Ptfc 1 Berwick R 3

Semi Nurainen

PTFC 1 Berwick R 3.

Read that scoreline and weep. I hope McNamara doesn’t give us any p1sh about being down to 10 or 9 men, for the game should have been wrapped up by then. Bad referees – we get them every week, welcome to the first division.

Kinniburgh total bombscare, Balatoni, lump of wood; taken together possibly the worst, certainly the slowest centre back pairing in the division – left for dead every time they turned, and they were turned plenty. Flanagan should never kick another ball for thistle after his attitude today – useless @rsehole, but why was he left on so long? The rest, not much better, apart from Rowser and Cairney.

Down to 10 men, McNamara takes off the only player who can open the defence, and we spend the rest of the game pumping high balls to two midgets guarded by 4 giants. We obviously never learned our lesson about appointing rookie managers – this partnership is shaping up every bit as bad D&G.

“Maximum points from Dundee and Falkirk” did somebody say? Second division football for us next year.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PTFC 1 Berwick R 3.

Read that scoreline and weep. I hope McNamara doesn’t give us any p1sh about being down to 10 or 9 men, for the game should have been wrapped up by then. Bad referees – we get them every week, welcome to the first division.

Kinniburgh total bombscare, Balatoni, lump of wood; taken together possibly the worst, certainly the slowest centre back pairing in the division – left for dead every time they turned, and they were turned plenty. Flanagan should never kick another ball for thistle after his attitude today – useless @rsehole, but why was he left on so long? The rest, not much better, apart from Rowser and Cairney.

Down to 10 men, McNamara takes off the only player who can open the defence, and we spend the rest of the game pumping high balls to two midgets guarded by 4 giants. We obviously never learned our lesson about appointing rookie managers – this partnership is shaping up every bit as bad D&G.

“Maximum points from Dundee and Falkirk” did somebody say? Second division football for us next year.

Thanks for that.

You omitted to say who you think should replace jaggymac, though.

PTFC 1 Berwick R 3.

poor result..but get a grip of yourself ffs...talking about relegation and the season hasn't even kicked off!

PTFC 1 Berwick R 3.

No complaints about erskine been taken off.he was a passenger for the fifty

mins he was on.need to sign a centre half and quick.

Edited by thornwoodjag

It was poor, but the ref had a major bearing on the outcome of the game. Paton's red card was harsh & it was close to being offside. What let us down was our inability to create good chances, we had plenty possession but no cutting edge. I would have taken Flannigan off & left Erskine off.

Do Balatoni & Paton now miss league games? If so, our defence next week could be extremely stretched.

I know Robertson came on when we were 3-1 down & didn't have much up against him, but he had an assured & comfortable 10/15mins.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

I thought losing to Cowdenbeath all those years ago was bad .... but that was abysmal today.

In the year of our 40th anniversary of humbling Celtic, we go out with a whimper in the very first round of the same competition.

How this club has fallen in 4 decades.

Complete and utter embarrassment today.

No excuses our performance today. We seemed to get stuck in the middle alot and simply didn't know what to do. Flannigan was dreadful. Would like to know why he was left on for so long. The ref was dreadful today. He and that linesman on the jackie husband side were absolutely shocking. Still we should not be getting pumped 3 - 1 at home. Anybody know when archie is back?

The main point really was that the ref had no clear line and lost control of the game quite early on. That said, the red cards we conceded were in order, but we should never have allowed ourselves to end up in that situation with Flannigan having a lot to answer for. We should have had the game wrapped up by half time, but failed to take our chances and that was what came back to haunt us. Even with one man down, we still managed to create chances and I had belief throughout that we could have been back in with a shout, because to be honest, Berwick far from impressed, but they took their chances and held on.

Looking forward to hear what McNamara will make of this.

What sickened me more than the result was the attitude of those morons today! Those guys are paid money to take part in a bloody hobby, and they stroll about the park doing f-all! No creativity, no runs from midfield...not even a spark of enthusiasm and effort. Sinclair is the only one to get pass marks.

Ok, way way way too early to be calling for Jaggy Mc's head! BUT WHAT WERE THOSE SUBS ABOUT!!! Bringing on Robertson a defensive midfielder, Bannigan a midfielder (who can't pass) and Campbell a defender. It just was damage limitation all day long! If we play like that against Dundee we will be obliterated!

(Seems the League Cup is an SFL tournament, does those suspensions carry over to the league? If so we are snookered next week!)

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Really poor, there's no doubt in my mind we'd have won had it stayed 11v11. What the **** paton was doing on the wrong side of that guy I'll never know. Paton, Bala, and Kinniburgh all poor. Sinclair worked hard to get forward and support attacks but there's only so much one man can do. Thought Rowson was solid as always. Cairney was ok. Flannigan wasn't great, we need more from him creatively.

Up front, Erskine done well for the goal, but nothing else really came off for him. Was disappointed we took him off though. Stewart was anonymous, no service right enough. Doolan was frustratingly offside too often, showed some nice touches though, but missed an easy header after a lovely Paton cross.

The system isn't working. We have no width. All this eye of a needle shite is a good philosophy to have at Arsenal or Barca but not at thistle. I'd love to see Erskine and Sinclair in tandem down the left.

Next week we'll need an improvement, 2 home games against diddies from lower league, for 3 against 4. not good enough.

Sinclair is the only one to get pass marks.

Ok, way way way too early to be calling for Jaggy Mc's head! BUT WHAT WERE THOSE SUBS ABOUT!!! Bringing on Robertson a defensive midfielder, Bannigan a midfielder (who can't pass) and Campbell a defender. It just was damage limitation all day long! If we play like that against Dundee we will be obliterated!

(Seems the League Cup is an SFL tournament, does those suspensions carry over to the league? If so we are snookered next week!)

Thought Rowson would have got pass marks from me. The subs were in reaction to the sendings off, when you're down to 9 men you pretty much cant get back in the game at 3-1 so no point in bringing grehan on and losing 5

We could have done with Robbo in defence today, experience and a steadiness not possessed by the two centre backs who played. How many combined millions do the board members have? Surely enough for a decent centre back and a striker who puts himself about. Damon Gray took his goal well an omen?

What sickened me more than the result was the attitude of those morons today! Those guys are paid money to take part in a bloody hobby, and they stroll about the park doing f-all! No creativity, no runs from midfield...not even a spark of enthusiasm and effort. Sinclair is the only one to get pass marks.

Get a grip FFS. That game was well there for the taking in the first half but the ref ruined it when he booked Cairney early on coz he then had to book others for the same nothing tackles. Flannigan to blame for the 1st red, what was that free kick all about? Paton should not have been wrong side and was then very clumsy, but a deserved red card. Balatoni letting the ball bounce was criminal and another deserved red card and pen.

Erskine had a bad day again, his bad days are bloody horrendous tho. Rowser, Cairney and Sinclair were all brilliant today imo. Robertson was brought on to replace the sent of Balatoni, nowt wrong wi that...also it allowed us to put Kinniburgh up front, who I think had an ok game actually, Campbell is not a defender, and that was abundantly clear when he sold the 2nd goal, but there was no-one else to replace the sent off Paton. Bannigan can't pass? Are you serious? Tell us all what you would have done then.

Yes I believe the suspensions kick in immediately, but not 100% sure on that. So we will see Robertson and Archie at centre back with either Kinniburgh or Campbelll at right back

Ref was a joke!!!! Support were as much a let down as the result too!!!

Nae worries, it's a diddy cup anyway, we'll cuff the manky Dees next week :P

Edited to add: Some of Doolan's positional play today was disappointing, he wasn't at the races at all and I wonder if his hamstring was fully recovered from last week.

Edited by Steven H

PTFC 1 Berwick R 3.

your usual type of optimistic post.

sack the board, manager, team, ballboys and mascot...just thought i would get all the other ridiculas statements out of the way <_<

it was a crap result, get over it :thumbsup2:

Agree - a disaster but get a grip. If we lose six of our first 7 league games like last season then yeah every reason to be concerned. However I'm hoping the abysmal performance today will prompt a timely kick up the a**e and a better attitude in the weeks ahead.

The biggest loss is the potential revenue that may have come our way from a favourable draw had we gone through.

Lets keep the head and see how we go over the next couple of weeks.

No excuses our performance today. We seemed to get stuck in the middle alot and simply didn't know what to do. Flannigan was dreadful. Would like to know why he was left on for so long. The ref was dreadful today. He and that linesman on the jackie husband side were absolutely shocking. Still we should not be getting pumped 3 - 1 at home. Anybody know when archie is back?

All being well, Archie should be fit for next week. I think the sending offs carry into league so we will need him fit for next week.

Just hope the lads get this out the system quickly. Had shocker v Raith last season then beat dundee week after.......repeat of that will cheer me up no end.

Glad I missed today.

A very poor performance (only Fox, Sinclair, Rowson & Cairney get pass marks for me) but there was the ref factor which hopefully we want have too often again.

Jackie will need to work hard over the week (and I am sure he will) to get the players ready for Dundee on Saturday and we as supporters need to keep our heads and get right behind the team.

Agree - a disaster but get a grip. If we lose six of our first 7 league games like last season then yeah every reason to be concerned. However I'm hoping the abysmal performance today will prompt a timely kick up the a**e and a better attitude in the weeks ahead.

The biggest loss is the potential revenue that may have come our way from a favourable draw had we gone through.

Lets keep the head and see how we go over the next couple of weeks.

He was joking.....he was having a dig at some of the other drama queens on here.

I'm hoping your right bout giving the lads a kick up the backside.