Ptfc 1 Berwick R 3

Semi Nurainen

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else see the cheeky wee handball from Gray as he turned Paton for the first sending off? I'm sure this was what Fox was complaining about.

I saw it.my mates saw it.but we weren't reffing today.

What about the save from there centre half just after it,one handed as well.

Ref didn't see that one either.who says there not consistant

He was joking.....he was having a dig at some of the other drama queens on here.

I'm hoping your right bout giving the lads a kick up the backside.

I should have made my post clearer. My lead of 'I agree' was referring to Jaggybunnet's comment.

Definately too many drama queens - world beaters after beating a Cellic XI, doom merchants a couple nights later at Dumbarton and now again today.

If we turn over Dundee next Saturday then it will be promotion on the cards.

I should have made my post clearer. My lead of 'I agree' was referring to Jaggybunnet's comment.

Definately too many drama queens - world beaters after beating a Cellic XI, doom merchants a couple nights later at Dumbarton and now again today.

If we turn over Dundee next Saturday then it will be promotion on the cards.

Maybe not promotion,but save us from the drop.

All being well, Archie should be fit for next week. I think the sending offs carry into league so we will need him fit for next week.

Just hope the lads get this out the system quickly. Had shocker v Raith last season then beat dundee week after.......repeat of that will cheer me up no end.

Glad I missed today.

I think that with it being the cup today and both reds were not for violent conduct any suspension carries in to next season's cup so both players will be available for the Dundee game.

I think that with it being the cup today and both reds were not for violent conduct any suspension carries in to next season's cup so both players will be available for the Dundee game.

If so then that's good.

Balatoni not had best of starts to season, so hope he can get it all out his system early doors.

Jaggy Mc's reaction is now on the site, and I agree with everything that he says. Even though people may be unsure if he is the right man for the job, nobody can doubt his intelligence when it comes to the knowledge of the ins and outs of the game.

He said the mistakes were "schoolboy errors," the good thing with that type of error is that it can be corrected with enough practise and hard work. I'm certainly glad that McNamara seems to be no pushover in the dressing-room, and isn't afraid to put the boot into the players if he feels it's necessary.

I'm sure he will have the whole team sweating spinal fluid in training to ensure that they are ready for Saturday!

It beats trash talking the club at every opportunity.......funny, you only seem to post after a defeat !!

Here's proof - if proof were needed - that you talk nothing but rubbish. I posted after last week's game, to say amongst other optimistic things, that Stewart might turn out to be one of the best signings, Sinclair looked good enough not to worry qbout losing Boyle, etc.

Incidentally, the manager happens to agree with my view of events on field today and where that sort of performance will get us; you could look of course, but again that would entail you checking your facts before you talked through your @arse, and I'm sure you wouldn't demean yourself by doing that ...

Quite simply put that was embarrassing today, Not impressed one bit.

Have to agree with Jackie about the school boy errors in defence.

Kinniburgh / Balatoni may just be the worst pairing in the league

1. Scott Fox - Could have done better with both goals, but had woeful defence in front of him, his kickouts were a shambles too.

2. Paul Paton - Deservedly sent off for being caught at wrong side of player, other than that, I felt at fault for the first goal too.

3. Aaron Sinclair - Not sure that anyone deserved pass marks today, but Aaron impressed me, I just wish at points he would get up the wing quicker.

4. Paul Cairney - Good run for goal, other than that done nothing spectacular, free kick was terrible.

5. Willie Kinniburgh - Simply put, Not a footballer... not on todays showing...Id much rather play an U19 than Kinniburgh, or even MacBeth... cant get much worse than Kinniburgh, hes been carried by Archie + Robbo last 2 years.

6. Conrad Balatoni - Impressed last season, but today he couldnt even judge a header, and deservedly sent off. Really wasnt impressed with any of his play today, caught on wrong side too often and it was only time until we paid for it. (also at wrong side of gray for first goal...)

7. Iain Flannigan - This guy has a serious attitude problem. Kinniburgh and Balatoni may have been poor, but at least they were trying. Flannigan on the other hand didnt look interested, pointed out numerous times to my Dad in first half he was a passenger, and also in the second. Sold the second goal, and then Jackie took him off....10 mins too late as far as im concerned. Also would much rather have a 36/37 year old Donnelly playing over him.

8. David Rowson - He has the heart, but when your playing with a poor team around you, you are dragged down to that level.

9. Kris Doolan - Some good link ups with Tommy Stewart but not enough service.

10. Tommy Stewart - Some good link ups with Doolan and Erskine, but doesnt shoot enough.

11. Chris Erskine - Not giving him pass marks, but as usual created a fantastic goal, judged the cross perfectly, but why he was taken off before flannigan ill never know.

Jamie Campbell - Looked reasonable but didnt have much to do.

Bannigan - Didnt get much of the ball after they just started punting it over his head

Robertson - Looked a class above Balatoni and Kinniburgh when he came on. Shame he didnt start.

McNamara - Poor decision to take Erskine off when although Erskine wasnt playing brilliant he can create a goal out of nothing. Also why he didnt take Flannigan off immediately after we went down to 10 men ill never know, because it was like playing with 9 men as he was a passenger.

According to the STV report on the game Paton was sent off for 'foul and abusive language'. If that's true, I'm even more unhappy about it than I was originally.

Assuming the sending off was for the 'last man' thing, though, I just need to say that this is a rule that's spoiled more than one game I'm aware of. It's far too harsh on the offending side - frequently you lose a player and a penalty at the same time. It needs to be interpreted more logically with it only being applied if there's been an obvious attempt to commit a foul. If someone rugby tackles an attacker to stop them scoring, then fair enough, but a genuine tackle which ends up a foul shouldn't be penalised with a sending off.

Here's proof - if proof were needed - that you talk nothing but rubbish. I posted after last week's game, to say amongst other optimistic things, that Stewart might turn out to be one of the best signings, Sinclair looked good enough not to worry qbout losing Boyle, etc.

Incidentally, the manager happens to agree with my view of events on field today and where that sort of performance will get us; you could look of course, but again that would entail you checking your facts before you talked through your @arse, and I'm sure you wouldn't demean yourself by doing that ...

your a right charmer aren't you. Brave boy behind a lap top.

Thought Rowson would have got pass marks from me. The subs were in reaction to the sendings off, when you're down to 9 men you pretty much cant get back in the game at 3-1 so no point in bringing grehan on and losing 5

eh? it was a cup game. if you don't score more than them then you go out. i rather have had a crack at scoring more goals than keeping it at 3. grehan must be looking into his cocktail tonight and realising that kinniburgh was seen as the better option than him. pity we decided to play all the tippytappy stuff after shoving kinniburgh up front. it was an embarrassment for everyone today.

Keep whistling in the dark guys ... and taking the medication.

Semi take it in context, I was referring to win one game and we are hero's, lose another we are hopeless and if we win again next week would be hero's again

Your post was a great case of over-reaction. Yes it was a crap result but relegation and a clearout of players, not quite.

If anyone is needing medication it is you.. Prozac may be a good starting point for you.

Chill man!

McNamara - Poor decision to take Erskine off when although Erskine wasnt playing brilliant he can create a goal out of nothing. Also why he didnt take Flannigan off immediately after we went down to 10 men ill never know, because it was like playing with 9 men as he was a passenger.

If you accept we were playing three up front then it's hardly surprising one of the three would be sacrificed.

I do tho' think subbing Flannigan was well overdue. Can only imagine McNamara was concerned about Cairney either his fitness and/or his earlier booking but it backfired.

Apart from the bad result and poor peformance, I fairly enjoyed being back in the sunshine cheering on the Jags today. The only other fly in the ointment for me was being late due to a taxi driver who could hardly speak English and did not know where the "Stadium of Dreams" was!

Edited by Collins Out!

Jackie's post match comments were articulate and well put.

If you think his comments were in agreement with your abusive rant, then your the one who needs to take the medication.

No one is happy with today's performance, i wasn't there so i won't comment on individuals...but i didn't need to be there to see your initial post for what it was.

Complete and utter embarrassment, but I would rather the schoolbiy errors were made today than next week.

League is the all important - cup runs are an opportunity to make some cash and that is the disappointing consequence of today's lacklustre performance. That said, we haven't really made a lot of money from cup runs in recent years as the draws have not been kind to us.

Still, shocking to lose to lower league opposition. Hope the manager gives the players a good kicking.

How anyone can moan about Erskine being subbed is beyond me. He was utterly attrocious. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that he is becoming this seasons scapegoat.... Is that any worse than how badly people seem to fawn all over him no matter how he plays? When he is on form he is absolutely great (once every 5-7 games???) - the rest of the time he is sh*te!

Said it all last season, Ian Flannigan is a disgrace of a footballer and is stealing a wage from us. IMO he should never pull on a Thistle jersey ever again.

All in all, today was a really bad day at the office but not overly worried. Wouldnt be surprised if we beat Dundee next week.

Dont think we can have too many complaints tonite. Both red cards were correct imo and were probably the only 2 big decisions the ref got right. We are the same at the back as we have been for a few years now hopeless at defending a long ball over the top and we are very suspect against counter attacking. Congrats to Berwick they came with a game plan and it worked for them. Roll on next week till we drub Dungdee