David Beattie

Mr Bunny

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the biggest mystery still surrounds McCall's resignation if it was "not football related".

Let's wait and see.

To be fair, he didn't give us some waffle, he just said up front he couldn't discuss it (except to say it wasn't anything to do with cutting costs - a reply I suppose to rumours that McCall had been asked to take a pay cut.

Still leaves a lot of questions unanswered but it was good that he took some time to do the Q&A.

Couple of us were told on saturday that McCall was asked to take pay cut. Person seemed pretty adamant it was true. Do wonder if we will ever know what really happened. Whatever the reasons he has gone now and Jackie gets my full support.

My guess as to what happened to Ian is that, like everyone's favourite cuddly (now former) director, his face simply didn't fit anymore. The circumstances were right for both parties and Ian left.

I can't add anything to the rumours flying about but I will say that Ian, like many managers before him, probably drove the board up the wall over budgets. I believe the appointment of Ian's successor is an exercise and I hope that a player-turned-manager will be good for Thistle. There's always a first.

I assume that all is well with the club financially and we'll just have to wait until the summer for the unfolding of the grand plan to put the club back on the road to prosperity.

My guess as to what happened to Ian is that, like everyone's favourite cuddly (now former) director, his face simply didn't fit anymore. The circumstances were right for both parties and Ian left.

I can't add anything to the rumours flying about but I will say that Ian, like many managers before him, probably drove the board up the wall over budgets. I believe the appointment of Ian's successor is an exercise and I hope that a player-turned-manager will be good for Thistle. There's always a first.

I assume that all is well with the club financially and we'll just have to wait until the summer for the unfolding of the grand plan to put the club back on the road to prosperity.

Unfortunately I am far from convinced that the club have one.

Will never happen until the Club is rid of Cowan, Hughes and Prentice completely.

This, and Matt's post made me think - is this as close to a warning shot across the club's bow about a boycott as we'll get? Is this the opinion of most fans or merely the most vocal fans on this forum? Curious. :thinking:

This, and Matt's post made me think - is this as close to a warning shot across the club's bow about a boycott as we'll get? Is this the opinion of most fans or merely the most vocal fans on this forum? Curious. :thinking:

I just can't see a prosperous future for the Club with them three still involved. PTFC for them is just their wee Saturday get together, show off the blazers.

They should have advertised and handed the Club over to potential investors/buyers after it was clear they weren't capable of running a football club efficiently.

Now though, they'll never leave unless someone buys their shares. They see themselves as guardians but they've proved to be the complete opposite.

I was at hospitality on Boxing Day and they still act as if they own the place. It's pathetic. They're all on a massive power trip.

That was Dave McParland.

McCall gives his version in evening times. Unfortunately not online yesterday but paper copy is out

I certainly seems that there was no "bust up" within the club. I reckon McCall's been quietly told by somebody at another club that there's very likely a job that he'd be the favourite to land in a couple of weeks.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying the family line. It might be unfair, it might be inorant, but it's my view based on the telling line about McCall applying for jobs in the summer.

I'm sure the club could have arranged a sabbatical for McCall should any family situation have required immediate attention, placing McNamara in temporary charge of team affairs.

Little pact there, I reckon. We'll say one thing and you keep the message consistent. Not the first time that course of would have been decided upon at Firhill and I doubt it'll be the last.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying the family line. It might be unfair, it might be inorant, but it's my view based on the telling line about McCall applying for jobs in the summer.

I'm sure the club could have arranged a sabbatical for McCall should any family situation have required immediate attention, placing McNamara in temporary charge of team affairs.

Little pact there, I reckon. We'll say one thing and you keep the message consistent. Not the first time that course of would have been decided upon at Firhill and I doubt it'll be the last.

thats got to be about as close to it as anyone has said yet

There are 2 rumours doing the rounds about why McCall left, Beatties comments put the one about McCall leaving because of a reduced budget to bed. So it must be the other one then...

*content deleted due to libelous comments*

There are lots of rumours doing the rounds which is a lot more than 2. We also dont know that anyone of them ahs any substance to it either.

As for Beatties comments putting one to board I am sure there are a lot of Jags fans who dont completely trust word for word what various directors have to say.

Some thing that got me thinking was McCall's statement regarding the playing surface and the Warriors. At one of the open nights he made it perfectly clear that the relationship with the warriors was a very strong one that benefited both parties and for the foreseeable future he wanted it to continue. At that time the park was not in a good state but he never once indicated that having the warriors at firhill was a factor in our style of play. He also mentioned attendances and felt that despite some success on the park, the crowds were not returning, nor did he feel they would, regardless of how the team were doing.

In the article he seems to be indicating a change of stance, particularly where the warriors are concerned.

Morton have arguably one of the best playing surfaces in scotland.....their attendances are every bit as low if not worse than ours. I just don't think the state of the pitch is the reason why attendances have dropped.

There are lots of rumours doing the rounds which is a lot more than 2. We also dont know that anyone of them ahs any substance to it either.

As for Beatties comments putting one to board I am sure there are a lot of Jags fans who dont completely trust word for word what various directors have to say.

.....and there lies part of the problem with the club. It doesn't matter what Beattie says or what actions he tries to take to attempt to move the club forward. Some of the fans will not forget the past or attempt to move on. Of course there are many reasons to be angry about failings of the board over the years but some of the critism has been over the top and as i say some just don't appear to want to move on.

People can say what they want about Beattie and of course they are entitled to but in his time taking over the running of the club or at least as being the voice from the boardroom, he has tried to build bridges and listen to us. Some have welcomed that , others have chosen to throw it back in his face.

One thing I've learnt over the course of this season is we are not a support united in bringing success to Partick Thistle. If we ain't fighting with the board, it's the Jags Trust. If not the Trust it's in house fighting in the stands. If not there then it's the fighting on here.

Of course a good arguement is all fair and well and we ain't all going to agree on how best to take the club forward...but for too long now we as a group of supporters have been pointing the finger at anything and everyone but ourselves.

May be next season we can see a greater togetherness amoungst the support and a real effort to bring some good times back to Firhill. I hope we can but it will take a huge effort on all our parts.