Partick Thistle New Kit?

redhulk44

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No buddy it was mainly black with just wee flashes of red and yellow.a bit like your bobby law picture but after his time i am sure.

Here's better picture of the barcode HERE

Your description seems to match it's design. Can't think of what one it is your thinking off. :thinking:

I know the away top in 04/05 was black but the red and yellow were pretty prominent in the design.

Going by the pictures it must be the bobby law one.did we wear it when we won 3-2 at fir park after being 2 down at half time?

That was the season before.

We wore This that day.

Edited by northernsoul

Here's better picture of the barcode HERE

Your description seems to match it's design. Can't think of what one it is your thinking off. :thinking:

I know the away top in 04/05 was black but the red and yellow were pretty prominent in the design.

That was the season before.

We wore This that day.

I am sure we had a strip exactly like that except the vertical lines were not intact and slightly diagonal.am i going mad,is it to late at night!

Its definitely d h morris,wearing it the now.TFG were the makers,black round thistle symbol just above the name.

Best away top ever, there was one on e.bay last year that someone posted a link to on the forum, seriously considered getting it at the time but it had a name and number on it if I remember correctly which put me off.

Edited by Hot Shot

i'd like to see:

White top with red and yellow, collar and cuffs with a red thin hoop below the sponsors name and a yellow thin hoop above it. badge and sponsor in black.

white shorts with a red/yellow twin stripe down the sides.

white socks with a red and yellow hoop in the turn over, separated by a white hoop.

pains me to say it... but similar to the 1959/61 and 2000/01 rangers away strips: here

or the 1996/99 Dumbarton strip here

Some pretty good ideas here! My favourite home tops have been 78-79 and 94-95! I do like the idea of a strip similar to Dumbarton's 96-97 for our away kit, but with a proper collar - fussy or what?

:D Just recalling the day we played them at their new ground. For those who weren't there we were wearing the jester outfit and they were playing in a yellow top with a largely black sleeve. In the first half we were playing right to left (looking from the one and only stand) so every time we attacked it looked like twenty guys in the same team chasing the ball. Needless to say the ref ordered a change of tops at half time :) .

'71 colours for the 40th anniversary season, after which we should revert to thick red'n'yellow hoops with a big white, traditional thistle as the emblem, and white shorts. Red socks with black-yellow-black bands at the top. Away colours should always be of the centenary type, with the occasional call for a third kit being some innovative contrivance whilst remaining as easy on the eye as possible.

'71 colours for the 40th anniversary season, after which we should revert to thick red'n'yellow hoops with a big white, traditional thistle as the emblem, and white shorts. Red socks with black-yellow-black bands at the top. Away colours should always be of the centenary type, with the occasional call for a third kit being some innovative contrivance whilst remaining as easy on the eye as possible.

The voice of sanity.

i'd like to see:

White top with red and yellow, collar and cuffs with a red thin hoop below the sponsors name and a yellow thin hoop above it. badge and sponsor in black.

white shorts with a red/yellow twin stripe down the sides.

white socks with a red and yellow hoop in the turn over, separated by a white hoop.

pains me to say it... but similar to the 1959/61 and 2000/01 rangers away strips: here

or the 1996/99 Dumbarton strip here

How about something like the one in my spanking new avatar?!

Just a thought. Been on the official site and the link to Greaves Sports. The current home top is listed as 2010/2012. It's also selling at full price. If it was to be replaced , should it not be reduced in price ?

Could it be that we will start the season with that as our "home" top and around the time of the 40th anniversary of the league cup win, bring out a top that would become our "home" top for the remainder of the season ?