Just In

chunky jag

played ok, was a decent enough 0-0 draw, some good chances, Doolan missed a sitter, great chance for Paton at the end too. Rowser, Archie and Robbo our best players, Grehan played alright holding it up etc, but needs to offer more of a threat. Doolan and Erskine a bit frustrating. Should win during the week if we keep things tight at the back and offer more of a threat. Dundee were pish how the hell they are on this amazing run they are stinking.

edited to add pitch an absolute disgrace, kinda goes without saying i know but it was terrible.

Edited by chunky jag

played ok, was a decent enough 0-0 draw, some good chances, Doolan missed a sitter, great chance for Paton at the end too. Rowser, Archie and Robbo our best players, Grehan played alright holding it up etc, but needs to offer more of a threat. Doolan and Erskine a bit frustrating. Should win during the week if we keep things tight at the back and offer more of a threat. Dundee were pish how the hell they are on this amazing run they are stinking.

/quote]

Agree with all of that.Flannigan added a lot when he came on and taking off Cairney was well overdue.What has happened to him as a player?

Grehan,who I though would never be more than a big donkey now seems to be improving every time he plays,had at least four good lay offs today which could have resulted in goals but it's no use having a target man if there is no one along side him to score.We can compete with any team in the division but until we can score we'll be bottom half.

Thought it was a decent competitive game which we slightly shaded. 1-0 Jags would have been fair.

The pitch was a joke though and needs to be sorted. One of those big bobbles could have easily have affected the result.

If we could afford to put a decent attacking edge to this side then the rest is largely already there.

We go on as we must.

Thought it was a decent competitive game which we slightly shaded. 1-0 Jags would have been fair.

The pitch was a joke though and needs to be sorted. One of those big bobbles could have easily have affected the result.

If we could afford to put a decent attacking edge to this side then the rest is largely already there.

We go on as we must.

Yep thats the big thing that needs sorting out at this summer. Defence, particularly with Fox in goals we are solid. Hopefully when Mcbeth and Bannigan get back they can replace the much needed to be dropped Cairney (he is diabolical just now). Interesting to see former players Roberts and Buchanan scored today and our old pal Damon Gray even got a hat trick for Berwick ;)

Interesting to see former players Roberts and Buchanan scored today and our old pal Damon Gray even got a hat trick for Berwick ;)

I don't think it's that relevant, and i'm not sure if it's that interesting either, but for reasons similar to you mentioning it, I was cursing under my breath hearing those scorers mentioned on the radio today, I wonder how many other ex-jags scored today?.

How Cairney started ahead of Hodge I'll never know, McCall has tried playing him to see if he regains his form, he hasn't. He needs dropped, at least to the bench, possibly out the squad althogether to show him that his performances aren't good enough & he won't just keep playing no matter how pish he is.

I'd like to see McGowan at CM, hasn't really settled at RM< he should have started ahead of Cairney today with Flannigan on the right.

Grehan started slowly but played better nearer the end, keep playing him & see what he offers with 5/6/7 consecutive starts.

Rowson or Archie were MOTM. Should have won the game with Doolan's chance or Paton's. Was a clear foul on Fox for their dis-allowed goal.

Doolan's miss was criminal.

Cairney was an excuse. Get him in for extra training sessions then early nights.

Grehan has benefited from a run of games. Looking okay.

Rowson a terrier, Hodge good when he came on, McGowan's solid enough. Erskine had one of his poorer games but came into it in the 2nd half. Fox was solid as ever, Boyle and Robbo were solid, Archie was okay bar a couple of weak moments, Paton's decision-making takes a bit to be desired and to miss by such a margin late on was brutal. Fraser didn't have much time to do anything and Flannigan was reasonable.

Dundee fans in reasonable numbers but the guys bottom right were twats, especially the one that got lifted. If that was at Dens half the away crowd would have been ejected.

Ref was poor, but not to the overall detriment of either side.

We need goals.

Even with our powder puff attack and Dundee relying mainly on one guy (Higgins) to score the most surprising thing today was the game remained goalless. By that I don't mean the amount of pressure on either goalie was bound to get a goal or two (nothing could be further from the truth). I mean with the pitch in that condition I was sure there was bound to be at least one freak goal.

As for what passed as a game Dundee looked for the best part the more likely to get a result but for the last 10-15 minutes we were by far the stronger side and if a goal was coming it would almost certainly have been for us.

When conditions are that bad we're looking for guys like Grehan, Rowson & Cairney to come to the fore. Two did one didn't. No way on a pitch like that should Hodge be more effective than Cairney but he was by miles.

I wouldn't be too critical on McCall's team set up and tactics today. That said a couple of things I thought were a bit questionable were the "doubling up" in the first half on their No 11 (Forsyth?) and the overdue subbing of Doolan.

I'm guessing but I reckon the OTT defensive thingy was in anticipation of Harkins playing wider rather than the Forsyth fella. He may be a youngster but Fraser has a good bit of strength about him and did everything right when he came on. Maybe another 5 mins of Fraser, Doolan had run himself into the ground in any case, could have got us a break thru.

Doolan's miss was criminal.

Cairney was an excuse. Get him in for extra training sessions then early nights.

Grehan has benefited from a run of games. Looking okay.

Rowson a terrier, Hodge good when he came on, McGowan's solid enough. Erskine had one of his poorer games but came into it in the 2nd half. Fox was solid as ever, Boyle and Robbo were solid, Archie was okay bar a couple of weak moments, Paton's decision-making takes a bit to be desired and to miss by such a margin late on was brutal. Fraser didn't have much time to do anything and Flannigan was reasonable.

Dundee fans in reasonable numbers but the guys bottom right were twats, especially the one that got lifted. If that was at Dens half the away crowd would have been ejected.

Ref was poor, but not to the overall detriment of either side.

We need goals.

Pretty much like he said.

I thought Dundee looked like a pretty good football side.

Great with the out-ball, and credit to our defenders who

got a workout today. Some horrible caught-in-possessions,

and some awful misplaced passing, until Hodge came on.

The football was great in the second half, and we really

should have buried one of the late chances. I injured

myself when Doolan sclaffed past from right in front,

but don't worry I'll be OK.

I'm quite often down after a 0-0, but not tonight.

Not the worst goaless game ever.Imo we had the best chances(how did Doolan not burst the net when he just had Douglas to beat)but Fox had to make the better saves which imo sums up our season.We need to get in at least one striker for next season or once again we will struggle.Livingstone will come up and Hamilton look like coming down.Stirling imo are all but relegated so whoever wins the play off could be the weakest team for next season.If we dont watch we could also be down there.

Not the worst goaless game ever.Imo we had the best chances(how did Doolan not burst the net when he just had Douglas to beat)but Fox had to make the better saves which imo sums up our season.We need to get in at least one striker for next season or once again we will struggle.Livingstone will come up and Hamilton look like coming down.Stirling imo are all but relegated so whoever wins the play off could be the weakest team for next season.If we dont watch we could also be down there.

All good points. :thumbsup2:

If we can only bring in one striker, please, please can this lad be two footed.

Rowson was a deserved man of the match. He really showed his worth to the side.

We had 3 good chances to win the game but did not take them. If we could bring in a good striker and a goal scoring midfielder then I think we would be title contenders next season. This however could be said about most of the first division teams.

This was one of the better 0-0 draws I've witnessed but we really should have taken our chances or at least tested big shovel hands from very good positions. The pitch definetly added to the poor finishing I'd say but Doolan, Erskine and Paton all had great chances to at least force the big hod carrier into a save. They had their chances too right enough but we would've taken three points from that with some clinical finishing.

Is it just me are Dundee not taking the utter pish now with this trialist thing? Graham Bayne was the latest addition to their quota to make a mockery of the transfer embargo today and something should be done about this. By my reckoning they've now used Stewart Graecen, Tam Brighton, Neil McCann, Craig Robertson and Graham Bayne. They can only take the piss with this one until 31st March but it really does laugh in the face of the transfer embargo and is just another sign of the way in which that shoddy outfit works while others cut their cloth to suit. There's no way in the world these players have all done this for no money. A total joke and something the SFA/SFL should get sorted.

We're only 4 points above Cowdenbeath, who as pish as they are, are somehow stealing points here and there. We better be careful. Three points are a must from Tuesday against a team who are struggling for players like Dundee, because after that we play two tough away games we'll be lucky to take anything from.

I don't want to look too far into the future at this moment in time (well maybe thats the beer goggles), but I'd fear for us next year with a full-time team replacing a bunch of hopeless part-timers with Livingston coming up. Bare minimum two forwards and a winger needed and I'm not sure we have the funds to bring them in. Not enough trickery or quality balls come into the box, and a total lack of pace up front. We're very one dimensional and easy to defend against.

Edited by MWM

I like the look of Shaun Fraser and I'd like to see him getting a bit more game time.

We need some "presence" up front though. What's Duncan Ferguson doing these days?

Probably doing time at hmp if he has not changed hus attitude !

The lad Fraser should be given a run inmho not just 5 mins at the end of a game!

I want to see the lad starting a game he is more of a threat up front than the waste of space Grehan !

All good points. :thumbsup2:

If we can only bring in one striker, please, please can this lad be two footed.

We have struggled for (effective) strikers over 5'9 for a good while recent likes of buchanan and doolan.

And you're suggesting we get a striker even shorter in height than even me?

It's true what they say, women know nothing about football.

:P