Imrie

I would not have him anywhere near Firhill. Goes down any time someone is near him, moans at virtually every decision and I don't reckon he is that talented anyway.

There has to be better than that we tosser out there.

And the Hamilton fans are very forgiving, considering that he nearly killed one of their players a few years ago.

I would not have him anywhere near Firhill. Goes down any time someone is near him, moans at virtually every decision and I don't reckon he is that talented anyway.

There has to be better than that we tosser out there.

And the Hamilton fans are very forgiving, considering that he nearly killed one of their players a few years ago.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Imrie seems to thrive on the abuse from opposition fans. He's a horrible wee b*stard but a very good player at this level. If he was made available to ANY club in the division they would all take him without hesitation.

I also think it's very unfair to level him with accusations of attempted murder. That was a freak accident that ocassionally occurs in many sports. Totally unfair to level blame at Imrie.

His manager is singing his praises

Imrie was outstanding - I don't know how many times he was kicked.

I was glad as the game went on to see him come further and further back to get the ball. Imrie is at his most effective when he's sticking passes into the penalty box. Higginbotham at Falkirk is similar in that respect.

If Imrie regularly lasts 90 mins as he doing this season he'll do well for Accies.

Imrie's a good wee player, his problem is he doesn't get over decisions against him. He's a moaning wee ***** and is then an easy target for opposing fans.

Think most of us agree that he's a wee cocky s**** with ability who gives a fair bit for his team. I'd like to see him in a Jags strip as he has menacing presence and pantomime villan probably sums him up.

P.S. Thought Cairney was outstanding yesterday - Paton also coming onto a good game.

The old saying... I'd rather have him in the tent pi**ing out than outside the tent pi**ing in.

A right nyaff of a player and a real love or hate type, depending on who's side he is playing on.

You may not like him, but it's difficult to argue against him not adding something to our team.

Edited by Jagsfan58

I also think it's very unfair to level him with accusations of attempted murder. That was a freak accident that ocassionally occurs in many sports. Totally unfair to level blame at Imrie.

I did not accuse him of attempted murder - merely stating that at the time of the unfortunate incident, he became a hate figure among Accies fans and now he seems to be a hero.

Mr W Reid should stick with the day job, if this is typical of his standup -

“I thought that Dougie Imrie was sensational, I thought he was the best player on the park by a mile, all over the park, he got kicked so many times, but I can’t pay enough credit to him, I thought he was a cut above everyone on the park today.”

Credit to Aaron Sinclair for at least sticking with it in the first fifteen or twenty minutes when it looked like he might get turned inside out. It was notable that Imrie switched over to the left for a short while at about 35 minutes to see if could get more out of Paton. He couldn't.

PS if you think we have striker problems, I thought the big lad Paterson looked honkin for Hamilton

Mr W Reid should stick with the day job, if this is typical of his standup -

“I thought that Dougie Imrie was sensational, I thought he was the best player on the park by a mile, all over the park, he got kicked so many times, but I can’t pay enough credit to him, I thought he was a cut above everyone on the park today.”

He does like a wee bit of hyperbolic nonsense but I think Reid is pretty much on the money when he says Imrie was "the best player on the park". He should have been put up in the air early on but, at times, we couldn't even get close enough to kick him.

I'd love to see him in a Thistle jersey.

He does like a wee bit of hyperbolic nonsense but I think Reid is pretty much on the money when he says Imrie was "the best player on the park". He should have been put up in the air early on but, at times, we couldn't even get close enough to kick him.

Totally agree. Anyone who says Imrie wasn't the best player on the park on Saturday must have been watching a different match.

Totally agree. Anyone who says Imrie wasn't the best player on the park on Saturday must have been watching a different match.

absolutely spot on