Paddy Boyle

twinny

...for Dunfermline :thumbdown:

Oh well, we knew it would happen and all the best to him. We told him he could find a new club last summer so he owes us nothing. Hopefully Lindsay will be so good that we're saying Paddy Who next year.

At least he won't be playing against us next season (unless we get them in the cup). Now that's sorted the manager has one less distraction and can concentrate on bringing in another left sided defender (probably on loan).

Edited by Mr Bunny

Disappointed to lose Paddy. I thought he was a dud when he first signed and thought it was only a matter of time until he was shown the door; I think McCall's assertion that we had signed someone equally as good as Twaddle put a lot of unnecessary pressure on Paddy. Even his loan spell at Clyde wasn't a great success and, as it's been said, it looked a foregone conclusion that he would leave.

But he knuckled down, worked hard and made the left back position his own. He was probably my Player of the Year and there wasn't another left back in the division that I would have rather had. That being said, he's not irreplaceable and hopefully, given time, Lindsay will prove to be a good replacement.

Wish him all the best.

Fair play, he has gone from us trying unsuccessfully trying to offload him to whoever who would take him in the lower leagues to the SPL but decent full backs don’t win you leagues, he will be replaceable and I don’t know how many chances he will get at Dunfermline, if he has a similar start to his career there as he did with us he is done for.

I'm glad if he was going that it's now done & dusted. Would have liked Paddy to stay but the worse scenario was us holding out to the eleventh hour only for him to reject us. Always assuming that Lindsay is a squad signing it now gives us plenty of time to get a suitable replacement.

Btw is Boyle not signed in a position that's currently held by the Pars club captain (McCann)?

I wonder if any other clubs made him offers. DAFC seems a strange choice since they are hot favourites to be back in the first division next year, and they are technically insolvent (then again, what SPL clubs aren't?).

Hope it works out for him, but I'm not convinced. Look at what's happened to Tuffey.

I wonder if any other clubs made him offers. DAFC seems a strange choice since they are hot favourites to be back in the first division next year, and they are technically insolvent (then again, what SPL clubs aren't?).

Hope it works out for him, but I'm not convinced. Look at what's happened to Tuffey.

Maybe he only got 1 year contract offers from other clubs?

With the Fifers, he has a Two year contract, so will be on double if not treble what he would have got from us.

Add in potential bonuses, and he could be another years salary from thistle better off.

If they go down, he will be hoping he performs well enough, manages the step up, and catches the eye of other SPL clubs, so he could stay in SPL if the Fifers come straight back down.

Worse case scenario for him, he ends up back in 1st, and after two years drops back to Div1 contract levels.

.... cos we're skint apparently, and Dunfermline aren't.

...... oh......wait....

Whats another 100 or 150k, in the grand scheme of things, when you are already near £13 million in debt.

Chickenfeed.