Who Do We Want

Chicofan

Looking at the play off teams I reckon I would rather have any other team up rather than have Cowdenbeath stay up.

Ayr and Brechin would both be decent away days, not so sure about Forfar away not done that away trip for about 20 years.

So who wants who???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayr - They would bring a half decent support, while Somerset is a dump I always enjoy going there as it generates an atmosphere

I note tho' where you stay, PT :) . I'm not so certain Ayr will bring their usual level of support unless we have an early fixture at Firhill and/or they're doing better than expected.

From my own selfish point I'm losing the Binos and the Pars both only about 20 mins from my house. Cowdenbeath ain't much further either so from the diesel aspect I should want them to stay up and Hamilton to come down.

I should add that even with my love of hedges Brechin isn't exactly a great away day. The place is like a ghost town these days unless you have a love of charity shops and soulless hotel bars. Forfar and Ayr offer more, tho' the former like Brechin has no rail link.

I've never been to the new St Mirren place and they'd certainly bring better crowds to Firhill than Accies. That said Morton would be the major benefactors if Hamilton were able to stay up and besides St Mirren's new ground looks like it has all the appeal of Almondvale.

Think I'd be happy enough with Accies and Cowden in Div 1 next season but I so want Ayr to do well if Bannigan plays.

Cowdenbeath was a surprisingly good away day (in comparison to other clubs in the vacinity) but I would rather see them replaced. Somerset Park is good and plenty of decent pubs in Ayr.

But I've never been to Brechin and not been to Forfar since I was a little nipper so either of them for me.

Ayr has everything when it comes to an away day - easily reachable by train from Central, lots of pubs in the centre and a ground that's easily reachable from them, a covered terrace that creates a good atmosphere (anyone else remember that time the Ayr goalie, can't remember his name, was at the Thistle end at Somerset after he had been outed as a cheat on Family Fortunes or something similar? Classic stuff. 'Give that f**king speedboat back'!), an ex-Thistle legend up front who always gets a good reception. It has to be Ayr, if I didn't live here it would be a certainty on the calendar.

Ayr up and St Mirren down although I'll be happy with anyone winning the playoffs bar Cowdenbeath.

4 of the 6 Fife trips gone in the space of a season, magic.

Never really thought about how is coming down..hope st Mirren come down too..good support they will bring to Firhill plus Piasley is 10 mins away from me :)

Ayr - out with Rangers and Celtic I think I most of my mates fan base would be Ayr.

And my flatmate is an Ayr fan, would be nice to beat them 4 times a season.

Also I will be in attendance for Ayr v Forfar on Saturday, I do like Somerset.

I'll agree there! :thumbsup2:

Ayr up, St Mirren down.

Agree

Ayr is a good day out, Cowdenbeath were a bit of of a bogey team, Forfar is to far even allowing for their bridies and Brechin is even further.

St Mirren just to tick another ground off and I have never liked the Accies, due to past encounters on their plastic pitch and the wee naff due to his previous connections with the worst team in Scotland - official.

Will miss the Stephen's bridies.

Ayr has everything when it comes to an away day - easily reachable by train from Central, lots of pubs in the centre and a ground that's easily reachable from them, a covered terrace that creates a good atmosphere (anyone else remember that time the Ayr goalie, can't remember his name, was at the Thistle end at Somerset after he had been outed as a cheat on Family Fortunes or something similar? Classic stuff. 'Give that f**king speedboat back'!), an ex-Thistle legend up front who always gets a good reception. It has to be Ayr, if I didn't live here it would be a certainty on the calendar.

MARK McGEOWN reneged on an agreement (allegedly) to split any winnings with the coachload he travelled with to appear on "The Price is Right"

Why's that? :unsure:

Not so much Ayr I think, though I'd guess they'd be better than Stirling were this season but Livvy are coming up and they will be strong (though probably not strong enough to challenge for promotion immediately). So it will be tougher this season .. though hopefully we'll have team that will be fighting to get promoted rather than struggling to stay up.