Congratulations.........

The Main Stand

Grudgingly well done. They do try and play decent football.

Think I'd be right in saying we came off even stevens in the head to head with them. Pretty much the same head to head with both Raith and Falkirk as well. That has to tell us something :unsure:

That with a bit of luck and hard work we can challenge next season !!

yeh - that we are RUBBISH when it comes to Stirling, Cowdenbeath and Morton!

Correct. With 35 games played, which is surely enough to draw a credible conclusion, we can see that we can rise to the occasion against the better performing sides but struggle against the teams that had no aspirations of winning the league.

In my mind we've struggled to get the necessary killer instinct to be successful but I wouldn't confuse that with saying the players lack the bottle.

Fair play to Dunfermline. They're the best team in the league, their manager is a decent guy and I have nothing against their fans.

I also expect them to survive in the SPL comfortably next season, making a mockery of the theory that 1st Division teams are inferior to SPL relegation threatened teams.

Fair play to Dunfermline. They're the best team in the league, their manager is a decent guy and I have nothing against their fans.

I also expect them to survive in the SPL comfortably next season, making a mockery of the theory that 1st Division teams are inferior to SPL relegation threatened teams.

What tho' if the Doncaster nutter gets his way and three clubs are relegated? How do the Pars prepare for the SPL with that uncertainty hingin' about?

Don't forget that at the time of our demotion from the SPL Yorkston of Dunfermline was publicly announcing that the game NEEDS promotion and relegation.

I fully expect Dunfermline's position now to become one of feeling that there should be an exclusive 10-team league, then of course when they get relegated again when their position will change to saying that we need a 16-team league, until they get promoted again.....ad nauseam. That's the mindset that is holding back real development.

Don't forget that at the time of our demotion from the SPL Yorkston of Dunfermline was publicly announcing that the game NEEDS promotion and relegation.

I fully expect Dunfermline's position now to become one of feeling that there should be an exclusive 10-team league, then of course when they get relegated again when their position will change to saying that we need a 16-team league, until they get promoted again.....ad nauseam. That's the mindset that is holding back real development.

His recent utterances have been close to a direct opposite of his patter in his SPL days. Yorkston has undoubtedly got a split personality but deep down he's good people.

I get over to Glsagow for 1 game a season, this season it was vs Dunfermline at the end of January ( 2-0 Jags). That day we played them off the park and Dunfermline were really poor. It's hard to believe that the team i saw that day were the best team throughout the year.

In the last four seasons we've turned over the eventual league winners once each time at Firhill.

2007-08: Hamilton (3-0)

2008-09: St Johnstone (4-0)

2009-10: ICT (2-1)

2010-11: Dunfermline (2-0)

So basically if you want to win this league, you have to lose to us at Firhill first.

I get over to Glsagow for 1 game a season, this season it was vs Dunfermline at the end of January ( 2-0 Jags). That day we played them off the park and Dunfermline were really poor. It's hard to believe that the team i saw that day were the best team throughout the year.

They did sign several players about then (and after) who probably made the difference - in particular Hardie.

I have to say, being able to do that seems to be the key. We won't but no doubt Dundee and whoever comes down from the SPL will so we're unlikely to get promoted next year. All I'd hope for is that we manage to put some kind of challenge that lasts through most of the season. Need a lot of like with injuries and the like.

Edited by Mr Bunny

They did sign several players about then (and after) who probably made the difference - in particular Hardie.

I have to say, being able to do that seems to be the key. We won't but no doubt Dundee and whoever comes down from the SPL will so we're unlikely to get promoted next year. All I'd hope for is that we manage to put some kind of challenge that lasts through most of the season. Need a lot of like with injuries and the like.

Not so sure Accies will. St Mirren on the other hand would likely dip into their pockets even to keep hold of SPL level players or bring a few in. I would tho' imagine we'll get considerably more thru the gate than Hamilton will ever bring.

Not so sure Accies will. St Mirren on the other hand would likely dip into their pockets even to keep hold of SPL level players or bring a few in. I would tho' imagine we'll get considerably more thru the gate than Hamilton will ever bring.

You're probably right that down to thier low crowds Hamilton will not spend so much as any other club that might come down. They are financially sounder than us though and will have a parachute payment so I'd assume they'll have a decent squad and will be better able than us of making good signings in a January window.

Provided we make the right signings and have a bit of luck with injuries I can see us making a challenge but can't really see us sustaining it all through the season. Unless we do exceptionally well in the first half fo the season and that brings in enough extra gate money to encourage the board to push the boat out a little.

Congratulations to Dunfermline for being marginally better than the rest of the distinctly average league. Hats off.

They only won the league by adding to an already big squad come January. Buchanan, Hardie, Hyde, Bayne, Rutkiewicz. It's a well done for spending money they don't have & just adding it to the £11M debt they already have.

But he had a really tight budget to work under according to Billy Dodds..

I think if we are in a good position to achieve promotion come next January, the board would finance a signing or 2 that may help us over the line. Even if that's just a couple of good loan players in, I think they're more likely to provide the funding than the previous board.

Yes but it depends us getting off to a good start and maintaining a bit of momentum for a few months. We can but hope.

They only won the league by adding to an already big squad come January. Buchanan, Hardie, Hyde, Bayne, Rutkiewicz. It's a well done for spending money they don't have & just adding it to the £11M debt they already have.

But he had a really tight budget to work under according to Billy Dodds..

From memory it was £11.7M debt as of 31/05/09.

I'm sure they announced a further loss of 800k in Feb2011 for the period up to 31/05/10.

They claim they will break even this year (suppose the 'derbies' against likes of Raith, Falkirk and even Cowden will have helped their income this season to at least try balance the costs of a 30+ playing squad).

I think it's fair to say that DAFC's debt is in reality closer to £13M right now than £11M, but whats a couple of mill between friends in soft loans?