Flannigan.....Rowson.....Bannigan.....Cairney

...................Elliot.....Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Lindsay

Campbell

Erskine

Stewart

Or a midfield 3 of Cairney, Rowson & Bannigan with Erskine in a 'free role' where he did well at the end of last season.

1JL - I'm sure that selection would do OK but it's not likely to be what the manager picks.

For a start I think he's bound to stick with Robertson in midfield until we've got a few points in the bag: especially now he can't play his first choice defence.

I also think he'll start Stewart as he'll want to see if the threat of Elliot coming in will improve his game (and he'll maybe think Elliot isn't up to the pace of our league yet and is better coming on as an impact player later in the game).

I do agree that Bannigan should eventually replace Robertson in midfield and if things go well we'll maybe see Bannigan get a decent amount of game time against QoS and other teams coming up soon.

Rough

J Hansen A Hansen Campbell Forsyth

A Rae Glavin Watson

Somner Bone McQuade

SUBS

Arrol

Johnston

Hardie

Anderson

Gibson Johnny

Should get the three points this week. ;)

Alan Hansen's in his 50s man!

Wait, he'd still be better than Balatoni.

We need to move Roberson out of the center of midfield and put Cairney in.

...........................Fox

..Paton.....Balatoni.....Archibald.....Sinclair

Flannigan.....Rowson.... Cairney.....Erskine

...................Elliot.....Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Lindsay

Campbell

Bannigan

Stewart

Does anyone know if Robertson & Sinclair are fit?

Just saw the OS and apparently Roberston got a knock and hasn't trained this week (with the team - maybe doing fitness work while avoiding using the injured leg). Likely to be on the bench at best I think so someone else in. No mention of Sinclair so I suppose he's OK.

Not sure what he'll do. Would seem sensible to me if we're going to stick with 4-4-2 that we move Cairney into the middle and bring in Campbell or Bannigan on the left. Of course he could start Erskine instead but I sort of agree with you that we can't really start with Flannigan and Erskine together.

Christie is back in England training with his old team. Apparently he had exams to sit so he can keep the option of going to university later. Manager also doesn't seem to think he's quite ready to start a game but I'd bet he'll be on the bench and will come on some time in the game.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Fox

Paton

Balatoni

Archibald

Sinclair

Flannigan

Cairney

Rowson

Erskine

Stewart

Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Robertson/O'Donnell

Lindsay

Campbell/Bannigan

Elliot

Rather uncertain whether we can play a rigid 4-4-2 with Erskine. At his best he needs an undefined role and at his worst we're very exposed down our left side.

The guy Carmichael could give us problems as he's got a lot of pace. Not sure but I think he's likely to come in from their left. With Paton, Balatoni and Cairney none to speedy to say the least he might cause us damage. Maybe O'Donnell is quick? :unsure: If Robertson is preferred on the bench I'd have Campbell as a sub. If it's the new lad I'd have Bannigan instead of Campbell.

Fox

Paton, Balatoni, Archibald, Sinclair

Campbell, Rowson, Cairney

Flannigan, Doolan, Erskine

Subs - Scully, Lindsay, Bannigan, Stewart, Elliot

I like that, a 4-3-3 that is easily convertible to a 4-5-1. I'd be tempted to put Stewart in place of Flannigan as he is more attacking, but Flannigan did set one up from the right wing at the weekend and Stewart hasn't hit the promise he shown towards the end of last season.

Midfield 4 has to be rowser, cairney, campbell and robertson. If Scotts not fit then we will need to give 1 of 2 underperfoming players a game and in my book erskine edges flannigan! Give Stewart 1 last chance to prove he can play with dools and if it ain't working bring on linford! Either way we need to win so a positive vocal support will do nicely.......