Just In......

Clinically Depressed

Don't think much has been said if any about the gale. If we'd only gone in 1-0 up at half time, playing with that strong wind, I'd have been a bit concerned. Playing into that wind and scoring four into the bargain was some achievement.

Great to see the two youngsters not just scoring but also contributing. Been saying for ages those two are physically strong and there's very little of a risk factor in playing them.

Another thing that pleases me was that we're usually none too clever playing in windy conditions. Today we turned that into an advantage.

A major factor in my view as well. When Liam stepped up for his penalty, the wind was so strong I was dreading him deciding to blast it as I reckoned the wind would've sent it halfway to Coocaddens. Liam's starting to get his old confidence back, and the way he struck that kick showed it in spades.

A major factor in my view as well. When Liam stepped up for his penalty, the wind was so strong I was dreading him deciding to blast it as I reckoned the wind would've sent it halfway to Coocaddens. Liam's starting to get his old confidence back, and the way he struck that kick showed it in spades.

I thought he was going to miss it, to be honest. I should have more faith, but.... On a similar note, when Liam got substituted, he seemed to go off with a spring in his step, rather than with a weight on his shoulders. Genuinely good to see. Welcome back Liam - we've missed you! (but you've got a few young pretenders to deal with....)

Absolutely delighted with the performance and especially the result.

The movement in the final third was miles better than what we have witnessed this season. The team maintained the same level of performance of Tuesday which was great, very important at this stage of the season to keep the performance levels consistent. Wh ilst I agree Stirling were very poor, some of the movement today and willingness to take a man on will open other teams up - no doubt about it.

Regards to Buchanan: I have been critical of him this season and whilst it's nice to see him score 3 goals in 2 games, for me we need to see more of him to prove us wrong. However today and on Tuesday he is slowly getting fitter and looking more confident, which is crucial for us right now.

Fantastic to see the two youngsters score. Campbell took his goal superbly and I was glad the rebound from Fraser's shot fell to him.

A performance and scoreline you'd wish was witnessed by a bigger attendance but that's how things are at the moment. All we can can do is keep going every week (if we can) and support the Club, both on and off the park in what is a crucial second half of the season for us.

Two massive results and performances in a week, first time in a long time in my opinion, considering our predicament at the moment. We really needed that today. :thumbsup::clapping::wearethistle:

Agree with everything that's been said. Looking at the swirling wind and rain early on, the conditions reminded me of the 8-3 game v Motherwell a million years ago, and I mentioned to RDR at half time that I fancied a bag full of goals in the second half. How clever am I?

Anyway, I get the impression that McCall's recently had his head surgically removed from his botty. He now seems to be in touch with what's happening on the park. Absolutely brilliant to see the young boys getting involved and playing with such confidence - a big thumbs up to whoever is responsible for this.

A wee mention for the Binos' keeper who, despite the scoreline, had a crackin game.

Only real downer - the size of the crowd. Hopefully this wee run we're on and the (optimistically) anticipated destruction of pea-brain Pressley's plonkers will see the return of many of those who've found other things to do on Saturdays.

Monni Thistle.

Agreed about how good it was to see the young guys come on and do well.

I just can't agree with the "wisdom" that says you can't play youngsters because the fans will get on at them if they have a poor performance.

To my mind, the crowd appreciate that the lad is learning his trade and will quite readily understand and tolerate mistakes, so long as the boy is trying.

The other side of the coin, which we saw today, is that a youngster playing well in the big team will really enjoy himself (as will the crowd) and gain confidence quickly.

Keep the young'ns I say.

Also why would anyone want summer football when they can enjoy getting wet for 2 hours half way inside a modern stand?

OK - I've "took that too far". :rolleyes:

Great performance- though they had a few chances first half which could have been any score. Second half we could have had eight. For me the best thing was the great atmosphere (particularly in light of the small crowd)which has been missing at Firhill for some time.

I also loved the bloke in front of me going apoplectic at the referee after their consolation goal, either he had money on 6-0 or he needs to calm down.

Can't wait till Tuesday now

Great performance- though they had a few chances first half which could have been any score. Second half we could have had eight. For me the best thing was the great atmosphere (particularly in light of the small crowd)which has been missing at Firhill for some time.

I also loved the bloke in front of me going apoplectic at the referee after their consolation goal, either he had money on 6-0 or he needs to calm down.

Can't wait till Tuesday now

I was also more than a bit pissed off at that decision. Either it shows that I am losing my sense of humour or that Thistle maybe aren't the joke team that folk like to label us.

Edited by honved

Had a wee look through scores over the season, and that's the most goals Stirling have conceded in one match - a few 5 goal doings in there, but not 6. Also noticed that yesterday increased our goals For by 50% - from 12 to 18 in one go!

Someone said at the game that Stirling have now conceded something like 28 goals in the last 7 games... if that's not the form of a shoogley peg, I don't know what is.

It was men against boys out there, Stirling were utterly dreadful but we were really good and frankly should have won by more. Doolan and Buchanan played together like every Jags fan has hoped they would be able to for ages now. Flannigans strike was an absolute topper, have we scored a better one this season?

Great to see the young kids come on and get goals. The future is certainly looking bright in that regard.

But its not very professional for the stadium announcer to take the piss out the opposition, it wasn't particularly funny and must have pissed off the Stirling fans no end. Imagine we were on a doing like that at somewhere like Dundee or DUnfermline and that happened. It's not like we have any problems with Stirling at all so no need for it.

It was men against boys out there, Stirling were utterly dreadful but we were really good and frankly should have won by more. Doolan and Buchanan played together like every Jags fan has hoped they would be able to for ages now. Flannigans strike was an absolute topper, have we scored a better one this season?

Great to see the young kids come on and get goals. The future is certainly looking bright in that regard.

But its not very professional for the stadium announcer to take the piss out the opposition, it wasn't particularly funny and must have pissed off the Stirling fans no end. Imagine we were on a doing like that at somewhere like Dundee or DUnfermline and that happened. It's not like we have any problems with Stirling at all so no need for it.

I like the stadium announcer banter stuff, even when it's turned on us like the predictable "pink" playlist at Airdrie a few seasons back. I also liked Paisley Panda a few seasons ago, holding up a notice saying "good luck in your exams". It's not as if he said anything rude yesterday and I doubt any sensible Albion fan would have been offended, although there is a guy on PnB who probably was.

Completely agree with you. He should not be having a go at any opposition teams for all we know it coul dlead to away fans boycotting and the reality is that we need every fan home or away at Firhill due to our finances.

Also thought he had a go before at either Ross County or Inverness travelling support again we dont really need a PTFC offical publicly having a go like that.

Completely agree with you. He should not be having a go at any opposition teams for all we know it coul dlead to away fans boycotting and the reality is that we need every fan home or away at Firhill due to our finances.

Also thought he had a go before at either Ross County or Inverness travelling support again we dont really need a PTFC offical publicly having a go like that.

Och it was just a bit of banter and imo was more to do with Fox getting the MOTM against Raith when he had very little to do.

For the first time in a while I'm optimistic about the direction of the club, and credit to McCall for turning it around till this point. Cast back to mid September and we were an utter shambles on the park and the Ship headed by the regime off the park was sailing right for an iceberg.

Very encouraged by the young players coming through, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself. They'll need time, Fraser for example is only 17, and it is ridiculously early in my opinion to draw conclusions about him just now. Remember Graeme Eagleshams debut and what became of him?

Also very encouraged by the ability to offer Scott Fox a 2 and a half year full-time contract. Surely that would be a sign of the clubs financial state improving? I've missed a lot of games due to work lately, but from what I've seen and heard, he does all the basics right and gives the defence in front of him a lot more confidence than Halliwell and even Tuffey on quite a few occasions did. Still I'll crucify him if he ever makes an error. :P

Looking forward to Tuesday, we're on a high just now and their confidence must be shot, definitely capable of a win. Also another great chance to get a win next Saturday too, to push on in the league.

Och it was just a bit of banter and imo was more to do with Fox getting the MOTM against Raith when he had very little to do.

Aye, that was my take on it as well. Plus, the irony of giving the goalie MOTM when the team had gone out and scored 6 goals. I think those were the reasons behind the joke rather than an attempt to take the piss out of Stirling.