Team For Tomorrow

jags365

Given what we've seen pre-season and also with a couple of injuries, I reckon the team pretty much picks itself:

Fox

Paton, Conrad, Willie, Lindsay

Flannigan, Rowson, Bannigan

Stewart, Doolan, Bridge.

subs:

Scully,

Cambpell

Grehan,

Fraser

Burns

If we're allowed trialists then maybe a defender on the bench - though only becuase I can't think who else we would have!

Given what we've seen pre-season and also with a couple of injuries, I reckon the team pretty much picks itself:

Fox

Paton, Conrad, Willie, Lindsay

Flannigan, Rowson, Bannigan

Stewart, Doolan, Bridge.

subs:

Scully,

Cambpell

Grehan,

Fraser

Burns

If we're allowed trialists then maybe a defender on the bench - though only becuase I can't think who else we would have!

More or less agree .. thought Sinclair would be a head of Lindsay though Lindsay on bench as spare defender with maybe Burns dropping out.

On the other hand, I think he'll start with his strongest team but if we get a solid lead bring on the young players in the second half.

Fairly sure we can't play trialists.

Despite it being the Challenge Cup I think we'll go with a strong starting eleven with maybe some of the least experienced lads on the bench. Paton looked like he needed the run out last Saturday, so I'd expect Campbell to be in the squad and maybe even start. Might be worth starting with Grehan if only to give him yet another chance to impress.

One player we'll need to give as much 1st team experience to as possible will be Lindsay. I don't feel it would be wise to put that off as we've little cover on the left defensive side and he could easily be called upon to play for for lengthy periods throughout the season.

........................Fox

Paton.....Balatoni.....Kinniburgh.....Sinclair

.....Flannigan.....Rowson.....Bannigan

.....Stewart.....Doolan.....Erskine

Subs:

Scully

Lindsay

Campbell

Fraser

Grehan

Think we'll play our strongest team.

I agree with above

Agree with 1JL's team.

With it being the first competitive match of the season, the pitch & stadium in tip top condition, good prices set and the weather forecast good I hope that we can attract as many Thistle fans along as possible.

I'll be there. First game for a while.

This week and next week will convince me whether i should pick and choose my games or take the plunge for a ST

I'll be there. First game for a while.

This week and next week will convince me whether i should pick and choose my games or take the plunge for a ST

I think that will be the case for a few people so hopefully the team play well and convince people to get a season ticket. It helps as well that you can still pay for your season ticket by 3 post dated cheques if you want.

Also agree with 1JL's team, though if everything went to plan (which would be a relatively new experience!) would bring on Lindsay and Grehan. (as per Lady I B post)

Campbell is done well enough for us, so unlucky to miss out but would expect him to come on rather than pushing Paton too hard early in the season. That is one position we have good cover for.

wishing good luck to the team tomorrow from the US. hope that your weather is more soccer friendly than here, it's miserably hot and humid. taking my son to Chicago tomorrow to see Man U play Chicago Fire for his birthday. a Jags win would make that much better (despite my efforts, he's a Man U follower). I'll predict 3-1 Jags.

wishing good luck to the team tomorrow from the US. hope that your weather is more soccer friendly than here, it's miserably hot and humid. taking my son to Chicago tomorrow to see Man U play Chicago Fire for his birthday. a Jags win would make that much better (despite my efforts, he's a Man U follower). I'll predict 3-1 Jags.

Enjoy the game Smalltown :thumbsup2:

While we're at it, have you seen this... One for the Nomads

it will be fun, no doubt, just not the team I'd prefer to be watching :)

thanks! I hope you all have a great day at the game there too. always great to spend a day at the pitch with the son

pondering on the Nomads project, may have to wait til next pay day, though. my next utility bill is going to be painful since the air conditioning has been running nonstop for over a week.

it will be fun, no doubt, just not the team I'd prefer to be watching :)

thanks! I hope you all have a great day at the game there too. always great to spend a day at the pitch with the son

pondering on the Nomads project, may have to wait til next pay day, though. my next utility bill is going to be painful since the air conditioning has been running nonstop for over a week.

Switch the air-con off, sweat it out a bit and get your bucks into the pot... you may well have a nice player-worn jags top to show for your sweating at the end of the season! ;)

Edited by Vom Itorium

Subs:

Scully

Lindsay

Campbell

Fraser

Grehan

Think this will be 100% correct.

Subs:

Scully

Lindsay

Campbell

Fraser

Grehan

That line-up shows how exposed we are to injury and suspension. The only possible variation is Campbell coming in for Stewart or Flannigan.

Jim Delahunt is going to attend today's game sporting a DELIGHTFUL new haircut! It was the envy of all who had the honour to witness it last evening when me, Hateley and Tom Boyd were EJECTED from "Azure" for DEMANDING that its name be changed back to VICCYS! Jim Delahunt is going to start his own club called VICCYS where only those on Jim Delahunt's EXCLUSIVE EXECUTIVE list of EXCELLENCE will be permitted entry.

Editing!