Scotland V Brazil

Peter McLindu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the SSC members have decided not to buy out all the briefs for the game they are going on public sale on Monday - but with 6 away matches this year and at £35 to £65 for a friendly, the tickets are simply priced far too high to contemplate a trip to north london - but fair pay to all those who do go ... charlie endell will be probably be heading down though.

disappointed. dont dilute your love of the jags by supporting they jacobite ********. tartan army are a joke wae their best fans in the world nonsense. ***** just want rid of them out their cities. they're idiots

The Tartan Army are the worst fans in Scotland outside of the Old Firm. Wearing a kilt and a hat covered in badges, does not automatically endear you to the locals of what ever country you happen to be in, nor does it make you more of a Scotland fan than those who choose to dress casually at Scotland games.

:huh: Nobody mentioned the "Tartan Army". :unsure:

Until you did. :doh:

What exactly is your point? It's a thread about a forthcoming Scotland game and I wish to discuss the Tartan Army after the poster "gimp" mentioned them. What is the problem?

It would seem a shame if a thread started with the intention of identifying which fellow Thistle fans would be attending an upcoming international match and which had already raised a valid issue regarding the costing of the game, was hijacked for the purposes of a debate that's been had over and over again on this forum (and its previous incarnations).

Why not let the thread continue with the purpose for which it was intended?

Edited by Norman

It's no surprise the thread was hijacked by unionists for their own agenda - my club and country are the Jags and Scotland and I am proud of both - hope the anti-Scotland crew enjoy watching team GB at the Olympics <_>

It's possible to be a unionist and have pride in the nation within the UK from which you originate. The only reason we can't have a proper team GB at the Olympics is down to the mistrust of FIFA, and knowledge that whilst we could have guarantees that team GB would not affect the status of the home nations, Bladder will be saying the opposite to please foreign (in particular African) FAs.

As for the game, I hope we can continue the good performances from those against Spain and Norn Iron, however Brazil's style will ultimately be too good for us, and all this equates to is a relatively close away match, a fun day out in London and a chance to see some of the world's best footballers.

Hopefully we'll see Levein stick with the 4-2-3-1 formation, it'll be good to practice it against world class opposition, and even if Brazil score heavily it doesn't mean the system won't work in Euro qualifiers.

I'd like to see thistle try the same formation, do you think we have the correct players? Defensive midfielders could be Rowson and MacNamara, a midfield with Erskine, Flannigan and Hodge/Cairney/Donnelly in the centre, Doolan up front. A lot of top teams are using it, though of course ours would be more defensively focussed, I believe 4 at the back with two defensive midfielders would be better than the 5-3-2 we see, sometimes with two defensive midfielders (forgive me if I'm wrong about that)! Erskine would have a similar role to Robinho, in that difficult place to mark him on the left, as he'd kind of be a midfielder kind of a second striker, and someone that can send in good balls in the centre of the attacking midfield.

Sorry, trying to avoid work!

Edited by twinny

It's no surprise the thread was hijacked by unionists for their own agenda - my club and country are the Jags and Scotland and I am proud of both - hope the anti-Scotland crew enjoy watching team GB at the Olympics <_<

I'm anti-Tartan Army, not anti-Scotland. Know the difference you tool.

I'm anti-Tartan Army, not anti-Scotland.

I agree with the comment but have deleted the slander as I'm not trying to start a message board fight. Im a member of the Supporters club and try to go to one game away a campaign and all the competitive home games - I'm based in London. Been to Germany, Italy, France, Slovenia, Sweden, Wales and one or two others. Going to the Brazil game and hope we get a great result. Love the Scotland team but the people who class themselves as "Tartan Army" are annoying and the idea has definitely been ruined by those jumping on the bandwagon. Seems to be full of attention seeking teucthers who make a nuisance of themselves and think shaking random foreigners hands makes up for everything. I never wear a kilt to a game.

I agree with the comment but have deleted the slander as I'm not trying to start a message board fight. Im a member of the Supporters club and try to go to one game away a campaign and all the competitive home games - I'm based in London. Been to Germany, Italy, France, Slovenia, Sweden, Wales and one or two others. Going to the Brazil game and hope we get a great result. Love the Scotland team but the people who class themselves as "Tartan Army" are annoying and the idea has definitely been ruined by those jumping on the bandwagon. Seems to be full of attention seeking teucthers who make a nuisance of themselves and think shaking random foreigners hands makes up for everything. I never wear a kilt to a game.

I agree with every word of that. I've stopped going to Scotland games purely because of these clowns. Most of them are too pished to watch the game and because they dress ridiculously, it automatically makes them better Scotland fans than you in their eyes.

The media are largely to blame for this ridiculous "Tartan Army" nonsense. I cringe when they wheel out Hamish Husband. Does he actually exist, or is he a creation of the media? He certainly doesn't speak for me or any of my mates.

Don't get me started on "we'll be coming.....". Song stealing scumbags.

I agree with every word of that. I've stopped going to Scotland games purely because of these clowns. Most of them are too pished to watch the game and because they dress ridiculously, it automatically makes them better Scotland fans than you in their eyes.

The media are largely to blame for this ridiculous "Tartan Army" nonsense. I cringe when they wheel out Hamish Husband. Does he actually exist, or is he a creation of the media? He certainly doesn't speak for me or any of my mates.

:lol::lol: We stole it fae the Sarry Flute Band!!

Agree with this as it pretty much describes my Scotland following routine. It has definitely gotten worse over the last two qualifying campaigns. The lack of respect shown in town squares etc when abroad are a disgrace at times, Amsterdam in particular was appalling last time. It isn't everyone obviously but it's enough to make me ashamed to be associated with those involved. The tartan army childrens charity does a lot of good work and it is on the whole good going away but the bad element really detract from it for me.

I'll be there, kilt and all :thumbsup2:

Really looking forward to this one!

Wearing a kilt and a hat covered in badges, does not automatically endear you to the locals of what ever country you happen to be in, nor does it make you more of a Scotland fan than those who choose to dress casually at Scotland games.

Who says that wearing a kilt makes them a better fan? In terms of your point about the locals, when I was in Prague there were numerous weddings in the main square in the morning and i got asked on 3 seperate occasions by brides to be in their wedding photos.

Don't tar everyone with your skewered view of Scotland fans, not all of us are the same.

I agree that Hamish doesn't speak for every scotland fan, but at no point has he ever claimed to do so. He is the spokesman for the club that he is part of and only ever comments on their behalf when asked to do so.

He is actually a really nice guy too.

I'll be there, kilt and all :thumbsup2:

Well said sir - disregard the stronach character - he's a republican schmellik fan who only stops by here when he's bored on the jungle jim forums - a quick look at his posts tells you all you need to know about his character. :thumbsup2:

Have a few beers for me in Norf Laaaaaandaaaaan!

Well said sir - disregard the stronach character - he's a republican schmellik fan who only stops by here when he's bored on the jungle jim forums - a quick look at his posts tells you all you need to know about his character. :thumbsup2:

Have a few beers for me in Norf Laaaaaandaaaaan!

You called me a Unionist earlier in the thread! You constantly tangle yourself up in your own stupidity and contradict yourself.

You lose.

You called me a Unionist earlier in the thread! You constantly tangle yourself up in your own stupidity and contradict yourself.

You lose.

Most celtic fans are unionists. They used to drive me nuts at school. Some of them even supported the IRA and were *still* unionists! (slaps forehead)