Just In

chunky jag

It's in its own thread as well but might as well catch the post-match ramblers!

Jagscast

This week we take a look at terrible goals, league reconstruction, why it's great to be a Jag and investigate a conspiracy theory as to the love interests of a member of the Wunderteam forward, the Austrian international Matthias Sindelar.

Chris Erskine

and

Matthias Sindelar

I can't tell the difference!

Edited by Woodstock Jag

played ok, was a decent enough 0-0 draw, some good chances, Doolan missed a sitter, great chance for Paton at the end too. Rowser, Archie and Robbo our best players, Grehan played alright holding it up etc, but needs to offer more of a threat. Doolan and Erskine a bit frustrating. Should win during the week if we keep things tight at the back and offer more of a threat. Dundee were pish how the hell they are on this amazing run they are stinking.

edited to add pitch an absolute disgrace, kinda goes without saying i know but it was terrible.

Agree with most of that, but not the "Dundee were pish" statement. I thought they knocked the ball around pretty slickly, and Scott Fox had to pull off a couple of smart saves or we were sunk. Having said that, we were just about at good, and finished the stronger. I actually though it was a pretty good match, end to end and both teams trying to play football on what is no better than a tattie field.

I'll even praise the oldies after saying we need youngsters recently: Archie, Robertson, and especially Rowson were excellent. Doolan and especially Grehan worked hard and won more than their fair share of headers, but unfortunately those won headers simply went forward towards nobody except a Dundee defender; there seemed to be no anticipation to get forward onto the end of one of them (and with only those two up front, it seemed like a useless tactic). Doolan actually looked a bit lightweight, whereas I thought Grehan came on to a really good game. One of those games where you say that "with a bit of luck" we might have scored a couple, but that "lack of luck" has been a problem for so long now that it's more that a question of luck. We need a striker!

We have struggled for (effective) strikers over 5'9 for a good while recent likes of buchanan and doolan.

And you're suggesting we get a striker even shorter in height than even me?

It's true what they say, women know nothing about football.

:P

:angry:

Even in these difficult times I reckon we'll find a guy with two feet.

:angry:

:lol: :lol:

Not the best game yesterday, the most pleasing thing was seeing Grehan having a decent game.

What we need is a proper winger to play on the right. Teams are able to overload on Erskine on the left knowing we don't have much of a threat or pace down the right. Are there any youngsters who could play that role?

I thought it was a brilliant result, seeing as I left the ground thinking we'd been beat 1-0. I was too busy watching that wee f@nny not getting the jail to realise the goal had been disallowed!!!!!!

If that had been our support at scumdee how many would have been lifted. A bit of credit to Brian and his team for tolerance. If I had realised that Strathclyde's "finest" moved so slow I'd have been robbing banks for years.

Not the best game yesterday, the most pleasing thing was seeing Grehan having a decent game.

What we need is a proper winger to play on the right. Teams are able to overload on Erskine on the left knowing we don't have much of a threat or pace down the right. Are there any youngsters who could play that role?

McCall said pre-match somewhere (think offical site) that he thinks McGeough (sp?) can play there. Apparently he'll be playing there in the next couple of reserve games.

Jamie Campbell :thumbsup2:

On that subject McGowan was stuck out on the right almost purely for defensive reasons. By all accounts the guy is a centreback/central midfielder so it appears rather strange position to play him wide. I suppose Dundee not scoring justifies his inclusion to some extent particularly if they carried a threat down their left but it did seem over cautious.

I'm not sure what McGowan brings to the table and I'm not going to criticise the lad having only seen him the day he joined us (v Cowden) and yesterday but if he's good enough play him centrally instead of Cairney. If Cairney's fit play him wide right. Otherwise use Erskine left & Flannigan or Campbell on the right. Flannigan can always move to the left if Erskine needs subbing.

Jamie Campbell :thumbsup2:

On that subject McGowan was stuck out on the right almost purely for defensive reasons. By all accounts the guy is a centreback/central midfielder so it appears rather strange position to play him wide. I suppose Dundee not scoring justifies his inclusion to some extent particularly if they carried a threat down their left but it did seem over cautious.

I'm not sure what McGowan brings to the table and I'm not going to criticise the lad having only seen him the day he joined us (v Cowden) and yesterday but if he's good enough play him centrally instead of Cairney. If Cairney's fit play him wide right. Otherwise use Erskine left & Flannigan or Campbell on the right. Flannigan can always move to the left if Erskine needs subbing.

I've been questioning why we're playing a young loanee at this stage rather than playing our own youngsters. But in fact I thought McGowan was really useful yesterday, with great attitude. Actually, everybody that I've been slagging off played well yesterday. That goes to show, err... something or other.

Cairney should be dropped all together.

Flannigan on the right and play McGowan in the middle of the midfield, his natural position.

2 points dropped as far as I'm concerned yesterday.

Would have said a draw was fair yesterday but only if you took the last 10 minutes out of the equation !

What a miss at the end and I thought Buchanun had signed for Dungfermline !

At the end of the day not a bad result considering we were playing what is / should be the league leaders right or wrong !

Would have said a draw was fair yesterday but only if you took the last 10 minutes out of the equation !

What a miss at the end and I thought Buchanun had signed for Dungfermline !

We let them off the hook with terrible finishing. Doolan being the main culprit.

The very least they should be doing is making the keeper work. Goalkeeper parries a shot, ball breaks then who knows what would happen after that?

We let them off the hook with terrible finishing. Doolan being the main culprit.

The very least they should be doing is making the keeper work. Goalkeeper parries a shot, ball breaks then who knows what would happen after that?

It would probably be wellied over the bar

It would probably be wellied over the bar

aye or paton would be running in unchallenged from 10 yards out and the ball ending up nearer hampden than firhill.if he would have put as much work into his shooting as he did his tattoo then he would have scored! the maryhill cafu