Catering At Firhill

clarencegarter

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plain and simple mate, when the human body has been subjected to stress for 45-mins then pastry and offal washed down by a beef-related beverage is needed to lift the spirits. It is an age old cure that goes back to the Roman days. Folk talk about how great Italian cuisine is but really they're to blame.

But as a protest, we could all bring lunch-boxes and have a picnic at half-time; thus reinforcing the notion that we are in touch with what the working man's game is all about. That way we miss none of the action an d even get to wonder at who might win the 50 - 50 draw and mystery prize that should be a free ticket to come back next week. The prize of a football as 'mystery' prize sends out the wrong message.

P.S. Do the rugger types moan about the catering or do they get decent pies etc?

I think they are too busy quaffing beer and cider to complain about the pies.

The losers will be the caterers as it is outsourced as far as I know.

But surely in the long run it would be thistle who would lose money if people didn't buy from the pie stalls? The less money the outsource company makes the less money thistle would be offered for future seasons to take control of catering? So that means ultimately the losers will be the club.

Catering is a shambles now - If they dont want stock left over, why introduce two new pies - a cheesy bean one and a curry one? Surely having an acceptable reduced menu would be favorable.

Cheesy Bean pie isn't new. Last season they had the macaroni pie and season before that it was cheese and onion Firhill has had vegetarian pie option for a few seasons - which is great in my book - as theres some spl grounds which think a packet of ready salted crisps is fine as a vegetarian option! But have to be honest and say even the vegetarian pie has gone down hill sadly! Think I might save my pennies rather than buy the rubbish food on offer!

B) It would seem that a lot has changed since my days going to Firhill and enjoying a hot bovril and a Hot sometimes cold greasy Mutton Scotch pie. Can't remember ever having been told Naw Nothin" left son.

Mibees it's too hard fot them to actually work out how many to cater for as the teams performance has a lot to do with it. How can you provide for a crowd of 4ooo when only 1674 turn up for instance? But in saying that I am a bit disgusted that at today's prices and the fact that it is 2011 the fans at Firhill are still treated like nobody's. Service with a smile appears to be oot the windae at Firhill. :thumbdown:

It was only a couple of seasons ago we were doing that pie of the month thing which was brilliant, seems a bit of a farse now.

Bring back the Homemade Lamb Pie!

Agreed, seemed a bit silly at the time but now I realise how immense the Pie Of The Month was. Chilli Beef! Lamb! Amazing! When we have a Chairman with his fingers in the McGhees Pies, can we no sort this one out in-house instead of selling the catering rights to the first chancers that come along? On top of that, it would be good to have a Director who was particularly concerned with the matchday experience...? Ahem.

A fair assessment of the catering set-up at Firhii.

There are only 2 ways for this to change:

1 - Ask the Directors to come down at half time and join the queue and experience the delights on offer.

2 - a mass boycott of the caterer's stalls.

I personally give them a body swerve after seeing with my own eyes how little value for money there is and am in a position to dine outside after the game. Here's a tip for those who can't manage without -Stick an apple in your pocket before leaving the house.

A fair assessment of the catering set-up at Firhii.

There are only 2 ways for this to change:

1 - Ask the Directors to come down at half time and join the queue and experience the delights on offer.

2 - a mass boycott of the caterer's stalls.

I personally give them a body swerve after seeing with my own eyes how little value for money there is and am in a position to dine outside after the game. Here's a tip for those who can't manage without -Stick an apple in your pocket before leaving the house.

I used to do that, but I got fed up with mouthfuls of oose stuck to the toffee.

I think they should stop f.annying about with the choice of pies, a fitba crowd doesn't need curry, macaroni, cheese and beans or onions or even steak pies. They should concentrate on having enough scotch pies to meet demand, start daein chips again like they did in the mid-90's (they also did a good cheeseburger at that time).

Keep it simple. If people want a choice of fancy cuisine then go to a restaurant, catering at the fitba should be to temporarily solve a slight feeling of hunger at half-time.

Curry pies, a lot of nonsense.

Edited by cjptfc

I think they should stop f.annying about with the choice of pies, a fitba crowd doesn't need curry, macaroni, cheese and beans or onions or even steak pies. They should concentrate on having enough scotch pies to meet demand, start daein chips again like they did in the mid-90's (they also did a good cheeseburger at that time).

Keep it simple. If people want a choice of fancy cuisine then go to a restaurant, catering at the fitba should be to temporarily solve a slight feeling of hunger at half-time.

i like my curry pies or used to the old ones.

and if you want chips go to a chippy :P

• Administrators

Hi,

The club have contacted us today to say they are taking on board the comments on this thread and would like to get some feedback on improvements required.

Some of you will have received a PM today regarding this but if you haven't already posted to this thread - and would like to be involved in a short survey - please contact Ami at [email protected] to get involved.

Please use this opportunity to register your concerns with the club, and help them to make the improvements that need to/can be made.

Cheers

Hi,

The club have contacted us today to say they are taking on board the comments on this thread and would like to get some feedback on improvements required.

Some of you will have received a PM today regarding this but if you haven't already posted to this thread - and would like to be involved in a short survey - please contact Ami at [email protected] to get involved.

Please use this opportunity to register your concerns with the club, and help them to make the improvements that need to/can be made.

Cheers

so the club doooooooooo read the forum. how many times have they said they didn't or don't or won't? shame its just the comments on catering that they want feedback on. coincidence cos its not them that actually run it? wonder what they think of the egm thread?

so the club doooooooooo read the forum. how many times have they said they didn't or don't or won't? shame its just the comments on catering that they want feedback on. coincidence cos its not them that actually run it? wonder what they think of the egm thread?

In fairness to the BOD, think it's more Ami and Maxi (maybe) that will read the forum. I know some of the players do as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking for me, I can't stomach traditional pies, never could, but love the likes of chicken balti pies to go with my bovril or tea. Tasty food at the fitba? Imagine. I hope the variety continues, or at least there are one or two alternatives to the traditional.