Team For Tomorrow

Pie Of The Month

As long as everyone is fit it's the easy choice of same as last time for me. If McNamara can't manage 2 games in the space of a few days then straight swap for Balatoni and keep the 3-5-2 formation. Hopefully the midfield 3 of Rowson, McGowan and Erskine get a chance to build on Saturday too. Falkirk seem to get frustrated when we sit back and allow them to pass the ball about to no great effect, hopefully we can be the team that finishes Pressley's stint as Falkirk mananger. :thumbsup2:

1. Fox

2. Paton

3. Boyle

4. McNamara

5. Robertson

6. Archibald

7. McGowan

8. Rowson

9. Doolan

10. Grehan

11. Erskine

Edited by Pie Of The Month

As long as everyone is fit it's the easy choice of same as last time for me. If McNamara can't manage 2 games in the space of a few days then straight swap for Balatoni and keep the 3-5-2 formation. Hopefully the midfield 3 of Rowson, McGowan and Erskine get a chance to build on Saturday too. Falkirk seem to get frustrated when we sit back and allow them to pass the ball about to no great effect, hopefully we can be the team that finishes Pressley's stint as Falkirk mananger. :thumbsup2:

1. Fox

2. Paton

3. Boyle

4. McNamara

5. Robertson

6. Archibald

7. McGowan

8. Rowson

9. Doolan

10. Grehan

11. Erskine

I would be happy with that team. McGowan a decent addition and a better pick than Hodge or Cairney imo.

2-0 Thistle. This will make us the form away team of the division ;op

Edited by jagfox

Falkirk seem to get frustrated when we sit back and allow them to pass the ball about to no great effect, hopefully we can be the team that finishes Pressley's stint as Falkirk mananger. :thumbsup2:

Difficult to argue with that. Only change would be if there are injuries.

Agree about last thing too but lets hope he holds out till our final game against them - I'd guess they'll get a boost when he goes. I think we've another two games to come against that lot.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Difficult to argue with that. Only change would be if there are injuries.

Agree about last thing too but lets hope he holds out till our final game against them - I'd guess they'll get a boost when he goes. I think we've another two games to come against that lot.

If all fit gota go same team.

I doubt very much we'll be able to play the same side as on Saturday. Fairly sure McNamara won't be expected to play and I'd imagine maybe somebody else would pick up a knock.

Even so McCall will probably stick to same formation as many of Saturday's team as possible. If the Cup game there is anything to go by McCall will be quick enough to change to a back four if we're not getting anywhere.

Ol` Brown Shoes must realise that this is his last throw of the dice. Even without the cup result I`d think he`ll have them as fired up as they`ve been this season and it`s something we`re going to have to handle. Given the league table and the number of games remaining anything other than three points pretty much confirms that they won`t be going up

If we hold out for the first twenty minutes we won`t get beat.

Ol` Brown Shoes must realise that this is his last throw of the dice. Even without the cup result I`d think he`ll have them as fired up as they`ve been this season and it`s something we`re going to have to handle. Given the league table and the number of games remaining anything other than three points pretty much confirms that they won`t be going up

I'd expect both Raith & Pars to win tonight. A defeat for Falkirk and I wouldn't be too surprised if it's Pressley's last game. Don't know what the compo situation would be but I would guess their home attendances would drop quite significantly if he stays.

Having read McCall’s comments on the preview, team will probably be

1. Fox

2. Paton

3. Boyle

4. Robertson

5. Archibald

6. Flannigan

7. McGowan

8. Rowson

9. Doolan

10. Grehan

11. Erskine

4-4-2

It certainly looks that way. The bench should feature some youngsters - Scully, McGeough, Balatoni, Fraser, Campbell

My Jambo next door neighbour tells me that we are trying to extend McGowan's loan - he's close enough to the club to be reliable, since he lodges guys in the U19 squad and hears the gossip.

I'd hope if we can continue to pick up points over the next two weeks, he'll forget about that and give the youngsters good run-outs. Of course he has to be careful how he plays them as playing in a beaten team is bad for morale, but I don't see how - once the pressure is off us - we couldn't afford to say give Campbell and Fraser 45-60 minutes in some upcoming games. And let McGeough, Lochhead - and if they're back, MacBeth and Bannigan - have some time too. I wouldn't mind seeing our team end up with 5 or 5 youngsters playing for the last 15 minutes or so of a game.

BTW what happened to Burns? Is he injured?

I'd hope if we can continue to pick up points over the next two weeks, he'll forget about that and give the youngsters good run-outs. Of course he has to be careful how he plays them as playing in a beaten team is bad for morale, but I don't see how - once the pressure is off us - we couldn't afford to say give Campbell and Fraser 45-60 minutes in some upcoming games. And let McGeough, Lochhead - and if they're back, MacBeth and Bannigan - have some time too. I wouldn't mind seeing our team end up with 5 or 5 youngsters playing for the last 15 minutes or so of a game.

BTW what happened to Burns? Is he injured?

Bannigan is away till the end of the season. McCall said they are going to bring back MacBeth for the last month of the season.

I think Fraser is the one we will see the most of before the end of the season. Think he may get 20 min tonight and if he does well start against Cowdenbeth.

McCall also said that Ryan scully will get his chance before the end of the season.

Bannigan is away till the end of the season. McCall said they are going to bring back MacBeth for the last month of the season.

I think Fraser is the one we will see the most of before the end of the season. Think he may get 20 min tonight and if he does well start against Cowdenbeth.

McCall also said that Ryan scully will get his chance before the end of the season.

Obviously, as I said, we need to be careful how we bring them on. Having said that, the last couple of games are likely to be meaningless and it might be worth giving a bunch of them a good run out rather than 1 or 2 at a time for brief periods. Might even be to our advantage as they'll be keen to show what they could do and could liven up what would otherwise be dull end-of-season games.

I appreciate of course that if we still need points to ensure a top 3/4 finish then he might be less likely to do as I suggest.

BTW --- tonight's game is OFF.

Scully needs some first-team experience if he is to be number 2 next season. McBeth will definitely get some games when he returns. I hope that Campbell and McGeough get their chance too.

"Scottish second division club Partick Thistle...."

Ah well, I suppose that's what happens when you've been floundering around in the lower reaches for years.

Aw naw, mair fish puns on the way, I fear.

Edited to add: I think McGowan's the best loan player we've had since Santala. We should get rid of 5 others and sign him.

Edited by Jaggernaut

"Scottish second division club Partick Thistle...."

Ah well, I suppose that's what happens when you've been floundering around in the lower reaches for years.

Aw naw, mair fish puns on the way, I fear.

Edited to add: I think McGowan's the best loan player we've had since Santala. We should get rid of 5 others and sign him.

A loan shark :unsure: