Greaves

Jaggernaut

The promotion of the merchandise on offer at Greaves and the special promotions is very poor indeed. It's in the club's best interest to let folk know when things are reduced yet it's always left to fans pointing this out via the forum. I know resources are limited at the club so would it maybe be an idea to have a pinned thread on here where we can post any bargains that we notice?

It may also be an idea to contact Greaves and let them know about this so they could email admin whenever there is any price reductions or new merchandise arrives.

The promotion of the merchandise on offer at Greaves and the special promotions is very poor indeed. It's in the club's best interest to let folk know when things are reduced yet it's always left to fans pointing this out via the forum. I know resources are limited at the club so would it maybe be an idea to have a pinned thread on here where we can post any bargains that we notice?

It may also be an idea to contact Greaves and let them know about this so they could email admin whenever there is any price reductions or new merchandise arrives.

Isn't there a forum member that works in Greaves? or has a mate that works there or something?

Did I just dream that?

Genuinely not having a "go" ,as I may have misread the point. However, the official site has a large Greaves logo on it, with "sale" written across it. The link takes you to Thistle merchandise and a further link to sale items.

Genuinely not having a "go" ,as I may have misread the point. However, the official site has a large Greaves logo on it, with "sale" written across it. The link takes you to Thistle merchandise and a further link to sale items.

Thanks for that; just spotted something else that I'll be picking up tomorrow.

That's all good and well if people click on that link but where's the harm in putting a posting on the official site to say 'Away kit now reduced to half price at Greaves' for example or 'New Jags T Shirts now available at Greaves'.

I'm surprised that Greaves themselves don't ask for this as part of the agreement, but it is in the club's best interest to also keep on top of it as it means more money coming in. Marketing has never been PTFC's strong point, but when we're looking for every penny when can get we should be actively doing our bit to help bring money in.

A pinned thread on here that we could all do our bit for is a start I'd reckon.

• 4 weeks later...

Was in today and picked up a couple of the reduced camouflage away tops. (For those of you who still think that Sigesige00 is in Rutherglen or somewhere like that, then f*ck knows who the parcel that I'm sending to Kobe will end up with!). Also picked up a couple of other excellent bargains: t-shirts for the summer, and a nice warm fleece (also for the summer!). Still a fair few items on the sale racks.

That's all good and well if people click on that link but where's the harm in putting a posting on the official site to say 'Away kit now reduced to half price at Greaves' for example or 'New Jags T Shirts now available at Greaves'.

I'm surprised that Greaves themselves don't ask for this as part of the agreement, but it is in the club's best interest to also keep on top of it as it means more money coming in. Marketing has never been PTFC's strong point, but when we're looking for every penny when can get we should be actively doing our bit to help bring money in.

As a side note, as I get emails from Stoke City I get plenty advertising their merchandise as well as events. When Stoke win big games (in the cup or against good opposition) they often offer free shirt printing when you buy a shirt if you get one of the scorers names on it. When they signed Carew there was a deal on shirts with his name and number too.

Quite a few of us shop from Greaves online, I certainly wouldn't have a problem with them asking one of those tick box questions when you shop 'would you like to be informed when we have deals on similar products to those you have bought today?' or something like that.

Was in today and picked up a couple of the reduced camouflage away tops. (For those of you who still think that Sigesige00 is in Rutherglen or somewhere like that, then f*ck knows who the parcel that I'm sending to Kobe will end up with!). Also picked up a couple of other excellent bargains: t-shirts for the summer, and a nice warm fleece (also for the summer!). Still a fair few items on the sale racks.

Hmmm, but has he paid you for the items or do you do tic or is it a free gift service you are running?

Edited by yoda-jag

How much money do you think the club will make, from a few sale items?

Are you aware of how the agreement with Greaves works?

How much money do you think the club will make, from a few sale items?

Are you aware of how the agreement with Greaves works?

If a company can make more money out of thistle fans through the agreement then perhaps a future contract will be more lucrative, no?