Liam Told To Find A New Club

jonboy

I've no idea what this is based on but McCall has been saying since the start of the season that if we consolidate our position in the 1st this season, things will be looking a lot brighter next year.

Whether this means new investment coming in or just the experience the younger players have gained, I dont know.

Be a good question to ask tonight, if someone is looking on here while at the meeting.

If he's right about what? I'm not getting it, sorry.

It would appear Ive been putting McCall and Beattie's words together, either way next season is where we see the benefit of any savings/extra income from this season.

Beattie speaks of savings in 6 figures, discloses the £50k sponsorship deal Billy Allan worked on and highlights an initiative where fans can get involved at all levels (share's thing? Probably!).

A wee extended run in the Cup, reduced interest payments to the bank and increased fundraising from the fans (probably) and things will look brighter. Not saying we'll be out of the woods, far from it, but the tree's seem to be getting thinner.

It would appear Ive been putting McCall and Beattie's words together, either way next season is where we see the benefit of any savings/extra income from this season.

Beattie speaks of savings in 6 figures, discloses the £50k sponsorship deal Billy Allan worked on and highlights an initiative where fans can get involved at all levels (share's thing? Probably!).

A wee extended run in the Cup, reduced interest payments to the bank and increased fundraising from the fans (probably) and things will look brighter. Not saying we'll be out of the woods, far from it, but the tree's seem to be getting thinner.

Our recent home crowds have been poor and the cup run will only repair the damage.

I reluctantly agree with this (although I doubt Buchanan is a spent force at this level...he is at Thistle), money made from the Scottish Cup will be used to help plug the shortfall gap and this season the main priority is financial prudence. IF David Beattie is right, and assuming we get the required £100k, next season will be a whole lot brighter.

Given the money Buchanan is on (and McCall said himself that Liam was the only player in the squad on a reasonably high wage) and the fact we need Fox (what an asset if we get him tied down on a contract til 2013), with Hardie to come in as a replacement, I'd say ta-ta Liam...such a shame!

Just in from tonights function. Can confirm that Liam will be away within the next 7 days, could be sooner. 3 clubs interested in him. We have a replacement in mind.

Any word of a transfer fee (he asks in hope)?

I mentioned £30 k to which McCall remarked it would be no where near £30k. He only has 4 months of his contract left and , as we all know, he is one if not the highest earner. I asked if Dunfermline was where he was going and was advised they were one of the clubs interested. Think we probably all expect it to be them.

I mentioned £30 k to which McCall remarked it would be no where near £30k. He only has 4 months of his contract left and , as we all know, he is one if not the highest earner. I asked if Dunfermline was where he was going and was advised they were one of the clubs interested. Think we probably all expect it to be them.

Was thinkin more £10k, or even the £20 we paid for him. either way, not news that surprises me.

Was thinkin more £10k, or even the £20 we paid for him. either way, not news that surprises me.

Think we may well end up with £10k.

Again both Beattie and McCall stressed how important getting fox on a deal is to the club and they are hopeful there will be goon news on that front ine next couple of weeks. McCall mentioned getting Jamie Campbell out on loan once Bannigan returns. also stressed he wants no pressure put on the youngsters at the club and will continue to nurture their progress. He made reference to the work and coaching skills of Maxy and Ian Cameron on that front and the work that Gerry does with regards the youth set up.

Martin Hardie got a mention and work being done regards that as McCall would love him back at he club. Fox, however, as we all know is the number one priority.

Wherever Liam goes, I hope it is not to somewhere that is liable to come back and haunt us.

Again, it sticks in my craw that a club millions and millions in debt can be paying a transfer fee for a player. Grrrr!

He will, cos he'll score goals. we just need to accept it. The problem with Liam is his goals per chance ratio is pretty poor (especially his one on ones as we all know) & with the amount of chances we create it's not good enough

Wherever Liam goes, I hope it is not to somewhere that is liable to come back and haunt us.

Again, it sticks in my craw that a club millions and millions in debt can be paying a transfer fee for a player. Grrrr!

Completely agree with you mate. Unfortunately Dunfermlines debt seems to be owed to millionaire supporters while ours is owed to the bank. Hope its St Mirren that Buchanan goes to rather than the pars.

I think Liam is now struggling for pace. I felt as he regained fitness he'd pick up a bit more speed but there's no evidence to suggest that's going to ever happen. Even if his sharpness and goal scoring touch returns he's going to be that split second late in getting to the ball.

Even so Buchanan will score against us but maybe not too regularly. If the two clubs after him are St Mirren & Dunfermline then it's fairly likely he'll be in an SPL squad next season (I reckon Pars will win our league and St Mirren will avoid the drop). I can see Liam having limited success in the SPL, no more than that.

Very sad that we have sold him to a rival Div 1 club. Particularly one so much in debt (regardless of who the debt is too) It's also a pity that we couldn't have held off on this deal until after we play them on the 29th.

Can't say I'm too impressed with the idea of him being replaced by an SPL loanee given our record with loan signings.