Pre-Season Friendlies 2011/2012

Smurph

WTF you on about, where's the excitement?

OK, I give in. Where's the excitement?

What's a fanboy

Clicky

and who says Thistle are gona be doin huddle?

OK, I give in again. Who says they are? I was referring to the adoration and salivation from a section of the Thistle support when they did last season.

Did you wake up all grumpy this morning?

No. I let her have a lie in.

stop reading waaaay too much into

I don't think I am reading too much into this. But you have your opinion and I'll have mine.

FTOF

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clicky

OK, I give in again. Who says they are? I was referring to the adoration and salivation from a section of the Thistle support when they did last season.

I don't think I am reading too much into this. But you have your opinion and I'll have mine.

FTOF

Sick to death of this crap that if Celtic or Rangers do something then the the Jags shouldn't.

Celtic don't had copyright on a huddle. Plenty of sports teams all over the world have been doing them for years.

So they Jags did one last season. Did we win the game at which it was done...YEAH. Sadly too many got all hung up on fact we did one that actually celebrating the win that night.

It was nothing other than a group of sportsman getting fired up and going on to win a match. It had feck all to do with Celtic.

Mon The Jags

Sick to death of this crap that if Celtic or Rangers do something then the the Jags shouldn't.

Celtic don't had copyright on a huddle. Plenty of sports teams all over the world have been doing them for years.

So they Jags did one last season. Did we win the game at which it was done...YEAH. Sadly too many got all hung up on fact we did one that actually celebrating the win that night.

It was nothing other than a group of sportsman getting fired up and going on to win a match. It had feck all to do with Celtic.

Mon The Jags

Ok then Lenny. Geez the sash :P

Hmm, I never particularly like to see the h*ns or tims at Firhill, but accept it for the money we get and the possibility of a rare victory over them. But some of the reactions on here to the news that we'll be playing a tims 11 in a pre-season friendly seem OTT. I don't remember any such reactions, for example, when a tims 11 came over to play in the Kenny Arthur testimonial. Or the Molly Stallon match, for that matter.

Edited by Jaggernaut

I'm really looking forward to this one.

I'd just conciled myself to enduring the horror of the close season. That annual torture when I am obliged to spend several weeks making small talk with my wife, when this friendly game with one of Glasgow's scummy arse cheeks was announced. A glimmer of hope! A small beacon to aim towards! One glorious afternoon when I can escape from the house, see a game and go to the pub afterwards!

See, there IS a God!

p.s. Celtic are the ones that play in green, right?

Clicky

FTOF

I liked that, the rest kinda bored me.

Our boys are out fighting in afghanistan fighting the international arm of terrorism at the moment some of them thistle fans brave heroes.While our brave lads fight the terrorists in foreign lands.Here at the home front we're inviting them for friendlies and letting them sleep in the back door.People in this country need to get back the spirit of the falklands and dunkirk to ward off the threat at home from the evil of the ira and the mayhem they intend to cause with bombs and bullets.

Something i can sure we can all argee on is totally unacceptable and a return to NI's dark past which isn't needed or wanted by the vast majority of peacefull people on both sides

It's scandalous.On the 16th of july we need the full spirit of the british bulldog at firhill to show the terrorists and there sympathizers.We'll never surrender to terror of any kind.Every single thistle player in the game should wear a poppy with the date of the battle of the somme above there chest.Donate the away gate receipts to the British legion

Lets Show them we're not ashamed to be british in our own country.

Our boys are out fighting in afghanistan fighting the international arm of terrorism at the moment some of them thistle fans brave heroes.While our brave lads fight the terrorists in foreign lands.Here at the home front we're inviting them for friendlies and letting them sleep in the back door.People in this country need to get back the spirit of the falklands and dunkirk to ward off the threat at home from the evil of the ira and the mayhem they intend to cause with bombs and bullets.

Something i can sure we can all argee on is totally unacceptable and a return to NI's dark past which isn't needed or wanted by the vast majority of peacefull people on both sides

It's scandalous.On the 16th of july we need the full spirit of the british bulldog at firhill to show the terrorists and there sympathizers.We'll never surrender to terror of any kind.Every single thistle player in the game should wear a poppy with the date of the battle of the somme above there chest.Donate the away gate receipts to the British legion

Excellent post.

Is it at all possible that we can be allowed to hate the old firm and all they stand for, for all they hold back and blight Scottish football YET still accept the fact that a pre-season friendly against them will no doubt make us money? This game is early enough in the summer for the proceeds to be put to the wage of a new player. It may be overstating it slightly, but if we get a high enough attendance, it could positivly affect our whole season.

I don't care who they send to play us. For every fan we've got on here who go to our friendly/reserve/youth games they'll also have fans who'll turn up at Firhill, pay their £15 (or whatever) just to watch a team that represents their club. If this is putting money into our club, I welcome it. I'm pretty certain that people who I work with who are Celtic fans but don't get to games will head up to Firhill to see this one, and I hope they do.

I think we've got our own affairs to worry about before FTOF or indeed F anyone at all. Our clubs is a bit of a shitey wee diddy wee club, worry about our own affairs. far too many thistle fans are more anti old firm than pro thistle. get a life and worry about thistle and no1 else. this game will make us a few bob hopefully and get us a runabout. what more can u ask for in a pre season friendly. sort yourselves out squires.

Nice try.

Count me out of your campaign. I'm Scottish, don't consider myself "British", and do not support British military involvement in either Afghanistan or Libya.

Frankly, your post is bonkers.

Count me out of your campaign. I'm Scottish, don't consider myself "British", and do not support British military involvement in either Afghanistan or Libya.

Frankly, your post is bonkers.

Nothing wrong with being British (I'm one quarter English myself) but there's different kinds of British - there's a liberal-democratic British tradition as well as jingoistic, militaristic (sub BNP like) British one.

Just like there's a fine Scottish tradition involving the enlightenment, ideals of social equality (not modern Labour mind you) etc. contrasted against pseudo-religious bigotry which we still suffer from.

Politically we're all British - until we vote for independence - and our Scottishness is partly tradition and partly political (as we're supposed to be part of a union not merely absorbed into a British state). Whether we're British or Scottish, neither makes one better or worse than the other. Plenty of Scots agree with the military involvement - just as plenty of Scots and English and Welsh and Northern Irish disagree with it.

Claims that being Scottish is better than being British (in sense of talking about the people, as the politics is a different case) is falling into a trap of a kind of bigotry.

BTW talking of traps, BB is a troll and he caught you very neatly.

Edited by Mr Bunny

1. Nothing wrong with being British (I'm one quarter English myself) but there's different kinds of British - there's a liberal-democratic British tradition as well as jingoistic, militaristic (sub BNP like) British one.

Just like there's a fine Scottish tradition involving the enlightenment, ideals of social equality (not modern Labour mind you) etc. contrasted against pseudo-religious bigotry which we still suffer from.

Politically we're all British - until we vote for independence - and our Scottishness is partly tradition and partly political (as we're supposed to be part of a union not merely absorbed into a British state). 2. Whether we're British or Scottish, neither makes one better or worse than the other. Plenty of Scots agree with the military involvement - just as plenty of Scots and English and Welsh and Northern Irish disagree with it.

3. Claims that being Scottish is better than being British (in sense of talking about the people, as the politics is a different case) is falling into a trap of a kind of bigotry.

BTW talking of traps, 4. BB is a troll and he caught you very neatly.

1. I never said there was.

2. Agreed.

3. Who made such claims?

4. Yes, he's trolling, but he didn't catch me. What he was hoping for was some union-jack flag waving, orange brigade response, which thankfully nobody has given. That lot are just as unwelcome as the other lot, but again, I'm not averse to taking their money then having nothing whatsoever to do with them.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Try and find an EDL forum, altough it's possible you're already a member :thumbdown:

Edited by jagfox

Claims that being Scottish is better than being British (in sense of talking about the people, as the politics is a different case) is falling into a trap of a kind of bigotry.

To be fair, I don't think that is what Jaggernaut was meaning. Many Scots, myself included, simply regard themselves as Scottish and not British and I am guessing that he feels the same. Actually, that is not strictly true, because Scotland is part of the British Isles, so I suppose I will always be British in the same way that a Norweigan or a Swede is Scandinavian. It isn't that one is better than the other, it is just about how you feel. Personally, I don't feel any more affinity with someone from Norfolk or Wales than I do with a German or a Dane and having the same passport doesn't change that. If people feel differently though then I can respect that, although I don't necessarily agree with them.

Anyway, back on topic. I am really looking forward to this friendly with Celtic. Hopefully we will get a decent crowd and make a wee bit of money from it - it would be great to see Firhill with some fans in it for a change!

quote : Celtic don't had copyright on a huddle. Plenty of sports teams all over the world have been doing them for years.

first off all hello everyone!! in fact ive logged on after reading pre season topic just to clarify, "the huddle" as falsely Celtic fans are naming it or "poznan" as english name it has been introduced by fans in Europe for completely diffrent reasons that CFC or MCFC fans r doing that. It was to DISTANCE fans on the terraces from everything going on the pitch, to show they don't care aboot players (aka "shirt-fillers" ) , the team, board, sponsors, SCORES,promotions, relegations, position on the table ( "on the streets Your place in the table does not count") as famously somebody from AS Roma Boys said, basically twisted british fans are copycating something they im afraid av no slightest idea of.......

regards....

Edited by danny_tmk

I'm a wee bit apprehensive about having them over to our place to defecate at random, but as has rightly been pointed out, we really need the loot and it seems a long time ago now since we last had the Tims at Firhill, so I'm slightly curious about catering arrangements: do they eat the same sorts of foodstuff as us? I was thinking along the lines of dug food and scraggy dods of raw meat at hyper-inflated prices. You know the old saying: a fool and his giro are soon parted.