New Signing Completed

JamesG

Never heard of him.

I've heard of him. Seems a good signing to me - big, strong lad who can play at centre-half or in midfield. He'll provide the cover we desperately need, both in defence or if Rowson's not available. Welcome to Firhill, Scott. Obviously an ambitious kind of guy if he was prepared to move to Iceland. Hope you get the chance to improve your career further with Thistle!

Mate who works with Albion says he is a very average player, good enough for first division level, his move to Iceland fell through, dont know why but most recently he has been training with Stenhousemuir trying to win a deal there, so I am quite suprised to see him sign for us.

But never the less, all the best Scott Robertson and good luck! mon tha jags!

A very decent sensible guy who hails from Kilmarnock, his dad Johnny was a stalwart rugby player for Kilmarnock when they had a decent team in 1980'S. should be a good addition, strong player on the ball, not frightened to get stuck in.

AJ

know a boy who has played with him before... no real physical build, a centre mid before a centre half.... and yes.... why didn't he last a month in Iceland.

Mate says, he'll do a good job in midfield rather than centre half. But he's no tough tackling ball winner.

Sounds like a guy we know lots about.

Meh. I suppose with the budget the manager has we could do with players who can cover a couple of positions, but he seems a jack of all trades master of none type. Don't expect him to be a regular starter so I'd say I'm more happy than not with the signing.

Now get a striker in Jackie, the depth in the forward position is non existent. **** Neil McCann.

Edited by MWM

Meh. I suppose with the budget the manager has we could do with players who can cover a couple of positions, but he seems a jack of all trades master of none type. Don't expect him to be a regular starter so I'd say I'm more happy than not with the signing.

Now get a striker in Jackie, the depth in the forward position is non existent. **** Neil McCann.

there is no striker coming according to Jackie, we have what we have good or bad and thats that, his priority is defence

I would have preferred Ryan McGowan to return. However, it is surprising that Jackie let Gallacher go after his impressive performances.

Did Gallacher not get an offer to go on trial down south before he was due to play for us against Dunbarton ?

McGowan is in the Hearts first team so no chance of a loan to us .

Did Gallacher not get an offer to go on trial down south before he was due to play for us against Dunbarton ?

McGowan is in the Hearts first team so no chance of a loan to us .

I believe that he's been on trial at Doncaster Rovers but did not get a deal. The Championship is way above our level and wages. McGowan does appear to be in Hearts' first-team squad but is unlikely to be first choice.

I believe that he's been on trial at Doncaster Rovers but did not get a deal. The Championship is way above our level and wages. McGowan does appear to be in Hearts' first-team squad but is unlikely to be first choice.

Been first choice for Hearts first two games. Nothing to suggest that he won't keep his place in the starting xi for time being. Also Kni, and this is not a dig at you, but Jackie did not let Gallacher go. He got a better opportunity and went and tried it. If that move fell through then maybe there is a chance a move to us could yet happen.

Well the manager did say (with absolutely no shame) that we would`nt be signing recognised First Division players. Can`t call him a liar.

I don't recall him saying that, I do recall this quote when Lindsay signed:

“The financial position of the club is such that we simply can’t go out and sign established first team players"

There is a difference there.

We do need another center back but Stirling and QOS fans not too keen on this guy. Would have liked to stick to the policy of signing guys with potential.

Imagine what would happen if Archie and kinniburgh were injured at the same time? None of our fullbacks can play center back either. So we do need somebody else who can play center half.

Edited by Alan Murray

He must have had something that caught the coaching team's eye, so let's give him a chance before we put him down in our long list of duds. Poor guy hasn't kicked a ball and he's already a bad buy!

I always live in hope that one day we'll pick up a player who turns out to be genuine class; and we've had a fair few: Rae, Charnley, Johnston, Kinnaird, Duffy, Rough... I could go on; should this be a separate thread? "Firhill Legends XI"