Scotland V Brazil

Peter McLindu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone in their right mind pay to go to London to watch a team managed by Levein play Brazil?

If he played 4-6-0 in Prague, what is he going to do against the greatest footballing nation on the planet....

I love my country as much as the next man but until we rid ourselves of this embarassment, we will never amount to anything. Don't let results against the footballing might of the Faroes and Northern Ireland fool anyone.

Levein GTF!!!

You called me a Unionist earlier in the thread! You constantly tangle yourself up in your own stupidity and contradict yourself.

You lose.

I think not you imbecile.

As Alx says - and is also my experience - most smellik fans are republicans vis-a-vis Ireland and their sympathies with paramilitary organisations but vote labour or tory or lib dem over here (ergo a unionist) - thought you might be clever enough to absorb it but patently not.

Given that the SNP would undoubtedly be classified by you as purveyors of shortbread and heather and of the same ilk as your hated Tartan Army I think it unlikely your political affiliation would be with them - especially now wee Alex Salmond has had your bhoys in for a slap on the wrist and will soon be closing your bigoted forums down. So we can all look forward to seeing more of you over here then on this forum spouting your usual tripe.

For the record I have yet to see you decry the old firm in true Thistle style - go on stronach ... type the letters FTOF and FTCFC just for me - let's see where your true affinities lie.

Why would anyone in their right mind pay to go to London to watch a team managed by Levein play Brazil?

I have to admit to previously getting a bit alarmed about Levein.

On the plus side... the squad are quite good, we've got a party of seven going to the game (no OF fans), I've got somewhere to crash not too far from the game, and my mates local is ran by on old goth with hundreds of downloaded CDs linked up to his juke box... who usually does lock-ins to boot.

.... hopefully the score doesn't get scary mind you.

If he played 4-6-0 in Prague, what is he going to do against the greatest footballing nation on the planet....

I love my country as much as the next man but until we rid ourselves of this embarassment, we will never amount to anything. Don't let results against the footballing might of the Faroes and Northern Ireland fool anyone.

Levein GTF!!!

I'm going because i support Scotland, not Craig Levein.

I'm guessing that he'll play a 4-2-3-1 the same formation he played against Spain, the World and European champions and the greatest footballing team on the planet at the moment (internationally anyway) :thumbsup2:

Don't let one formation in one game fool you :thumbsup2:

I think not you imbecile.

As Alx says - and is also my experience - most smellik fans are republicans vis-a-vis Ireland and their sympathies with paramilitary organisations but vote labour or tory or lib dem over here (ergo a unionist) - thought you might be clever enough to absorb it but patently not.

Given that the SNP would undoubtedly be classified by you as purveyors of shortbread and heather and of the same ilk as your hated Tartan Army I think it unlikely your political affiliation would be with them - especially now wee Alex Salmond has had your bhoys in for a slap on the wrist and will soon be closing your bigoted forums down. So we can all look forward to seeing more of you over here then on this forum spouting your usual tripe.

For the record I have yet to see you decry the old firm in true Thistle style - go on stronach ... type the letters FTOF and FTCFC just for me - let's see where your true affinities lie.

Well I don't know what Celtic fans you speak to, but in my experience Celtic supporters tend to vote SNP. Most Celtic fans I know are strongly in favour of an independant Scotland or are just not interested in Scottish or British politics at all.

You know absolutely nothing about me, so you are in no position to speculate on my political leanings. For what it's worth, you're so far off the mark it's unbelievable. My politcal views are the complete opposite of what you have suggested. Also, my hatred for the Tartan Army is in no way politically motivated. I have already expressed my reasons for hating them and it's purely related to their behaviour.

If you doubt my hatred for the Old Firm, have a look at page four of the "Old Firm" thread you fool.

Once again, you've made a rip roaring arse of yourself on here. I won't drag this thread any further off topic, so if you wish to tangle yourself up any further, contradict yourself, sterotype me and generally spout more ignorant drivel, feel free to PM me.

I'm going because i support Scotland, not Craig Levein.

I'm guessing that he'll play a 4-2-3-1 the same formation he played against Spain, the World and European champions and the greatest footballing team on the planet at the moment (internationally anyway) :thumbsup2:

Don't let one formation in one game fool you :thumbsup2:

I'm not letting one game fool me. I'm basing my opinions on the whole of the qualifying campaign. Drawing 0-0 away to a terrible Lithuania team, having to rely on a 96th minute winner against the footballing giants from Liechtenstein before we even get to the infamous game in Prague.

The guy makes me embarassed to be Scottish and I will not ever pay to watch Scotland while he is in charge.

Well I don't know what Celtic fans you speak to, but in my experience Celtic supporters tend to vote SNP. Most Celtic fans I know are strongly in favour of an independant Scotland or are just not interested in Scottish or British politics at all.

You know absolutely nothing about me, so you are in no position to speculate on my political leanings. For what it's worth, you're so far off the mark it's unbelievable. My politcal views are the complete opposite of what you have suggested. Also, my hatred for the Tartan Army is in no way politically motivated. I have already expressed my reasons for hating them and it's purely related to their behaviour.

If you doubt my hatred for the Old Firm, have a look at page four of the "Old Firm" thread you fool.

Once again, you've made a rip roaring arse of yourself on here. I won't drag this thread any further off topic, so if you wish to tangle yourself up any further, contradict yourself, sterotype me and generally spout more ignorant drivel, feel free to PM me.

paragraph 1 - utter bolox and you know it

paragraph 2 - oooh they wear kilts and drink beer so i hate them - what a total knob u are

paragraph 3 - still no typed it though have ye ya fud

paragraph 4 - further off thread than you dragged it initially you twat

never mind the PM *****baws - let me know if you're playing in the fun day so I can half you in two flamini style - might be worth getting a red card by corky the ref!

paragraph 1 - utter bolox and you know it

paragraph 2 - oooh they wear kilts and drink beer so i hate them - what a total knob u are

paragraph 3 - still no typed it though have ye ya fud

paragraph 4 - further off thread than you dragged it initially you twat

never mind the PM *****baws - let me know if you're playing in the fun day so I can half you in two flamini style - might be worth getting a red card by corky the ref!

Big bite there...... Tom Stronach has nothing but contempt for the old firm... We taught him well.FYI he has been a regular at Firhill For maybe 20 years (1st game was the 6-3 demolition of Scumdee)

Love to see you attempt to carry out any of your idle threats, I'm sure you would fail magnificently...

Anyhoo I also share utter contempt for the Tartan tartans, having lived in Battlefield and having to endure the manky teuchters pissing against my front door, baring their genitals and trying to kick motor vehicles who dare to interupt them wandering about in the middle of the road...

I'm not letting one game fool me. I'm basing my opinions on the whole of the qualifying campaign. Drawing 0-0 away to a terrible Lithuania team, having to rely on a 96th minute winner against the footballing giants from Liechtenstein before we even get to the infamous game in Prague.

The guy makes me embarassed to be Scottish and I will not ever pay to watch Scotland while he is in charge.

To date the qualifying campaign hasn't been brilliant but i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. He has admitted that he underestimated the ability of the players and seems to be allowing them to express themselves.

Since HT in the Spain game i think we're heading in the right direction. Ok wins against the faroes and a depleted NI team don't mean we're world beaters but we're heading in the right direction i think.

I'm sure, like me, you hope that he proves you wrong. Hopefully you'll be back at Hampden while he's still in charge as that will surely mean we're reaching the levels we achieved under McLeish :thumbsup2:

I don't see what the problem is.. I think if we are ever going to progress as a club were gonna need to get more supporters, and given that most people in glasgow support the old firm, inevitably we'll have to get people who support them first and foremost to have some sense of affinity with us. Our glory days -crowd wise- was when people from maryhill would go to see us when the old firm were playing away.

So, if a celtic supporter goes to see the jags for 20 years that aint such a bad thing, is it? :huh:

Now that the SSC members have decided not to buy out all the briefs for the game they are going on public sale on Monday - but with 6 away matches this year and at £35 to £65 for a friendly, the tickets are simply priced far too high to contemplate a trip to north london - but fair pay to all those who do go ... charlie endell will be probably be heading down though.

Aye, took me while to warm to the idea but looking forward to a weekend in the Big Smoke. A few pints in the Birbeck behind Leyton tube station on Saturday lunchtime, take in Orient v Yeovil, Saturday night on the lash and the Emirates on Sunday :thumbsup2: .

Aye, took me while to warm to the idea but looking forward to a weekend in the Big Smoke. A few pints in the Birbeck behind Leyton tube station on Saturday lunchtime, take in Orient v Yeovil, Saturday night on the lash and the Emirates on Sunday :thumbsup2: .

have a good one big fella! :thumbsup2: ... tried to get the missus to see the positives but she muted 2 trips to dublin and divorce in the same sentence so I think I'll have to make do with deja vu at the Aviva/Landsdowne Road!

have a good one big fella! :thumbsup2: ... tried to get the missus to see the positives but she muted 2 trips to dublin and divorce in the same sentence so I think I'll have to make do with deja vu at the Aviva/Landsdowne Road!

Cheers - first time I've ever been described as "big" :lol:.

I'm booked up for the R.o.I. game as well. Whereabouts in the Sou'side do you stay Gianluca? I'm in Cathcart.

i'm anti tartan army and anti scotland too. all that nonsense make me cringe. i'm not nationalistic at all. u mite asked why i joined the army then? i joined because i realised fighting was what i was good at when i was a wee guy, so made a career out of it by playing to my strengths

Edited by Gimp

To date the qualifying campaign hasn't been brilliant but i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. He has admitted that he underestimated the ability of the players and seems to be allowing them to express themselves.

Since HT in the Spain game i think we're heading in the right direction. Ok wins against the faroes and a depleted NI team don't mean we're world beaters but we're heading in the right direction i think.

I'm sure, like me, you hope that he proves you wrong. Hopefully you'll be back at Hampden while he's still in charge as that will surely mean we're reaching the levels we achieved under McLeish :thumbsup2:

Having just read the embarassment of a Scotland squad, I don't think I'm likely to be back at any time during that imbecile's tenure.

Murray Davidson for Scotland???? That'll have Brazil quaking in their boots.

Edited to add, don't get me started on the strikers. Of the 4 he's named, only 2 of them actually play in that position. Naismith is a midfielder and Snodgrass is a winger. Kind of gives the game away in terms of tactics.

Edited by GrantB

Having just read the embarassment of a Scotland squad, I don't think I'm likely to be back at any time during that imbecile's tenure.

Murray Davidson for Scotland???? That'll have Brazil quaking in their boots.

Edited to add, don't get me started on the strikers. Of the 4 he's named, only 2 of them actually play in that position. Naismith is a midfielder and Snodgrass is a winger. Kind of gives the game away in terms of tactics.

Fair enough but as i said, I support Scotland, not Craig Levein.

He'll play one up front so why have 3-4 strikers in the squad? There are 5 midfield places up for grabs so it makes sense to have 10 midfielders in the squad.

Davidson wouldn't be in the squad if we had everyone to pick from either.

Fair enough but as i said, I support Scotland, not Craig Levein.

He'll play one up front so why have 3-4 strikers in the squad? There are 5 midfield places up for grabs so it makes sense to have 10 midfielders in the squad.

Davidson wouldn't be in the squad if we had everyone to pick from either.

We should still have options. Why has Levein not got Steven Fletcher back? Is he too pig headed to realise that we as a country do not have too many £7M strikers to pick from.

I support Scotland also. It makes me sick to the core that the national team is in the hands of this idiot. I cannot bear to watch them with this clown in charge.

We should still have options. Why has Levein not got Steven Fletcher back? Is he too pig headed to realise that we as a country do not have too many £7M strikers to pick from.

I support Scotland also. It makes me sick to the core that the national team is in the hands of this idiot. I cannot bear to watch them with this clown in charge.

Who who'd be your preferred option to be in charge???

I seem to remember you being a vocal critic and rightly so of Kris Boyd.

Can you explain the difference with Fletcher?

Who who'd be your preferred option to be in charge???

I reckon Craig Brown would be perfect for the job. He's certainly proven his credentials in the way he has turned Motherwell and Aberdeen around.

As for the difference between Boyd and Fletcher, I think there is definately fauly in Fletcher's part. However, as he doesn't have the same neddish history as Boyd, I am more inclined to believe there are 2 sides to the story. As I said, we don't have an abondance of £7M strikers to pick from so surely a bit of diplomacy from both parties could resolve matters.

As for the difference between Boyd and Fletcher, I think there is definately fauly in Fletcher's part. However, as he doesn't have the same neddish history as Boyd, I am more inclined to believe there are 2 sides to the story. As I said, we don't have an abondance of £7M strikers to pick from so surely a bit of diplomacy from both parties could resolve matters.

Doesn't matter if you are a ned or a gentleman.

He was called up by his country and he refused the privilege.

Only one apology due here and it aint from Levein.