Just In

Camallain

I've not read the thread and I also decided to leave posting on the game for a day to give me time to reflect.

It was a very poor performance, no getting away from it. Very few positives to take from the game.

Elliott with a goal and assist is a positive.

Agreed with Cairney as motm, thought he worked hard and two of his passes to Erskine were superb.

Robertson did ok....particularly at center back.

Jackie changing it and bringing on Stewart and Erskine probably won us the game.

Archie using his experience to prevent what looked like two certain goal were a positive. Think he was lucky not to give away a pen in second half though.

Rest had a bad day at the office.

Balatoni is a good player, he proved that in the last quarter of last season. He's been really poor (except accies game) and he has got to improve and quick. For me our worst performer yesterday and taken off before he cost us a goal.

Fox is still for me, one of best keepers in league. Two mistakes in as many games doesn't change that, but please, cut out the mistakes foxy.

Flanigan can beat a man....his run that led to free kick at start of second proved that. He was mainly awful yesterday.

Sinclair is young and been great since coming to the club. He was due a bad game.

Got home last night and was flat. Felt like a defeat. Just relieved we got the win. Ironic that the worst we have played so far is the game we win. We won't get away with too many performances like that.

Glad we have 2 week break. Get some hard work done on the training ground.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A win's a win. If we play bogging all season but finish in the top three I'd take it. Although it certainly isn't ideal. But Jackie said that he wasnt happy with how we played. He has also said he wants us to play nice football so yesterday could just be a one-off. I also felt there were a few positives to come out of the match.

Hopefully this will lead on to better things, now that we've got our first victory of the season. :)

Right, I'm happy to accept in football you often don't get what you deserve and swings and roundabouts etc, but we didn't play well against Dundee. it was two poor teams cancelling each other out and we got done by a dodgy penalty decision, yesterday we played poor, but luck was on our side and we got the win. Over the course of every game I've been at we've been at best above average (Hamilton) to below average and rank rotten. Its not like aside from yesterday theres overwhelming evidence we are a good team.

Apart from the bit about playing poorly yesterday I cannot agree with anything else you have said but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I don't feel MWM is far off the mark. We carried very little luck in the first three games but I can't say that for any lengthy period in any game we played well.

Imo we were a fair bit better than Dundee and they certainly didn't deserve 3pts. But that's different from saying we deserved anything out of a game where we're playing at home and can't score in open play.

Against Falkirk we played some decent football but too sporadic. A draw away from home would have been justified. Again Falkirk hardly put in a display worthy of three points.

At home to Hamilton most folk, myself included, reckon a draw was about the right result even tho' we lost out on three points by an unforced error.

A dodgy and then a missed penalty plus a daft error from Fox cost us four points where we perhaps on merit should have scraped 3 points from the first three games.

Our luck certainly changed for the better on Saturday so much so that I'd argue it balanced up the three games prior. So we're sitting on four points (factually and imo about right on merit) after four games three of which were at home. Given that no team has played that well against us I find that most alarming.

Calamitous defending and a truly terrible game. The only shred of comfort is that Linford looks like he might be a good find and Paul Cairney has decided to try again which could lead to some decent production down the left with Sinclair.

But days like yesterday just emphasise why people chuck it or get out of the habit of going. Dire.