Christie Elliot

Alan Murray

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambie did a few saturday morning signings as well.

Mr. Lambie always liked to have a quick striker on the bench to bring on against tiring center half’s and looks like he can take a free kick.

But for all that Lambie was always, but always, "short of a couple of players, one with a bit of pace" B)

I'm optimistic. With the defeat of Thistle by Blyth it shows that we are comparable to that level in England.

Better with a younger guy with something to prove that McManus looking for a last paycheck.

It's possible there is a Blyth connection to this. The Spartans manager had only just moved from Whitley Bay. Perhaps he recommended the lad to Jackie or the Jags to the lad?

It's possible there is a Blyth connection to this. The Spartans manager had only just moved from Whitley Bay. Perhaps he recommended the lad to Jackie or the Jags to the lad?

That makes sense. I doubt that our scouting network extends down to NE England.

I'm optimistic. With the defeat of Thistle by Blyth it shows that we are comparable to that level in England.

Better with a younger guy with something to prove that McManus looking for a last paycheck.

Eh? Whitley Bay don't even play in the Conference North. Once you get outside the Football Conference theres loads of different regional leagues which further dilutes the quality. I don't want to judge the guy already, he could turn out to be good, but we've already signed one unproven player in Scotland (Stewart) and Jackie wants to go and sign a guy who has been grubbing it in the pub leagues of English Football, whose potential is solely based on a brief stint as a trialist.

Edited by MWM

Eh? Whitley Bay don't even play in the Conference North. Once you get outside the Football Conference theres loads of different regional leagues which further dilutes the quality. I don't want to judge the guy already, he could turn out to be good, but we've already signed one unproven player in Scotland (Stewart) and Jackie wants to go and sign a guy who has been grubbing it in the pub leagues of English Football, whos potential is solely based on a brief stint as a trialist.

"Pub leagues" is a bit OTT but not much. Elliot played for Jarrow Roofing before joining Whitley Bay for one season. Jackie is taking a big punt on this lad. I am surprised that we could not get a loan player from the SPL.

I would rather take a chance on a unknown english non league player than take sum old firm diddy on loan

Totally agree. If a young guy cannot get a game before Sammy the Greek at Celtic or the guy that cannae poach an egg at Ibrox why would we want them.lets give the boy a chance.Only person to blame if he does not make it is Jackie.

I would rather take a chance on a unknown english non league player than take sum old firm diddy on loan

Like Andy Murdoch? He did well for us.

However, I said SPL rather than old firm. We have Balatoni from Hearts and most fans were pleased when he re-signed for this season.

Edited by kni

Jukka was a great signing (and still would be), but for ever Jukka there is a Steven Campbell or Steven Lennon. As for Andy Murdoch he was great in 2 loan spells (now over 20 years ago) but he turned out to be a horrific waste of a club record transfer fee. Interesting to note the guy who replaced him as first choice went to make us a good transfer fee and was still playing first team football last season.