Youth Development Competition

Fawlty Towers

You will remember a couple of seasons ago that Partick Thistle won a text competition run by Irn-Bru which saw us win £7,000 towards youth development. Irn-Bru are now running a competition which could see us win £10,000 towards this vitally important area if we collect the most bottle caps!

Given the importance of this area to our club and the fact that we can already see,through the likes of MacBeth, Bannigan, Fraser & Campbell, that our system is producing good results at the moment with its limited resources then £10,000 would be very welcome.

A link is attached and for those of you who do that sort of thing I would be very grateful if you could post it on Facebook pages, twitter, etc.

I will contact the Club (although I am sure that they will be aware of it) and hopefully we can make a big push on this and win the top prize again! I am now away to buy some Irn-Bru bottles (and book an appointment with the dentist).

http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/tfyt/

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there going to be somewhere at Firhill you can drop in the bottle tops? There'll be plenty of fans who want to get involved who live nowhere near the 2 drop off points and are only in the area when we play at home.

I'm afraid I can't help much, I must be the only Scottish person who doesn't drink Irn Bru. :blush:

Is there going to be somewhere at Firhill you can drop in the bottle tops? There'll be plenty of fans who want to get involved who live nowhere near the 2 drop off points and are only in the area when we play at home.

I'm afraid I can't help much, I must be the only Scottish person who doesn't drink Irn Bru. :blush:

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/february_2011/tops_for_youth_teams

Me too. Wish there was another way to help other than buying Irn Bru and pouring it down the sink.

[/quote

Hey folks, great to see this already linked to the forum.

Bottle tops can be handed into Firhill office during office hours or we will be contacting local businesses, community centre etc tmro and giving them thistle bottle bins so you can also drop outside of ground.

We will have details of all drop off points on club website when confirmed.

The Club were delighted about this when approached last month as we know we have a great chance of winning this with you guys!!!

I've got flyers and posters please drops an email [email protected] if you want any for your local shops- we'll have them up around maryhill and west end asap!!

Any tops from diet or full fat bru count- wee bottles, 500mls or 2lt!

Thanks and get drinking :-)

Doesn't stop one from collecting them from friends, relations,workmates, etc.

Just to confirm that it is any plastic bottle caps from Barr's drinks (irn-bru, diet irn-bru, etc).

On checking the competition website the pick up points away from the stadium are:

Cadder Supermarket in Skirsa St & News Depot (1522 Maryhill Rd)

Is this pick up point that helps Partick Thistle or is it just one thats a general one?

With the working week just a few hours away :thumbdown: just a reminder to keep the plastic bottle tops from the irn-bru bottles you have on the way to work, at your desk, on your way home or that you can beg, borrow or steal from your friends/colleagues.

As there will be buses running to the game on Tuesday can those travelling on them please keep their bottle tops to bring to the Falkirk game (I am sure that it will just be soft drinks that are consumed).

Anyone with Jags fan kids remember and tell them to get all the bottle tops they can from their wee pals at school.

Also it may be worth folk keeping an eye out for any good deals on Irn Bru anywhere and posting it on the forum so people can snap up some cheap Bru and get the tops.

Good ideas! Tesco had 500ml bottles on special offer: £1 per bottle but 2 for £1.80 :thumbsup2:

What I've been doing is, instead of buying a 2L bottle of Diet Bru, I'm buying the 6 packs of Wee Bru's. Same amount of juice (well, nearly) but 5 extra caps.

What have I become? :unsure:

Toothless and/or diabetic! Great effort and hopefully you will be someone who has contributed to the Jags winning this competition.

What I've been doing is, instead of buying a 2L bottle of Diet Bru, I'm buying the 6 packs of Wee Bru's. Same amount of juice (well, nearly) but 5 extra caps.

What have I become? :unsure:

I've been wanting to do the same but you don't seem to get wee bru down here any more, at least not anywhere I go. Collected 7 in the past few days and I'm recruiting friends to collect for me too :)