What Was ?

Jaggy1967

As the topic says .. your highlight of the season was ........

Beating Falkirk 1-0 at home in the league and listening to bawheid Pressley on that website going on about how they were the superior footballing team etc. Tremendous.

Also, the picture on this site of Paddy Boyle scoring at Raith Rovers. A truly iconic snapshot.

Annan away was a great away day to start the season. Just a shame the game was absolutely dreadful but anyway.

Doolan's late equalizer away at Falkirk in the cup. Looked as if it would be same old Thistle but we got what we deserved in the end. When was the last time we scored such an important goal away from home in front of our own fans? I couldn't remember. Went crazy up the back when the goal went in with folk falling over seats :lol:.

Beating Falkirk 1v0 in the Cup replay. I love the Scottish cup and that was a big game for us. Shame about the draw after that but a good night.

Beating Raith Rovers 2v0 at Kirkcaldy. We absolutely battered them and played them off the park that day. A wee bit of revenge after the opening day of the season shambles at the same stadium.

Beating Falkirk 3v2 last month in Falkirk. Played a lot of good stuff day and all the goals were brilliant. The Falkirk fans banner of Pressley was a good laugh, as was denting their promotion hopes.

Beating Dundee at home 1v0. Best response you could ask for after the disgrace in Kirkcaldy the week before. A great battling performance

Edited by northernsoul

Signing Fox.If we had had him from the start of the season we might have been right up there at the end.

Beating Brown shoes mob 1-0 in the cup.

Seeing ,at last, some young players coming through the ranks that actually look as if they might make it.

Not really a lot to shout about this season eh?

1. Signing Scott Fox

2. The improved form and consistency of Paddy Boyle and Kris Doolan.

3. Beating the Pars at East End Park (the only team to do so)

4. Beating Rovers 2-0 at Starks Park.

Edited by kni

This time last season, people were talking about throwing their (admittedly used) season books onto the pitch at the end of the game in some sort of protest/statement about how they saw the season had gone. i.e. badly. No idea if this acually happened - Doolans last minute wonder goal might have put paid to this.

Nothing of the sort being discussed this year. Are we all in a happier place?

I certainly think it has been a lot better - I was sick of watching us play well and lose 1-0. Not that there haven't been crap games - just more positives than negative this season I think.

• Members

The turning point of the season for me was Paddy Boyle's goal against Dundee at Firhill at the start of the season. We had been really poor up till then and folk still were hoping that we could get rid of Paddy. I think that goal changed his season and certainly helped change the course ours was taking.