Will This Man Be The New Partick Thistle Manager?

Lindau

Been spotted regularly in West End over past 2 months, quoted as being gutted when McCall beat him to the jags job the last time, great friend of Bannerman....the clues are all there. Step forward.....Dickie Gough!!!!

Was he not seriously considered before McCall got the job?

Was he not seriously considered before McCall got the job?

Yep he has been quoted big time twice, when Campbell and McCall got the job. He has been quoted as being gutted when he was overlooked, stating that he was great friends with Bannerman and it looked like he had been lined up for the job, but didnt get it. Personally with all his contacts in the game, I would take him in a minute...when he does his punditry on the telly he he appears to be a very astute guy

Admin, can you merge this with the "who's next" thread?

:wall:

If u dont like the thread, dont comment!!! In due course come the announcement of the permanent new manager you will thank me for this post believe me!!.

Keep bangin yer head!

If u dont like the thread, dont comment!!! In due course come the announcement of the permanent new manager you will thank me for this post believe me!!.

Keep bangin yer head!

Who said I didn't like it, or what you posted?

I'm away to start 15 threads, each dedicated to potential managers. :rolleyes:

Instead of posting on the specific thread, dedicated to potential new managers.

Who said I didn't like it, or what you posted?

I'm away to start 15 threads, each dedicated to potential managers. :rolleyes:

Instead of posting on the specific thread, dedicated to potential new managers.

Well I would think the fact that you are bangin yer head means you dont like the thread!!! Simples

Gough WILL be in the frame as the new PERMANENT manager....believe me, this aint a rumour!!

Well I would think the fact that you are bangin yer head means you dont like the thread!!! Simples

Gough WILL be in the frame as the new PERMANENT manager....believe me, this aint a rumour!!

I have no issue with your post or opinion.

What i find frustrating, is when you end up with multiple threads on the same topic.

Maybe I also find it weird that you chose to start a brand new thread, and haven't nade one post on the thread dedictaed to the subject.

As for your opinion, I doubt that this will happen.

We did the same thing when Brown Mcmaster gave his mate DC the job, then continued to plough cash at him, as he was his mate... Where did that get us?

To give your pal a job, just cause he's your pal, and not on his merits is bloody mental. But hey, maybe it's cert, then!

:thinking: Got house in West End I think. Seems a decent enough bloke,however, enjoys a good bevvy and groping birds, must be trying to deny "the incident"

Thought having just parted company with one baggage carrying manager was enough

Edited by jagfox

I have no issue with your post or opinion.

What i find frustrating, is when you end up with multiple threads on the same topic.

Maybe I also find it weird that you chose to start a brand new thread, and haven't nade one post on the thread dedictaed to the subject.

As for your opinion, I doubt that this will happen.

We did the same thing when Brown Mcmaster gave his mate DC the job, then continued to plough cash at him, as he was his mate... Where did that get us?

To give your pal a job, just cause he's your pal, and not on his merits is bloody mental. But hey, maybe it's cert, then!

No problems mate. All I am doing is giving out a wee whisper that was text to me last night about 11.30pm. I was in The Hall in Sauchiehall St,didnt know McCall was away, and all the text said was "Gough in the frame" It came from a very good source!!!

Personally I thought he did a great job at Livi, he still has property in the West End, I certainly dont see him as a risk. I see McNamara being more of a risk. I for one would be happy if he got the job and I think he has the prescence to stand up to the BOD

Edited by Lindau

What exactly would standing up to the BOD mean from a new manager? Demanding money to spend that we clearly don't have? :unknw:

We all have our favourites, but being on the same party circuit as one of the directors doesn't strike me as a valid qualification to put you in the running for the post. Maybe if he'd built up a managerial track record since the last time the Thistle job was vacant, but he can't say that.

We're in a very precarious position and this is a huge decision to be made.

What exactly would standing up to the BOD mean from a new manager? Demanding money to spend that we clearly don't have? :unknw:

We all have our favourites, but being on the same party circuit as one of the directors doesn't strike me as a valid qualification to put you in the running for the post. Maybe if he'd built up a managerial track record since the last time the Thistle job was vacant, but he can't say that.

We're in a very precarious position and this is a huge decision to be made.

Agreed DU.

I think Tom Hughes must be a contender. After all when you wear 47 hats, it must be almost negligible to add a 48th, and I am sure he has total self-belief that he would be very good at the job, might even lecture the other managers in Scotland about how much better than them he is in the national press.

No, it means he probably would have the clout to say to the directors that if they want him for the job they would have to give him reasonable funds to get the club moving towards where we want to be. The club might have no money but the directors certainly do. Its time to dig into YOUR pockets boys!! My feelings on McNamara is that if h gets the job, it will be the first step on the managerial ladder for him and he would probably accept any pittance that the directors threw at him, just to get the job. That all being said, I will be up cheering on Jackie and the guys today!!

Edited by Lindau

I passed Richard Gough on Byers Road when walking home from the midweek game with QOTS a few weeks ago.

This probably has absolutely no bearing on whether he'd be interested or whether we'd take him on, but I thought I'd let everyone know anyway.

I once passed him by on Hyndland Road. He spotted that I was wearing a thistle top and said 'alright'. I've always taken this as a sign he likes us. He did train with us for a month or so about 5 years ago, didn't he? A team of him and Jackie wouldn't be terrible. Not sure if Jackie would be interested in that though.

I passed Richard Gough on Byers Road when walking home from the midweek game with QOTS a few weeks ago.

This probably has absolutely no bearing on whether he'd be interested or whether we'd take him on, but I thought I'd let everyone know anyway.

Thats good of you.!! I met Jim Duffy in the Swallow hotel gym changing room when i jinked in for a pish. Just saying.