Rumour

stuthejag

Also heard that Beattie had accused McCall of being responsible for the drop in attendances. If there's any truth in this then we truly have the wrong man running things at Firhill.

Jings, that's a bit worrying. McCall's always out and about, he's got a wean the same age as mine.... anyhoo one day I said that I was booked on the bus for an away game (probably the cancelled STJ cup game) and he said 'I wish they would all come out for the home games'. I said it would probably take a full season of good results to turn it around. There's no doubt that the home attendances are a getting a bit ropey, but it's not IMC's fault. He's been a safe pair of hands in my book.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. The comp thing is nonsense.

As was mentioned earlier, McCall took a pay cut this season. I'd suggest in doing so the club removed the compo.

Managers come and go... I'm not that fussed about McCall leaving.

What is of greater concern is that we may now loose maxy and hinchy.

As for TL making two separate posts alluding to possible health issues in his family as a reason to resign, I find them appalling and ridiculous and serving no benefit to this thread what so ever.

If I upset someone with my comments then I can only apologise. Once again I am wrong and am glad because at least we know it wasnt due to health concerns related to Ian or his family. Unfortunately on a football forum, whether it be me getting it wrong about one of the reasons behind McCalls leaving or Kni's guess about Maxwell storming out of Firhill in a huff, because people dont know the reasons behind something you will always get the wrong conculsions being guessed at.

As said by a few others I feel was a really good Manager and unless its by his own choice wont be out of work long. On the field and in Structure he left us with a really good legacy which is not easy at all in these financial climates

What does "General Manager" mean at all?

Is it a Director of Football-type role - hiring, firing, contracts, dealing with agents?

or is an office box-wallah function, like Alan Dick used to do?

No harm to Maxi (whom I don't know at all), but what sets him apart as suitable for either of these roles?

Once again it is clear tha TH is still working the Board from behind.

That will continue to prevent me from giving one penny more than the entrance money to the club until he's gone.