Youth Development Competition

Fawlty Towers

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems they are having trouble getting totals for all the clubs, how were they thinking of obtaining these totals? Surely they could just weigh 100 tops and from then on use that as a means of telling how many hundred each club have collected? It wouldn't be exact but that wouldn't be too big an issue. I have noticed though, that Irn Bru caps I get from bottles down here are smaller than the ones I get in Glasgow.

http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/tfyt/

After the most recent count we are sitting in 7th place which would get £3,500 for the club. We have 4 out of our last 6 games at home and the Irn-Bru bus is visiting Firhill on the last day of the season so a big push between now and then could see us move up a few places and given the importance of youth development to our club this is something we would really benefit from!

http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/tfyt/

After the most recent count we are sitting in 7th place which would get £3,500 for the club. We have 4 out of our last 6 games at home and the Irn-Bru bus is visiting Firhill on the last day of the season so a big push between now and then could see us move up a few places and given the importance of youth development to our club this is something we would really benefit from!

Very disappointing so far. I can't help but think that if this whole thing had been pushed better by the club or even the AFKA the Jags Trust then we would be looking at a far better sum of money for the Youth Development.

Very disappointing so far. I can't help but think that if this whole thing had been pushed better by the club or even the AFKA the Jags Trust then we would be looking at a far better sum of money for the Youth Development.

I agree.

The fact that Stenhousemuir are beating us by 5000 speaks volumes.

A bit embarrassing how low we are considering our club is based in Glasgow - Irn-Bru city.

Why hasn't there been bins placed at the likes of Tesco in Maryhill, Asda in Summerston, the Bingo along from Balmore Road, the Morrisons in Anniesland, etc? The fact there have been no bins placed at the Uni is a joke; the majority of vending machines (in the buildings I used to frequent anyway) sometimes only sold Irn-Bru and nothing else apart from that shitey Vitamin Water, which is basically a quid's worth of diluting juice.

I mean, currently, the drop off points are Maryhill Community Centre (fair enough), the Firhill Complex (again, fair enough) and Cadder Supermarket (some shitehole shop in the middle of a scheme?).

Someone suggested selling wee bottles of Irn-Bru in the Aitken Suite; why not?

Does seem that there could have been much more effort put into this. We might not have beaten Morton (who I have suspicions have been pilfering Barr's factory's at the dead of night) but we would have been in with a far better chance than we are now.

Edited by Armand2

Why hasn't there been bins placed at the likes of Tesco in Maryhill, Asda in Summerston, the Bingo along from Balmore Road, the Morrisons in Anniesland, etc? The fact there have been no bins placed at the Uni is a joke; the majority of vending machines (in the buildings I used to frequent anyway) sometimes only sold Irn-Bru and nothing else apart from that shitey Vitamin Water, which is basically a quid's worth of diluting juice.

I mean, currently, the drop off points are Maryhill Community Centre (fair enough), the Firhill Complex (again, fair enough) and Cadder Supermarket (some shitehole shop in the middle of a scheme?).

Someone suggested selling wee bottles of Irn-Bru in the Aitken Suite; why not?

Does seem that there could have been much more effort put into this. We might not have beaten Morton (who I have suspicions have been pilfering Barr's factory's at the dead of night) but we would have been in with a far better chance than we are now.

It's quite easy to come up in hindsight with ideas that might have boosted the score. I do wonder how some of the teams above us have handled the whole thing.

It's remarkable that when it came to simply sending in texts on your mobile phone we came out tops (excuse the pun), but when it comes to collecting fizzy drink tops as far as we're concerned it's not even a close call (again, no pun intended).

It's quite easy to come up in hindsight with ideas that might have boosted the score. I do wonder how some of the teams above us have handled the whole thing.

It's remarkable that when it came to simply sending in texts on your mobile phone we came out tops (excuse the pun), but when it comes to collecting fizzy drink tops as far as we're concerned it's not even a close call (again, no pun intended).

True, but it's hardly thinking outside the box to place bins in local "landmarks". As far as I know, it doesn't cost us any money so there is really no reason as to why we have so few bins in such a vast area and why the ones we do have (or, more accurately, a quarter of them) are strategically placed in the middle of nowhere.

Hindsight doesn't come in to it, it's common sense, & you only have to look on the forum to see various ideas that were put forward. In any event, a couple of locations that fans came up with should be as an extra, the club should have done more to get the bins out there within a week of the competition starting. They still can, but time is running out. Maybe they did & were knocked back by all the places, but I doubt that very much.

Very frustrating.

By using their initiative. Something those in charge of our club has failed to do.

The BoD and manager go on and on about how the budget will be cut yet again. We'll here was a free £10,000 up for grabs. £10,000 that would have paid for our youth teams, for a whole season, maybe even two. The planned money set aside for that could have then been given to the manager's budget to help attract better players.

The Club was faced with opportunity of winning £10,000 and all they had to do was think outside the box and show a desire to win it. From the outset it seems to me they've just left it up to the fans. When in all likelihood it'll be the fans, again the Bod look to to continually to help plug these cash gaps.

We're 7th currently and £3500 is still a fair whack for our youth development so well done everyone who has chipped in so far. I'm not meaning to be a killjoy, but if I'm being honest I'm pretty pissed off at how the Club has managed this competition.

We should be in the top 3, minimum but that's looking highly unlikely. A massive opportunity lost here.

We shouldn't just be blaming the Club for this. Where have the Jags Trust been in any of this? This was an ideal opportunity for them to get into the limelight and we've heard nada other than to promote their ever so dull elections.

The apathy shown to this competition and the chance of free money for the club says it all to me about where we are at.

To be fair to the Jags Trust when this was first launched I contacted the secretary asking for something to go on their website and within a couple of hours it was done. Also they have been promoting it on their page in the matchday programme, could they have taken it on as a cause - possibly but rather than criticise them for what they have not done I would prefer to thank them for what they have done.

Could the club have done more? Possibly but remember that there are not a lot of people actually employed by the club and those that are have numerous tasks to carry out, in my dealings with the club they have been as helpful as they could possibly be.

Anyway, we are were we are and if we are going to move further up the table then it simply comes down to as many of us as possible putting as many tops in the collection bins available as possible between now and the 7th of May. I can see from this thread that there are lots of people who are very passionate about youth development at the club and if we can work together for one big final push then who knows were that will take us!