League 37% 25% 38%

Others 53% 19% 28%

Total 40% 24% 36%

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that info.

In terms of results, a distinctly average record, it must be said.

If those results were broken down into home and away then I think the latter would be truly shocking.

His best legacy is the youth set-up; on-field legacy, apart from maybe the draw at the hunnery, is nothing to remember with great fondness.

Thanks for that info.

If those results were broken down into home and away then I think the latter would be truly shocking.

His best legacy is the youth set-up; on-field legacy, apart from maybe the draw at the hunnery, is nothing to remember with great fondness.

Splitting it H and A would have been too big a job! Oh, forgot to add that the figures ignore penalty shoot-outs.

Thanks for that info.

On looking at the stats I have to fully agree with you.

McCall's done ok if the money problems are as bad as are to be believed. Am sad he's gone. Half-decent managers should be kept for as long as possible, eg in his case to get the youth set delivering.

Am slightly sceptical about the prospect of another untried ex-player taking over permanently. Not a great success in the past - Derek Johnstone, Britton and Whyte, Sandy Clark...

Does anyone know how our annual budget compares to others?

Splitting it H and A would have been too big a job! Oh, forgot to add that the figures ignore penalty shoot-outs.

That was in the programme from the weekend...

League Home P69 W31 D19 L19 F87 A54

League Away P70 W20 D16 L34 F75 A96

Scot Cup Home P6 W3 D1 L2 F6 A7

Scot Cup Away P7 W2 D3 L2 F9 A11

League Cup Home P9 W3 D2 L4 F14 A13

League Cup Away P2 W2 D0 L0 F3 A1

Chal Cup Home P7 W6 D0 L1 F15 A8

Chal Cup Away P5 W3 D1 L1 F12 A5

TOTAL P175 W70 D42 L63 F221 A195

The figures only tell half the story. They don`t include what a shambles the club was in when he took over.

Can anyone say that the club he left is`nt in a far better condition than the one he took over?

A really good manager who some of our support never fully appreciated and one who will be sadly missed unless the idiots on the board absolutely fluke the next appointment

The figures only tell half the story. They don`t include what a shambles the club was in when he took over.

Can anyone say that the club he left is`nt in a far better condition than the one he took over?

A really good manager who some of our support never fully appreciated and one who will be sadly missed unless the idiots on the board absolutely fluke the next appointment

That's imo completely correct right up to the last wee bit at least. McCall's principal legacy is not his win/lose ratio rather that he's left the infrastructure within the playing side of the Club that much healthier. That legacy should be enough to ensure the Board don't have to fluke the next appointment.

Ironically I sense, despite lunacy in the boardroom, there's a decent chance McCall might not be missed simply because of the playing set up he left us with.

That's imo completely correct right up to the last wee bit at least. McCall's principal legacy is not his win/lose ratio rather that he's left the infrastructure within the playing side of the Club that much healthier. That legacy should be enough to ensure the Board don't have to fluke the next appointment.

Ironically I sense, despite lunacy in the boardroom, there's a decent chance McCall might not be missed simply because of the playing set up he left us with.

Correct up to a point but surely the case can be made that one of the reasons we now have an infrastructure of sorts is that McCall was fiercely protective of what he had put in place. He shielded it from the worst of the downsizing of the club. Move on to the end of the season.......

`Hi, congratulations on your appointment. It`s unfortunate but we`re going to do away with the youth team set up on cost grounds and this will make the scouting system redundant allowing us another saving`

This was McCall`s real value to the club and now that his influence and intransigance has been removed I fear the worst.

Correct up to a point but surely the case can be made that one of the reasons we now have an infrastructure of sorts is that McCall was fiercely protective of what he had put in place. He shielded it from the worst of the downsizing of the club. Move on to the end of the season.......

`Hi, congratulations on your appointment. It`s unfortunate but we`re going to do away with the youth team set up on cost grounds and this will make the scouting system redundant allowing us another saving`

This was McCall`s real value to the club and now that his influence and intransigance has been removed I fear the worst.

I can understand from recent history why you would be concerned about this but I think that in this instance things will be different and the youth system will be safe.

Can't say the above wasn't on my mind, HJ. Think tho' at present the youth structure is viewed as cost effective.

At present :thinking:

Surely the cup games are only going to skew the figures?

In any one season in any cup competition, you're only going to lose one game (and maybe none if you go out on penalties).

There's also no accounting for the level of opposition you might face in cup competitions.

Agree. And moronic too. If anyone has criticisms, lay them out so they can be agreed/argued with. Even if the object is just to insult him, they ought to try and be less infantile.

I've spent the last couple of years calling out McCall on his weaknesses. He is now gone and not worth it.

i felt... he didnt want to be at firhill plain and simple, i heard things about him from former players & thistle fans alike.

it may have just been a dislike ive always had for him, Regardless of him being the manager. If we have a player who i dont like.. im not gonna cover it up for example, leigh hinds or adam strachan. Im not gonna change my judgement for the fact they join thistle.

if diouf played for thistle.. i wouldnt go

So, all you football experts, those who never liked him, those who never rated him and those who heard things about him (???), did he or did he not leave a club in better condition than the one he inherited? Simple question but I`ll make it easy for you........ We either improved because of him, we improved despite him or we did`nt improve