New Faces!....

Firhillista

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuses are starting to sound like Gerry Collins.

was thinking that today, not so much the excuses, but bad luck (soft penalties conceded, penalties missed by us, free gift goals conceded) early in the season led to poorer performances & ultimately no league wins under him. Let's hope that doesn't happen

He's not very good now is he? He scored twice or something in about 20 games in the Second Division, did you see his shot against us? When he tried to volley it from about 30 yards and smashed it nearer to the corner flag! No thanks!

Just scored a hat-trick against Hibs under-19s.

Also, this from the Evening Times in January - "Celtic have won another Old Firm battle, having snatched Airdrie United starlet Tony Watt – just as he seemed destined to join Rangers. The striker had been training with the Ibrox club. However, Celtic have moved quickly and agreed the £100,000 Airdrie want for the 17-year-old. Watt will go straight into the Development Squad. He had broken into the Diamonds’ first team, and attracted interest not only from Rangers, but also Liverpool."

And from the Scotsman in the same month - "Now Watt can reflect on a January wherein "there have been a lot of good things that have happened" to him. The latest is being awarded the Irn-Bru young player of the year of the month for December, the teenager bringing his time at Airdrie to a close with a last-minute winner away to Alloa. It seems he has a canny knack of grand exits and entrances. Watt picked up his Irn Bru award fresh from scoring on his signed debut for Celtic in auspicious circumstances. His goal was netted against Russian club Krylia Sovetov 3-1 on Sunday at the end of 14 days in a training camp in Turkey. Celtic, along with Rangers and Queen's Park, were there benefiting from the Leonardo da Vinci Coaching Initiative, a programme funded by the European Union and which can be utilised by clubs who major on youth training and development."

Sounds okay to me...

Was anyone actually impressed by any of the youngsters Celtic played? For a lot of them it was their big chance to impress in front of a crowd and most of them done **** all.

Not one of them stood out.. I'd rather we gave game time to our own youngsters than took some of theirs on loan with a no doubt guarantee to give them a game.

I'm quite impressed with the Manager's comments there to be honest. He didn't try and hide, he admitted we hadn't been good enough in the 2 league games and shaky at the back etc, but he also isn't pressing the panic button and is taking some positives. That's fair enough at this stage I think. When the dust settles on a sunday its a bit easier to see the big picture. Yes, we've lost our opening 2 league games, but we haven't lost them 4-0 or 5-0, its been close and there are 34 games to go.

Stick with it, its early yet.

Sorry, I saw the bigger picture when we started the campaign with the current squad and the manager reinforced the club`s signing policy (or lack thereof).

The bigger picture is that unless money is found we are going to be in a relegation battle between now and the end of the season. Almost all games in this league will be decided by the odd goal. To say that our defeats have been close is an irrelevance.

What`s are the positives in Played 2 Scored 1 Points 0

Posted Today, 07:15 PM

Why do people keep asking where Fraser is?

Beyond the pale

It's being so positive that keeps you going. Is there any player you do rate?

People like John Baird who we could've signed when he left Airdrie, Mark Ferry, Greg Stewart etc...

If Shaun Fraser was good enough he'd be playing week in, week out, he's had a few chances and I think he seems a bit nervous on the ball, I have every reason to hate him but I've given him my full support whenever he's been playing, he's just not good enough and how people can slate Grehan to **** and have their **** up Fraser's arse is beyond me.

People like John Baird who we could've signed when he left Airdrie, Mark Ferry, Greg Stewart etc...

If Shaun Fraser was good enough he'd be playing week in, week out, he's had a few chances and I think he seems a bit nervous on the ball, I have every reason to hate him but I've given him my full support whenever he's been playing, he's just not good enough and how people can slate Grehan to **** and have their **** up Fraser's arse is beyond me.

The lad's just turned 18

Is he the one that's been giving you all the crap exclusives about who we're signing?

What's the story there mate? Apologies if I'm being nosey

You're Martin Grehan, aren't you?

No idea as to potential signings but personally i'd be disappointed and slightly peeved if we brought in another club's youngsters when we haven't really given our own an opportunity yet.

:thumbsup2:

Our own youth structure must be dependent on getting youngsters into a regular slot in the Saturday squad. One reason is straight finance but another is as a form of continuity. Prospective first team football is bound to be a major selling point to parents and kids alike.