Why Is Association Football Played By 11-Player Teams?

sigesige00

Why is Association Football played by 11-player teams?

I am no historian of Football, but I think that the reason is that Cricket is played by 11-player teams.

In the early period of Football, there were many "Football and Cricket Clubs" and they played both.

I think that that is the reason Football is played by 11-player teams.

I think that 11 should be reduced to 10. By reducing the player number, there would be more attacking space and more spectacular goals.

I am no historian of Football, but I think that the reason is that Cricket is played by 11-player teams.

In the early period of Football, there were many "Football and Cricket Clubs" and they played both.

I always thought that it was 11-player teams because otherwise it would not be possible to play a 4-4-2 formation.

I think that 11 should be reduced to 10. By reducing the player number, there would be more attacking space and more spectacular goals.

Or you could just make the pitch bigger. :happy2:

100-130*50-100 yds

Even though your dimensions are preferred, they're not a must. Thinking about it though, you could technically have a square pitch.

"All pitches must be 105m*68m." is my opinion, not rule. Hearts' stadium does not meet the UEFA standards, so they play their European games at Murrayfield. Hearts must reform their stadium.

"All pitches must be 105m*68m." is my opinion, not rule. Hearts' stadium does not meet the UEFA standards, so they play their European games at Murrayfield. Hearts must reform their stadium.

Sigesige, you seem very sure on certain issues about Scottish football.

How is the shirt collection coming along ? Bet you don't have Dukla Pumpherston home top yet - you should try ordering one, it's a cracker.

How is the shirt collection coming along ? Bet you don't have Dukla Pumpherston home top yet - you should try ordering one, it's a cracker.

I heard about Dukla Pumpherston for the first time. However, I do not find their website.

Small clubs like Cove Rangers and Edinburgh City do not even answer my email.

Recently I bought Newcastle Falcons (Rugby Union), Samoa Rugby Union national team, Strum Graz, Budapest Honvéd, and Club Brugge.

I heard about Dukla Pumpherston for the first time. However, I do not find their website.

Small clubs like Cove Rangers and Edinburgh City do not even answer my email.

Recently I bought Newcastle Falcons (Rugby Union), Samoa Rugby Union national team, Strum Graz, Budapest Honvéd, and Club Brugge.

Wee tip: don't strum graz - smoke it instead. :thumbsup2:

If he's in deepest darkest Bellshill he's gone to pretty pointless lengths to make it look otherwise. Location cited as Kobe, Hyogo, Japan on the IP trail...

Piece of cake using an iP Hider like this where you can choose from Servers in a whole range of countries and thus make it look like you're anywhere in the world.

I'd say the guy's English is way too good to be from Bellshill. I'd guess Milngavie :thumbsup2:

If he's in deepest darkest Bellshill he's gone to pretty pointless lengths to make it look otherwise. Location cited as Kobe, Hyogo, Japan on the IP trail...

To paraphrase Karen Dunbar from her erstwhile peerless days in Chewin' the Fat - I smell sh*te!

Maybe the dodgy IP trail is the reason people don't answer his emails! :thumbsup2:

To paraphrase Karen Dunbar from her erstwhile peerless days in Chewin' the Fat - I smell sh*te!

Maybe the dodgy IP trail is the reason people don't answer his emails! :thumbsup2:

I thought he had applied to study for a PhD at an institute near London.

Maybe the "institute" is not an educational one.

11 was a round number in the pre-metric system when you had shillings, yards etc....... :thumbsup2: