT! What the f*ck is that about? I've got a day return ticket from Q St to Falkirk stations that's going out to Falkirk with a letter on Monday because I've just wasted a lot of time and some money getting up there for a football match that should have been called off at 11am. Sick of it - we gave a lot of bollocking to Thistle a few seasons ago for the Dunfermline debacle - THIS IS WORSE: a total shambles. Really pissed off at lazy administrative bullsh*t preventing me from seeing my team playing a game. Anti - football? where do you start?

Phuckin Pharce.

Falkirk Greetin Deflection Statement

Get your USH working properly you bampots.

What a waste of time, money and effort from all Jags fans today.

It is surely as simple as that. If their USH was working properly and it had been switched on early enough 100% of the playing surface would be deemed fit. You don't 90% defrost a chicken.

I've every sympathy with clubs with USH not switching it on for financial reasons. They weigh up the cost of running the USH against lost revenue for a postponement and make a commercial decision accordingly. That's OK in my book and we'd have known the game was off well in advance.

Falkirk FC=bampots

You don't 90% defrost a chicken.

Comment of the weekend Lady B. :thumbsup2:

Maybe, for next time, Falkirk could take a good long hard look at themselves and think, why is our USH only 90%effective. And maybe, not put a load of pressure on a local ref to say game on.

I'm raging about this even though I wouldn't have made the game as I thought it was a great chance to get 3 points and ram it up Pressley. I can only imagine how raging the Jags fans are that made it all the way to Falkirk today.

The only silver lining is it will have cost Falkirk a decent sum of money. Get it up them!!!

Comment of the weekend Lady B. :thumbsup2:

Maybe, for next time, Falkirk could take a good long hard look at themselves and think, why is our USH only 90%effective. And maybe, not put a load of pressure on a local ref to say game on.

I'm raging about this even though I wouldn't have made the game as I thought it was a great chance to get 3 points and ram it up Pressley. I can only imagine how raging the Jags fans are that made it all the way to Falkirk today.

The only silver lining is it will have cost Falkirk a decent sum of money. Get it up them!!!

Ok here is the reason..... The ush at falkirk is not a continous grid but made up of sections which have gaps between them hence 90% of the pitch is ok but these gaps are not this what McCall was alluding to, exactly the same thing caused the postponement if the falkirk v st johnstone game earlier in the yeaR and it will happen again ...so now you know !

Ok here is the reason..... The ush at falkirk is not a continous grid but made up of sections which have gaps between them hence 90% of the pitch is ok but these gaps are not this what McCall was alluding to, exactly the same thing caused the postponement if the falkirk v st johnstone game earlier in the yeaR and it will happen again ...so now you know !

If we have learned anything from this, is that our USH won't be turned on for the rest of the season. In the summer, we should rip up the pitch and get new USH in place. Sorry for all of the jags fans who travelled yesterday. I hope the rearranged fixture has halfed ticket prices.

So it is, in effect, useless!

Conditions round the stadium from the north side were just as bad.

I'm not one for conspiracy stuff but I was at the Parkhead Forge last Saturday around 1pm and the pavements etc were absolutely fine yet Celtic's game was called off days earlier. We since learned that the polis had nothing to do with that postponement. Lots of folk were on the phone ins confirming the near perfect surrounding conditions but nothing more has been said about that. I find that very strange.

Today conditions were ten times worse round whatever Falkirk call their stadium yet any postponement for those reasons was never considered. If that lot wasted money having an ineffective under soil heating system turned on then they're off their heads.

Kinda losing my train of thought (too much alcoholic sustenance no doubt) but I just can't see how if Celtic's game was called off so early that Falkirk could even have considered having their game on. We blame refs for inconsistency (another excellent example today between one decision at 11.45 and another two and a half hours later) but there seems to be no rhyme or reason in just when a game is called off.

Some of the paranoids believed that the game was really called off because the refs were refusing to offciate a game involving the Sellick :blink:

What a farce, only found out it was off after we got into a pub in Falkirk. Just got twatted for a few hours then came home. Wasn't even that cold I didnt think.

Went myself to the Behind The Wall, a favourite from Brockville days. There was a poster on the wall saying that, if you bought food or a drink in the BTW, you could use the free bus they run to Westfield. Might be useful for the future...