Falkirk Fans Banner Aimed At Pressley

chunky jag

I've just been perusing one of the Bairns fans' forums, and they do NOT rate Mr Pressley very highly at all, it would seem.

But maybe more interestingly, there's a very strong rumour that Falkirk are in some very serious financial trouble, and that failure to get promoted this season is going to hit them very, very hard.

I've just been perusing one of the Bairns fans' forums, and they do NOT rate Mr Pressley very highly at all, it would seem.

But maybe more interestingly, there's a very strong rumour that Falkirk are in some very serious financial trouble, and that failure to get promoted this season is going to hit them very, very hard.

at half time there was an announcement about an emergency fans trust meeting with the Chairman on Monday evening, doesn't sound good

May be , just may be some of the cut backs we've been making might see us in a stronger position compared to some other teams in the league next season.

I know a lot don't go along with this but I hope dunfermline go up this season, I think it may increase our own chances of success next term if they are not in the league.

Don't ask me why, but I've got a feeling next season might just be our season. Things have certainly improved for us in the last 3 or 4 months.

Any way, prob best to get this season out the way, see who we sign in summer and take it from there. Just feel things are moving in the right direction for us.......on the park at least.

at half time there was an announcement about an emergency fans trust meeting with the Chairman on Monday evening, doesn't sound good

There was a reference to that on Jim Traynor's phone in this evening. Some "very worried" Falkirk fan texted that in.

So, that's Dundee still in admin, QOS in the keech and surely heading there too, now Falkirk. Who next? Maybe this is the armageddon we've heard was coming.

There was a reference to that on Jim Traynor's phone in this evening. Some "very worried" Falkirk fan texted that in.

So, that's Dundee still in admin, QOS in the keech and surely heading there too, now Falkirk. Who next? Maybe this is the armageddon we've heard was coming.

Please let it be Morton !!! (only because some of their fans seem to take a great deal of delight in hoping we go bust).

Feel if we all work together we will be OK.

ONWARDS and UPWARDS.

Falkirk's losses last year in the SPL were over 800k.They blame Yogi for spending all the money.The parachute payment and the sale of Arfield to huddersfield just about covered this loss, but this meant that this season they have had no extra money coming in to cover this seasons losses.

Plus they had their SPL parachute payment, all gone. There's no doubt that they'll need to make big cuts next season. It might be that their "academy" at Stirling Uni will get the chop.

Dont think Fianacial worries will be exclusively Falkirks in Div 1 next year.

Its never in year 1 or 2 of a recession that problems come home to roost but year 3. Falkirk have kept a big squead on decent wags on an attempt to bounce back straight away, its not happen so thus they will have to cut numbers and wages ot plug the shortfall.

QOS- have all but admitted they are gubbed and evryone including the manager is available

Dunfermline- have invested heavily to try and win the league- if not expect cut backs

Dundee- Gubbed and only doing well due to triallist loophole

Stirling- are really struggling after the fans buyout

Morton- kept affloat by the sweetie man Rae- if he croaks it they are heading dundees way

Thistle- well weve heard it and seen what McCall has to do expect more of the same

County- have spunked there scottish cup money on pay outs to managers and are skinto

Raith/Cowdenbeath- the two of them seem to be ok financailly

Dont think Fianacial worries will be exclusively Falkirks in Div 1 next year.

Its never in year 1 or 2 of a recession that problems come home to roost but year 3. Falkirk have kept a big squead on decent wags on an attempt to bounce back straight away, its not happen so thus they will have to cut numbers and wages ot plug the shortfall.

QOS- have all but admitted they are gubbed and evryone including the manager is available

Dunfermline- have invested heavily to try and win the league- if not expect cut backs

Dundee- Gubbed and only doing well due to triallist loophole

Stirling- are really struggling after the fans buyout

Morton- kept affloat by the sweetie man Rae- if he croaks it they are heading dundees way

Thistle- well weve heard it and seen what McCall has to do expect more of the same

County- have spunked there scottish cup money on pay outs to managers and are skinto

Raith/Cowdenbeath- the two of them seem to be ok financailly

Apparently Raith's Chairman has said if they are not promoted they will need to make some cutbacks, though I doubt these will be anywhere near as big as some that other clubs in the divison will be making

It might be that their "academy" at Stirling Uni will get the chop.

I am led to believe that their academy is entirely funded through a combination of sponsorship, grants and their excellent community football programme. The academy costs a fortune to run, but none of it comes from the football club.

Definately some lessons to be learned from Falkirk, even if they are making mistakes in other areas.

Apparently Raith's Chairman has said if they are not promoted they will need to make some cutbacks, though I doubt these will be anywhere near as big as some that other clubs in the divison will be making

Their crowds are generally lower than ours (derby matches excepted), and they have three stands open at every match, I think. That must all mount up, along with players' salaries etc.

I'd say Raith would have to cutback more than most if they didn't go up. They'd be losing their 2 biggest gates of the season since Dunfermline would be going up plus they get more away fans from Cowdenbeath (assuming they go down) than any of the rest of us in the league do.

I'd also imagine there won't be much money from the semi final run left either.

Instead of having a banner they should adopt the Iraqi approach and have 2,500+ supporters throw their shoes at him!

Jackie McNamara & Simon Donnelly the next Falkirk management team? Cheaper than Elvis presumably.

That's the best post on this thread! In fact, let's have sponsored shoe throwing at half-time at all Falkirk's games for the the rest of the season. I'll print the t-shirts, "Haw, Elvis! Cop Ma Flip-Flop!".

My "source" at Falkirk told me that when Falkirk were having serious cash flow problems due to all the winter postponements that Pressley wrote out a fairly hefty cheque which went a long way to keeping them in business. That would at least partly explain his "lack of respect" comments aimed at the fans who want him sacked.