Liam Told To Find A New Club

jonboy

Yes Only on this occasion this rumour happens to be fact!

Is this the actual definition of the word 'fact' or the internet one, because unless something has changed in the last 11 days I'm going to stick with a direct quote from McCall to The Glaswegian...

Liam has not been told he is free to find a new club. That is absolute rubbish.

Perhaps his upturn in form is down to him being aware he is to find a club who want him to play for them. If he scores a couple more by the end of January then I imagine Dunfermline will be signing him, assuming McCall (or the board) do in fact want shot of him.

Good luck to him but as said on another thread if you gave me choice between keeping one of Doolan and Buchanan, it's Doolan for me everytime! His link up play and tracking back as well as goals return is better option than playing Liam. He showed again tonight in the last couple of minutes that he's like a cat in the heqadlights in front of goal. All he had to do was roll that ball 5/6 yards across to Erskine for a tap in and couldn't do that either.

Good luck wherever you end up Liam.

Good luck to him but as said on another thread if you gave me choice between keeping one of Doolan and Buchanan, it's Doolan for me everytime! His link up play and tracking back as well as goals return is better option than playing Liam. He showed again tonight in the last couple of minutes that he's like a cat in the heqadlights in front of goal. All he had to do was roll that ball 5/6 yards across to Erskine for a tap in and couldn't do that either.

Good luck wherever you end up Liam.

Agreed thought buckie was guilty of hesitating a few times tonite think he needs to move on.

Is this the actual definition of the word 'fact' or the internet one, because unless something has changed in the last 11 days I'm going to stick with a direct quote from McCall to The Glaswegian...

I remember McCall telling the press Harkins wasn't going anywhere when Dundee were first mentioned.

Buchanan out, Fox and Hardie in.

Buchanan out, Fox and Hardie in.

I was hoping with getting through to the next round and getting us some money that we would be able to have all 3 players here.

We may need Liams goals along with Doolans to get us out the relegation zone.

If he did leave would rather it was to a team like St Mirren rather than Dunfermline where he have a higher likelihood of him scoring against us.

Hope he doesnt leave.

I was hoping with getting through to the next round and getting us some money that we would be able to have all 3 players here.

We may need Liams goals along with Doolans to get us out the relegation zone.

If he did leave would rather it was to a team like St Mirren rather than Dunfermline where he have a higher likelihood of him scoring against us.

Hope he doesnt leave.

Relegation zone?? We're 5th!

You must - despite my best efforts - have missed the references to a shortfall totaling tens of thousands of pounds.

We're in the financial sh*t. We have to move players out before any come in and even then I'm wondering how we can manage it.

I wouldn't let Liam's little run of form fool you either, TL. Fair doos, he ran himself into the ground last night, but I maintain he's largely a spent force at this level.

You must - despite my best efforts - have missed the references to a shortfall totaling tens of thousands of pounds.

We're in the financial sh*t. We have to move players out before any come in and even then I'm wondering how we can manage it.

I wouldn't let Liam's little run of form fool you either, TL. Fair doos, he ran himself into the ground last night, but I maintain he's largely a spent force at this level.

I reluctantly agree with this (although I doubt Buchanan is a spent force at this level...he is at Thistle), money made from the Scottish Cup will be used to help plug the shortfall gap and this season the main priority is financial prudence. IF David Beattie is right, and assuming we get the required £100k, next season will be a whole lot brighter.

Given the money Buchanan is on (and McCall said himself that Liam was the only player in the squad on a reasonably high wage) and the fact we need Fox (what an asset if we get him tied down on a contract til 2013), with Hardie to come in as a replacement, I'd say ta-ta Liam...such a shame!

Edited by Steven H

I've no idea what this is based on but McCall has been saying since the start of the season that if we consolidate our position in the 1st this season, things will be looking a lot brighter next year.

Whether this means new investment coming in or just the experience the younger players have gained, I dont know.